Hotels near Southampton Iona berth

lynnek

Leonardo Grand Harbour Hotel Southampton and Holiday Inn Herbert Walker Avenue are two close to the terminal with swimming pools and gym facilities.  Stayed at both and they decent places to stay at with good connections to cruising.  Holiday In also does cruise parking deals and you use their car park. If you use Leonardo Grand Harbour they use a different parking system.  Both do quayside transfers Holiday Inn will book you taxis and Leonardo do concierge transfers.

Regards John

• Like 1

To be honest, I wouldn't worry too much about the proximity to the actual terminal. All tge city centre hotels are only a short taxi ride away from the terminal.

For a short overnight stay before the cruise,  we are not worried about gyms,  room service etc, and opt for a Premier Inn. Gives us more money to spend onboard. 

Others, obviously,  have different views.  

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, daiB said:

I highly recommend the Southampton Harbour Hotel in Ocean Village. They park you car and bring you to the ship in a very nice Mercedes. However its not cheap.

Handy for Wetherspoons too

Edited by davecttr
  • Haha 5

If anyone watches Channel 5 and has a My5 account they can look for the episode of Rich House - Poor House where wowzz and DaiB appear.  Very entertaining swap scenario.  The best bit is when DaiB fronts up to his air BnB landlady with a fag hanging out her mouth "So you're not the concierge" he asks. Whereas wowzz looks at a bidet in the ***** King Hotel and is heard saying "They even have sinks specially for dwarfs".

Regards John

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, daiB said:

I highly recommend the Southampton Harbour Hotel in Ocean Village. They park you car and bring you to the ship in a very nice Mercedes. However its not cheap.

Not cheap, I priced up a one night stay at this hotel for two people and the rooms varied between £257 and £1035 for the night. You could save a bit though if you went down Wetherspoons for your meals.

Regards John

• Like 1

3 hours ago, john watson said:

Not cheap, I priced up a one night stay at this hotel for two people and the rooms varied between £257 and £1035 for the night. You could save a bit though if you went down Wetherspoons for your meals.

Regards John

Blimey - I'd want a Goblin Teasmade  for that price !