Orange night

Papadog

43 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

IIRC, Orange Night was only on cruises longer than 7 nights, and as no cruise is longer than 7 nights right now...

I’m on the TA on the new Rotterdam, so it is definitely longer than 7 days, it’s 14 nights.

In March 2019 I was on a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise on the NA, and in Nov 2019 another 7-day MR cruise on the Eurodam. Both had an Orange Night in BB Kings. 
My Sept Alaska cruise this year on the NA did not have an Orange Night. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

The TA from Europe to the USA on the Rotterdam has been cancelled, the ship is coming over empty..

The folks on the Rotterdam TA Roll Call sure haven’t been told that. Where did you hear that? The Roll Call is going strong as I just checked.

Just now, aliaschief said:

If the Captain is correct it’s a shame to Hal’s  communication throughout this pandemic. We’ve learned of changes here on CC, FB before officially being informed by Hal.

I heard it 2 hours ago, some friends were on it and booked one later in the caribbean. So I will double check..

4 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

I heard it 2 hours ago, some friends were on it and booked one later in the caribbean. So I will double check..

Thanks! We were originally booked for some back to backs plus the TA on the new Rotterdam and had to cancel as it didn’t match up with our 14 day private tour of Outer Hebrides. The Roll Call is probably one of the largest in CC history. I would feel really bad for those folks still looking forward to this cruise. They have been steadfast through hundreds of hurdles.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Thanks! We were originally booked for some back to backs plus the TA on the new Rotterdam and had to cancel as it didn’t match up with our 14 day private tour of Outer Hebrides. The Roll Call is probably one of the largest in CC history. I would feel really bad for those folks still looking forward to this cruise. They have been steadfast through hundreds of hurdles.

I saw that, I got two messages out, wait now for an answer.

48 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

HAL is doing longer cruises in Europe right now? Must have missed them...

Oh absolutely - I have been copying and pasting Rich’s posts from FB who has been on the Eurodam for several weeks on the passenger on Eurodam thread.

1 hour ago, Sir PMP said:

The TA from Europe to the USA on the Rotterdam has been cancelled, the ship is coming over empty..

My TA has been wondering and guessing for some time if all of the TA’s will be sailing empty due to the CDC rules about ships needing to sail empty for 14 days if they are re-entering the U.S. for the first time.

I guess only time will tell.  All the Canadians were cancelled on our TA due to U.S. regulations for re-entry (along with any other non U.S. citizens/permanent resident). There was a lot of disappointment believe me after all the itinerary & ship changes that had happened.  Our roll call jumped through a lot of hurdles and stuck by.

I feel for all those planning on the TA’s if this does happen 😔 

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

Oh absolutely - I have been copying and pasting Rich’s posts from FB who has been on the Eurodam for several weeks on the passenger on Eurodam thread.

But those are B2B 7 days cruises...best I can tell. No single cruise is greater than 7 days, correct?

1 hour ago, Sir PMP said:

The Rotterdam TA has not been cancelled, we just received our boarding time, and I know someone who booked yesterday

please don’t going spreading incorrect information

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

But those are B2B 7 days cruises...best I can tell. No single cruise is greater than 7 days, correct?

No, they are not.  And BTW, B2B’s are not permitted on U.S. sailings.  Europe sailings have been 7 days, 14 and more.

I can’t go back in time on the HAL website but here is a sailing coming up in Europe - 27 days.  

0A483878-D3C6-4073-9268-BC750AC38B3D.thumb.png.f7659874af4d19fa1baa5b3a20f4e697.png

32E48A54-463D-47A8-B12E-08D75DE19690.thumb.jpeg.f508d5c3abf3b991a9ac91429e722af7.jpeg

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

No, they are not.  And BTW, B2B’s are not permitted on U.S. sailings.  Europe sailings have been 7 days, 14 and more.

I can’t go back in time on the HAL website but here is a sailing coming up in Europe - 27 days.  

0A483878-D3C6-4073-9268-BC750AC38B3D.thumb.png.f7659874af4d19fa1baa5b3a20f4e697.png

32E48A54-463D-47A8-B12E-08D75DE19690.thumb.jpeg.f508d5c3abf3b991a9ac91429e722af7.jpeg

The posts I was just reading about the Eurodam were 7 day cruises according to the FB posts you cut and pasted. The one you cite now is a transatlantic after the 7 day restriction ends.

My point initially was that I didn't recall Orange Night being on 7 day cruises, thus the OP wasn't  going to find out anything about Orange Night, at least not until longer cruises are actually being sailed. I guess I am wrong about Orange Night and 7 day cruises. But I still am not seeing any evidence of HAL sailing cruises longer than 7 days, yet.

As to B2Bs, I agree they are not currently allowed in the US, but are allowed in Europe. A B2B is not a 14 day cruise, its two 7 day cruises. Or, is HAL selling Collector's Cruises in Europe....2 or more 7 day cruises on one booking number?

8 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

The posts I was just reading about the Eurodam were 7 day cruises according to the FB posts you cut and pasted. The one you cite now is a transatlantic after the 7 day restriction ends.

Just because he is on turnaround days doesn’t mean he is on a B2B.

My friends are going on a 14 day when the TA got axed.  That starts early October as they get off when the TA starts.

Collectors cruises have been ongoing on the European sailings.

It’s even apparent on the Future Cruise Listing.  Take a peak - there isn’t a 7 day listing on the list.  the 7 day listings are U.S. sailings and the collectors cruises have been available for Europe sailings since day one.

The restriction doesn’t apply to Europe.  They have their own protocols 😉 

8 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

As to B2Bs, I agree they are not currently allowed in the US, but are allowed in Europe. A B2B is not a 14 day cruise, its two 7 day cruises. Or, is HAL selling Collector's Cruises in Europe....2 or more 7 day cruises on one booking number?

I am fully aware of the difference between a B2B and a Collectors’ cruise, thank you very much.  People can book them either way too FYI.  

HAL is selling Collectors’ cruises in Europe.  Period. Have been from day 1 since cruising re-started. It’s a different kettle of fish in Europe with testing a the pier, testing on board, etc.

9 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

IIRC, Orange Night was only on cruises longer than 7 nights, and as no cruise is longer than 7 nights right now...

Except for the one some of us are about to get on this Saturday, 21 days from Sea and 17 days from San Diego, plus the upcoming TA that one of the HAL ships is doing.

• Like 2