Recent guarantee cabin experience

Hello! Wondering what peoples experience has been lately with guarantee cabins and when they are assigned. Anxiously awaiting my cruise on serenade that leaves in 3 weeks. I know it could be assigned at any point but just curious if it’s been more common to be assigned at the very last minute lately?

Also, Royal up doesn’t appear available for my sailing. Not sure why. 

Have only done a guarantee once before and it was assigned very quickly after booking but that may have just been lucky?

Thanks! 

Just now, Notaworryintheworld said:

Have only done a guarantee once before and it was assigned very quickly after booking but that may have just been lucky?

Even before the COVID shutdown, GTY assignments have been coming fairly close to sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Notaworryintheworld said:

Hello! Wondering what peoples experience has been lately with guarantee cabins and when they are assigned. Anxiously awaiting my cruise on serenade that leaves in 3 weeks. I know it could be assigned at any point but just curious if it’s been more common to be assigned at the very last minute lately?

Also, Royal up doesn’t appear available for my sailing. Not sure why. 

Thanks! 

Did you try this link?  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

44 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I’ve just used the link to check for upgrades on my upcoming Anthem cruise. Is it usual for the slider to start at £0? Whenever I’ve received RoyalUp emails, there’s always been a minimum bid figure.

14 minutes ago, Notaworryintheworld said:

Yep and it says to enter a valid name and number. But I copied straight from my reservation number. I saw somewhere else that others on my sailing couldn’t either. 

Same thing happened on my last cruise. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BeagleAgility said:

Just a little trick.  If you have a scan code on your documents - scan it using something like QR Reader.  Your room number will be a part of that code.

I was intrigued about this so I downloaded a (free) QR Reader app. Yes it works! My cabin number, which I already knew, showed up in the text on the app. What a neat trick 😁

• Like 1