Divina percentage of capacity

MISTER 67

Just called MSC and the agent had no idea what percentage of their ships are limited to, why would they not know and what are they hiding.

We really like MSC and would like to sail on October 17 but every other line I have called gives you the exact percentage of passengers the ships are limited. Can someone help me out.

14 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Just called MSC and the agent had no idea what percentage of their ships are limited to, why would they not know and what are they hiding.

We really like MSC and would like to sail on October 17 but every other line I have called gives you the exact percentage of passengers the ships are limited. Can someone help me out.

Are you trying to ask what they are capping capacity at because of covid?

8 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

8 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Yes, sorry I should have explained it better.

2 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Yes, sorry I should have explained it better.

No worries. I suspect you didn't get an answer because...

a) Most reps are clueless.

b) I don't think there is any official policy.

c) MSC ships right now are *very* empty, so they are trying to fill them up and not cap them. In fact, just got an email today saying the free balcony upgrade deal is back.

2 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

No worries. I suspect you didn't get an answer because...

a) Most reps are clueless.

b) I don't think there is any official policy.

c) MSC ships right now are *very* empty, so they are trying to fill them up and not cap them. In fact, just got an email today saying the free balcony upgrade deal is back.

Thats why we are looking at  Oct. 17, free upgrade from an outside to a veranda at a really low price.

We, even though vaccinated are still a little hesitant in booking a cruise but we have not been anywhere since Nov of 2019 and really need a cruise. Thanks for helping out.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 1

I was on the Oct 24th Divina sailing.  It ended up being a "fully chartered" sailing, but still allowed people that had it booked to stay on the sailing if they wanted.  The chartered group had around 1800 people.  Based on that and what MSC has been sailing with to date and when the closed the bookings for this one, I would estimate they will have close to 2200 people on this sailing.

I think this is currently an outlier, higher capacity than other sailings.  But even this seems to be at the 50/60% capacity.  Just anecdotal.  I canceled my booking on this one for the same reasons you are feeling MISTER.

Edited by mlbdude

2 hours ago, mlbdude said:

I was on the Oct 24th Divina sailing.  It ended up being a "fully chartered" sailing, but still allowed people that had it booked to stay on the sailing if they wanted.  The chartered group had around 1800 people.  Based on that and what MSC has been sailing with to date and when the closed the bookings for this one, I would estimate they will have close to 2200 people on this sailing.

I think this is currently an outlier, higher capacity than other sailings.  But even this seems to be at the 50/60% capacity.  Just anecdotal.  I canceled my booking on this one for the same reasons you are feeling MISTER.

I had booked that one too, and I canceled my booking when they made that option available as well. for mostly the same reason. This would’ve been my first cruise back and it was not meeting my comfort level. Once I found out that they had so many salsa cruise people on the ship and huge pool deck and beach parties scheduled, music till 5am……. That was not what I was looking for right now. I know people might start out with good intentions, but once the rum drinks start flowing and the music starts blasting, I think masks and social distancing are going right out the window.  I actually think it’s kind of risky for MSC to be having that cruise. I think it has the potential to be a superspreader event and could really turn into a debacle for them. But, that’s just me. I’ve got 11/14 and 11/21 booked in November and hopefully that will go well.

Edited by racephoto
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, racephoto said:

I had booked that one too, and I canceled my booking when they made that option available as well. for mostly the same reason. This would’ve been my first cruise back and it was not meeting my comfort level. Once I found out that they had so many salsa cruise people on the ship and huge pool deck and beach parties scheduled, music till 5am……. That was not what I was looking for right now. I know people might start out with good intentions, but once the rum drinks start flowing and the music starts blasting, I think masks and social distancing are going right out the window.  I actually think it’s kind of risky for MSC to be having that cruise. I think it has the potential to be a superspreader event and could really turn into a debacle for them. But, that’s just me. I’ve got 11/14 and 11/21 booked in November and hopefully that will go well.

I completely agree with you I’m surprised MSC is allowing this as well for all the same reasons you listed about rum drinks, pool parties and all social distancing and masking going out the window could equate to a lot of positive cases. 
I’m also on the Nov 14th sailing for 7 days and hoping these folks don’t screw it up for the rest of us. 

Edited by styles27
  • Like 2

We are booked on October 17th cruise there is Facebook cruise for that sailing. I believe ship is far from full. Lots of people complaining because they were booked in certain cabins that they had selected and are now being moved to cabins they feel are less desirable. Several people even cancelled because of it. The explanation from MSC has been they are keeping certain areas of the ship empty in case the need to quarantine people occurs. 

As far as a Salsa cruise…..forget it! I love salsa and love to watch it. But we inadvertently booked a cruise once that ended up having a super large square dance group. Fun to watch the first day but got annoying because everywhere you went they took over dance floors.  Crew, cruise director made trip all about the SD group, rest of us were lunch meat. Often venues would be closed to us regular slubs for private Square Dance events. We now  avoid cruises that have any kind of large groups. 

3 hours ago, racephoto said:

I would not want to be on Divina the week after this cruise. Worried about the impact on the staff and crew of ship.🙄

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phissy said:

I would not want to be on Divina the week after this cruise. Worried about the impact on the staff and crew of ship.🙄

Agree. Although I assume the entire crew is vaccinated although I haven’t seen anything about that on their website. 

• Like 1