Covid19 PCR test for 9/26 sailing

irishgirl666

On 9/23/2021 at 7:19 AM, robinbtigger said:

Could you have waited to be tested today?  I don't think yesterday's test will count for NCL's help should you test positive at the port.

I is my understanding that you can get tested on Wednesday instead of Thursday so long as you leave a minimum of 24 hours to give the Bermuda government time to process the TA application.  They recommended Wednesday to ensure turnaround time but it says no more than 96 hours before arrival.

2 hours ago, goldmom said:

I, and many others, absolutely have it in writing that the Wednesday test for Bermuda will fill the 72 hour NCL requirement.  Hopefully they aren't now back pedaling!

I called NCL today after receiving the email and stated said I had seen other screenshots that said the Wednesday test would cover. She said if I didn’t have the test within 72 hours, we would have no coverage if we test positive at the pier.  Now I’m so nervous about it that I will book us tests for two days in a row. Ugh!

19 minutes ago, Mlake09 said:

I called NCL today after receiving the email and stated said I had seen other screenshots that said the Wednesday test would cover. She said if I didn’t have the test within 72 hours, we would have no coverage if we test positive at the pier.  Now I’m so nervous about it that I will book us tests for two days in a row. Ugh!

Well, it's too late for us! My husband ended up getting a rapid PCR test today because his CVS results were taking too long to come in, so he would be covered. But the last test my parents or I took was on Wednesday. Oh well. We do have travel insurance *and* we are driving to NYC, so hopefully we wouldn't have any/many expenses anyway.

On 9/23/2021 at 7:25 AM, snorklinbarb said:

This worked out great for me.  I'm on 9/26 Breakaway to Bermuda.  Had the test at 3:05 pm yesterday (no charge) and it was read at 3:00 am with an email sent to me!  Great way to wake up today and find it already there!

Tip: Sites are walkup but you can "preregister" online.  They say it doesn't make a difference - one long line.  However, they took me right in yesterday (about 75 people in line but I was at busy Times Square site)!  No wait and done in 5 minutes.  Very efficient.

They did take my insurance cards but assured me no charge to me.  I also brought photo ID and had my vaxx card along (but I didn't need it).

If you're not already on the My Chart system for NYC Health and Hospitals you can open an a/c.  Your results appear there as well as by email.

Now I'm all ready to upload my vaxx card and test results for the Bermuda Travel Authorization form.

Good luck!

https://www.nychealthandhospitals.org/covid-19-testing-sites/

Do you know if these sites will test you if you are not a NY resident? I have an 11 hour layover on my way to Athens for the NCL Jade next month. I arrive Thursday morning but won't be on the Jade until Sunday so any test I take at home will be longer than 72 hours. Also sailing out of Bayonne 3 weeks later on RCL and will need a test  48 hours in advance (staying in Manhattan 2 days prior). I would rather do the tests at one of these sites than the airport. Thanks for your response and have a great time in Bermuda.

12 hours ago, Mlake09 said:

Do you know who you spoke to?  Was it just a PCC?  The e-mail response I have is from Jonathan Rose on behalf of Katty Byrd, Vice President Guest Services and it specifically says, "We will honor the 96 hour time period for Bermuda sailings.  In the event there is a positive test at the port, to cover expenses not covered by travel insurance"  The e-mail is dated 9/10/21.  The e-mail address was vicepresidentguestservices@ncl.com.

We are also driving to the pier so don't anticipate any issues but I am bringing the e-mail with me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goldmom said:

Do you know who you spoke to?  Was it just a PCC?  The e-mail response I have is from Jonathan Rose on behalf of Katty Byrd, Vice President Guest Services and it specifically says, "We will honor the 96 hour time period for Bermuda sailings.  In the event there is a positive test at the port, to cover expenses not covered by travel insurance"  The e-mail is dated 9/10/21.  The e-mail address was vicepresidentguestservices@ncl.com.

We are also driving to the pier so don't anticipate any issues but I am bringing the e-mail with me.

Morning, I’d like to think that whatever the VP of guest services says is what they will stick to, so I will email them next. I don’t know who I spoke to- I just called the general number from the ap. My email is from a PCC.

9 minutes ago, Mlake09 said:

Morning, I’d like to think that whatever the VP of guest services says is what they will stick to, so I will email them next. I don’t know who I spoke to- I just called the general number from the ap. My email is from a PCC.

That's what I was thinking.  For the most part a PCC has no authority to change the "party line" and will just tell what is written down (and unfortunately often give incorrect or outdated information).  I have to think that the VP's office has more say-so than a PCC and I'm planning to accept their e-mail as the most current and correct information.  Hopefully, you'll get the same response and I'm sure it will put your mind at ease to have verification in writing (I know it did mine),

Good luck!

15 minutes ago, Mlake09 said:

PS- Just an FYI, you may not hear back until Monday.

• Like 1

I also asked specifically about the 96 hr Bermuda test being used for the 72 hr NCL one with concierge and they said it was fine. Though, I can see a bunch of people being denied because they didn't ask ahead of time. But yes, from what has been stated, if you get an email from concierge you should be fine. 🙂 Just get the email to cover your Buttocks. 😉 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SwimmingDragon said:

I also asked specifically about the 96 hr Bermuda test being used for the 72 hr NCL one with concierge and they said it was fine. Though, I can see a bunch of people being denied because they didn't ask ahead of time. But yes, from what has been stated, if you get an email from concierge you should be fine. 🙂 Just get the email to cover your Buttocks. 😉 

Replying to all to share that the VP of Guest Services wrote me back and said the 96 hour will suffice for Bermuda guests only! Of course, that’s after we chatted with a PCC and also called another one earlier today and received the opposite info! Breathing a big sigh of relief and also printing multiple copies of that email! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mlake09 said:

Replying to all to share that the VP of Guest Services wrote me back and said the 96 hour will suffice for Bermuda guests only! Of course, that’s after we chatted with a PCC and also called another one earlier today and received the opposite info! Breathing a big sigh of relief and also printing multiple copies of that email! 

That was the answer I expected you to get.  Glad you heard back and now have written confirmation.

21 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Do you know if these sites will test you if you are not a NY resident? I have an 11 hour layover on my way to Athens for the NCL Jade next month. I arrive Thursday morning but won't be on the Jade until Sunday so any test I take at home will be longer than 72 hours. Also sailing out of Bayonne 3 weeks later on RCL and will need a test  48 hours in advance (staying in Manhattan 2 days prior). I would rather do the tests at one of these sites than the airport. Thanks for your response and have a great time in Bermuda.

Sorry, I don't know NYC Health and Hospital's requirements.

There are also quite a few mobile pop ups around the city and there were tourists asking if they were doing rapid antigen tests (answer was no at the particular one I passed by,, but they were doing rapid PCR).  But these mobile units,, unless run by the city, are rather random and we've just happened by them in our jaunts around Manhattan.

I have seen a few signs on mobile units that seem to be doing both PCR and rapid antigen.  Sorry can't help further.  They do ask for photo ID and that could be a passport I suppose so maybe residency not required, just don't know.