Any issues using Docket App or other apps as POV?

cruiseseal

I am in NJ, and Docket is the official state app for vaccine records. I got my vaccine early, and threw away the card (after I took the photo of it), since I didn't think I'd need the actual (easily faked flimsy paper) card for anything. Anyway, thankfully, NJ has Docket, so I it's not a issue as far as records are concerned. I can also generate a POV PDF from the app and print it, but that's probably unnecessary in most cases.

Did anyone use Docket or any other similar app as proof of vaccination, and did you encounter any issues at boarding? Thanks.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cruiseseal said:

I am in NJ, and Docket is the official state app for vaccine records. I got my vaccine early, and threw away the card (after I took the photo of it), since I didn't think I'd need the actual (easily faked flimsy paper) card for anything. Anyway, thankfully, NJ has Docket, so I it's not a issue as far as records are concerned. I can also generate a POV PDF from the app and print it, but that's probably unnecessary in most cases.

Did anyone use Docket or any other similar app as proof of vaccination, and did you encounter any issues at boarding? Thanks.

Im going in November and will ask when boarding.  

5 hours ago, AustinCruise said:

Well, too late for that, my cruise is in a few days. I can have my doctor reissue a new vaccination card, of course, since vaccination records are accessible to all doctors in NJ, and they can verify this information, but that seems unnecessary, given that "electronic vaccination records where country policy requires the use of electronic documentation via app or health agency site" are accepted. Of course,  these apps are a new thing, so while I am sure I'll get onboard, I am not excited about having to educate boarding agents on NJ state and CDC policies with regards to electronic records.

Keep in mind, you are talking Royal requirements right now. Also keep in mind any port that may require it. Those custom agents (or whomever will require seeing it) might not accept a digital form. Personally, I would attempt to get a letter from the or another card if at all possible.

Best of luck.

Erika

7 hours ago, birdylady said:

Keep in mind, you are talking Royal requirements right now. Also keep in mind any port that may require it. Those custom agents (or whomever will require seeing it) might not accept a digital form. Personally, I would attempt to get a letter from the or another card if at all possible.

Best of luck.

Erika

Just spoke with RC, the agent had to bring in a manager to be sure, but they confirmed that official state government health department (as well as healthcare provider apps) would be accepted, assuming they provide name and vaccine type/dates. They said they'd add a record to this effect to my account, in case I have any issues. Basically, they confirmed that they accept electronic vaccine records.

• Like 2

Well, it looks like there's no way to do a check-in using the RC app without providing a photo of the CDC card. Not sure if the app would accept any other card/printout (didn't try it). The good news that I found my card, but I'll still try to use an app during boarding and see what happens.

On 9/22/2021 at 5:16 AM, cruiseseal said:

Well, too late for that, my cruise is in a few days. I can have my doctor reissue a new vaccination card, of course, since vaccination records are accessible to all doctors in NJ, and they can verify this information, but that seems unnecessary, given that "electronic vaccination records where country policy requires the use of electronic documentation via app or health agency site" are accepted. Of course,  these apps are a new thing, so while I am sure I'll get onboard, I am not excited about having to educate boarding agents on NJ state and CDC policies with regards to electronic records.

Like the other folks have said.......It is royal’s rules, so you gotta do what they say (I bet that the picture of your app would probably work, but yay you found it!) but the quote you say says “where country policy requires the use....” and I don’t think that the US requires an app yet......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruiseseal said:

Well, it looks like there's no way to do a check-in using the RC app without providing a photo of the CDC card. Not sure if the app would accept any other card/printout (didn't try it). The good news that I found my card, but I'll still try to use an app during boarding and see what happens.

Did you try checking in with the website / Cruise Planner instead?  I checked in that way and never had to provide a photo of anything.

8 hours ago, cruiseseal said:

Well. I am very glad that you found it. Instead of just randomly tossing it away as you indicated in your previous post. They are kind of important to have. :classic_smile:

5 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

We are leaving Saturday and never had to upload any photos either.

Yeah, check-in on the website doesn't require it, but I think the app allows you to do more than the website, in terms of boarding, like filling out health and safety form. I could have probably skipped that part, just to test if I could get by with just electronic vaccine records.

2 hours ago, cruiseseal said:

Yeah, check-in on the website doesn't require it, but I think the app allows you to do more than the website, in terms of boarding, like filling out health and safety form. I could have probably skipped that part, just to test if I could get by with just electronic vaccine records.

let us from NJ know how/if you used Docket.  

On 9/22/2021 at 5:16 AM, cruiseseal said:

That's the issue . NY also has the App but I'm not certain that any place that doesn't have something of this nature will not question it. Good luck if you are sailing out of Florida. Probably the only people in that state who even know what a vaccination card looks like let alone an App are the people at the cruise terminals.

14 hours ago, cruiseseal said:

Glad to hear you found your card in order to avoid any issues at the port.  After we got into the terminal earlier this month on Allure, there was a bunch of folks off to the side with a Royal rep and they didn't look to happy.

We were able to add pictures and a copy of the vaccination card using the app but when we were going through check-in they still took our pictures and took a picture of the cards...lol.

Enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 8:33 AM, Darkingnj said:

Glad to hear you found your card in order to avoid any issues at the port.  After we got into the terminal earlier this month on Allure, there was a bunch of folks off to the side with a Royal rep and they didn't look to happy.

We were able to add pictures and a copy of the vaccination card using the app but when we were going through check-in they still took our pictures and took a picture of the cards...lol.

Enjoy your cruise.

So, yeah, using an app during the boarding process would have been a problem, because their whole process is designed around people having CDC cards. They take photos of the cards and test results. I thought about trying to use an app anyway, but I was with my (older) parents, and didn't want to create any additional delays. I am sure it would have worked, since I was given a green light by RCCL representatives, but I didn't want to deal with the additional headache. I hope they incorporate more secure and reliable electronic records into their process sometime in the future. 

• Like 1