does a couple order the test kit individually?

jjduck

Sorry, but we are still confused about the testing.  Help please

When my husband went to the link to order the test thru the optum store (per email from celebrity), they asked for age and gender and is the test for him or someone else.  Do we have to order individual tests, or can each of us use one test each from the package?

We only have ONE i-phone (weird, I know).  Can we download two Navica apps from one phone?

ANY help is appreciated from the old folks at home. Thanks!

For two people order two test kits.
To 'activate' you both will download the app and scan the QR code and proceed individually from there.

I simply don't know how you will deal with having 1 iphone.  
iPad?  Laptop?  something?

Edited by hasentreelake

I spoke with the rep at the optum store and was told to purchase one two test kit and load the app on each of our phones.  I hope this is correct because this is what I did, also makes no sense to order the 3 test kit if only one person can use it.

43 minutes ago, jjduck said:

We only have ONE i-phone (weird, I know).  Can we download two Navica apps from one phone?

Use the one phone and download the Navica app one time. You'll need to create 2 Navica accounts/logins (1 for each of you). Login to the first account, take the test. When done, log out of the first account, log in to the second account and take the test.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hasentreelake said:

For two people order two test kits.
To 'activate' you both will download the app and scan the QR code and proceed individually from there.

I simply don't know how you will deal with having 1 iphone.  
iPad?  Laptop?  something?

We are on a cruise Nov 7 -do not own a cellphone and no intention of getting one -are we in trouble ? Only desk top computer st home.

3 hours ago, loerie said:

We are on a cruise Nov 7 -do not own a cellphone and no intention of getting one -are we in trouble ? Only desk top computer st home.

The question above about a camera on your PC is critical since you have no phone for the test.  The only reason an at-home test is accepted is because the procedure is monitored over video to assure it is correctly and honestly administered.  I'd find a friend with a smart phone and attend to it that way.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, canderson said:

The question above about a camera on your PC is critical since you have no phone for the test.  The only reason an at-home test is accepted is because the procedure is monitored over video to assure it is correctly and honestly administered.  I'd find a friend with a smart phone and attend to it that way.

Thank you

4 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

And for those couples who share one email account that won’t work.  Take a minute and open a Google account so you have two separate email addresses

We have separate email accounts but only one smart phone. Please tell me that is not going to be a problem.  If we take the at home test at home we have a PC and a laptop with cameras so I guess that would work.  Just not sure about "scanning the kit". Can we do that on a computer?

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU