Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2021-22

bluemarble

Hello ‘bluemarble’, 

I am sailing on M205G, the ‘back end’ of the QM2’s short round trip to Hamburg next month. I can therefore plug a gap for you, although I’m not sure it’s much help! I have the following information given:

Feb 13th - Embarkation Day, Smart Attire

Feb 14th - At Sea, Gala Evening (no theme listed).

I can also see Feb 12th in ‘My Cunard’ as that is the day we have flights booked to connect with embarkation the following day. That is also listed as ‘Gala Evening’ with no specific theme, which you have already on your tracker. 

Given the timeframe (less that three weeks to go!), I’ll be interested to see if a theme is added for the 14th closer to the departure. But I suspect as it’s Valentine’s Day the theme may well be ‘just don’t clash with the heart balloons’ or whatever Cunard put up.

If any members who have previously sailed over a Valentine’s gala evening can enlighten (warn?) me as to what to expect based on prior sailings, I’d be grateful - I’m in Queen’s Grill should that matter.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the update, @Jonem2001. All contributions, even small ones, are much appreciated.

During past years, Valentine's Day has usually been during world or exotic voyages. On past dress code schedules I have, sometimes it has been observed with a Valentine's Ball theme. Don't know if they would try that theme on your cruise since it's not part of a world or exotic voyage this year. If they do, that theme has been easy to comply with. The description I have for the Valentine's Ball theme is the same as a regular Gala Evening with this one addition: "Attire should include a piece of red clothing".

Since we've started a new browser page, I'll repeat the links to the master dress code and theme schedules here for easy access.

QM2:  QM2 2021-22 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

QE:  QE 2021-22 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

Thank you, Blue Marble.  We are on the Feb. 15-22 crossing on the QM2.  As of today, the Feb. 20 formal night does not show a theme on mycunard.com.  It only shows "gala evening".  Feb. 15 still shows "Black and White".

• Thanks 1

Hi again @bluemarble,

I should have also added this when I gave you the QM2 details for February, but I’m also on the QE on Q209P to Amsterdam starting March 30th. The only gala night on that cruise is April 1st, with a ‘Black and White’ theme. The two nights either side are ‘Smart Attire’.

Your hard work on these lists, and your feedback on what is likely or not, is hugely appreciated!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be in QE in May, ad for the night of 20th there's no theme schedulled for the gala. Do I have to expect an update, or is it possible to have an unthemed gala evening?

Looking at the schedule that has been posting... maybe it will become a b&w night??

Thanks for the help!!!

1 hour ago, Nu327 said:

I'll be in QE in May, ad for the night of 20th there's no theme schedulled for the gala. Do I have to expect an update, or is it possible to have an unthemed gala evening?

Looking at the schedule that has been posting... maybe it will become a b&w night??

Thanks for the help!!!

There are unthemed Gala Evenings. In prior years when there were three Gala Evenings on each 7-night QM2 crossing, the middle one was unthemed. That said, the rotation of themes for the May 2022 QE cruise would indeed tend to indicate the Gala Evening on May 20th ought to have a Black and White theme rather than having no theme.

The dress code schedules do sometimes change once on board and they are occasionally updated beforehand in "My Cunard". For now though, what "My Cunard" shows in the day-by-day calendar section for your voyage is the authority.

If you see something different in "My Cunard" compared to the dress code/theme schedules I've posted here on this thread, please do let me know. I have no way of seeing for myself what "My Cunard" shows. Hence the gaps in the schedules for some of the voyages for which I have not yet received reports from anyone on those voyages.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 9:08 AM, Electra 7 said:

Hi I take it no one knows the dress code for 15th April Queen Elizabeth

I forgot to follow up on this. About 10 days ago I learned about the dress code/theme schedule for the April 15th QE departure from that voyage's roll call. At that time I added it to the master schedule found on this thread. I also learned the previously scheduled call at Genoa on that cruise has been changed to La Spezia.

19 hours ago, bluemarble said:

There are unthemed Gala Evenings. In prior years when there were three Gala Evenings on each 7-night QM2 crossing, the middle one was unthemed. That said, the rotation of themes for the May 2022 QE cruise would indeed tend to indicate the Gala Evening on May 20th ought to have a Black and White theme rather than having no theme.

The dress code schedules do sometimes change once on board and they are occasionally updated beforehand in "My Cunard". For now though, what "My Cunard" shows in the day-by-day calendar section for your voyage is the authority.

If you see something different in "My Cunard" compared to the dress code/theme schedules I've posted here on this thread, please do let me know. I have no way of seeing for myself what "My Cunard" shows. Hence the gaps in the schedules for some of the voyages for which I have not yet received reports from anyone on those voyages.

Many thanks!! No changes in "My Cunard" for the rest of the galas scheduled.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

Any newson QV?

I haven't heard anything yet about the dress code and theme schedule for QV. With QV's restart just over two month's away, it would seem plausible that Cunard might have started publishing the schedules in "My Cunard" for those booked on QV voyages.

How about it? Is anyone booked on a QV voyage seeing the dress code and theme schedule listed in your day-by-day calendar section of "My Cunard"?

If so, please post here the dates of your voyage, which dates are going to be Gala Evenings, and what the themes (if any) will be on those Gala Evenings.

I'll be glad to start compiling a master dress code/theme schedule for QV and post it here once I learn of any of the details from those of you on QV voyages.

36 minutes ago, techteach said:

@bluemarble My calendar is not showing any dress code for any night. It was there previously, but now all days are blank. Anyone else having this issue? (ipad using Safari)

We've had reports here and on other threads of the dress code schedules disappearing for those using the Edge browser and possibly Safari as well. When those users switched to Chrome, the schedules reappeared. If you have a way to try the Chrome browser, that might help to determine if you're running into a browser compatibility issue.

2 hours ago, D&N said:

Daily calendar not been showing anything for a few days. Weekly/Monthly doesn't show gala nights. Normally use Chrome, but same on Edge & Firefox.

At the moment, I can't even get the (formerly default) day-by-day view to come up. Only the weekly and monthly. (Brave browser = Chrome) FWIW

• Like 1

It is amazing how they have managed to take their IT systems backwards instead of forwards. I didn't think they could manage it but they have. I am positive the daily calendar still works on some browser/version combination but the question is which one? Only the tester/developer will probably know.

On 2/16/2022 at 12:03 AM, bluemarble said:

I haven't heard anything yet about the dress code and theme schedule for QV. With QV's restart just over two month's away, it would seem plausible that Cunard might have started publishing the schedules in "My Cunard" for those booked on QV voyages.

How about it? Is anyone booked on a QV voyage seeing the dress code and theme schedule listed in your day-by-day calendar section of "My Cunard"?

If so, please post here the dates of your voyage, which dates are going to be Gala Evenings, and what the themes (if any) will be on those Gala Evenings.

I'll be glad to start compiling a master dress code/theme schedule for QV and post it here once I learn of any of the details from those of you on QV voyages.

I have just checked our QV  The Fjords, 7 nights.

03 Jul - 10 Jul 2022  Nothing showing yet. I will let you know as soon as something changes. 

Now that I actually have an active Cunard booking for 2022, it's disappointing to see what others have reported here. The daily calendar functionality, where the dress codes and themes are listed, seems to have gone missing.

For a reminder, here is the helpful image @techteach provided back in September on another thread showing what the daily calendar is supposed to look like, with the dress code and theme indicated there.

D35BA074-213E-404A-976C-44E5E0B60D2C.png

Now this is what I'm seeing today for what is supposed to be the daily calendar for our voyage. I've tried four different combinations of browsers and platforms always with the same result. Apparently there's no working day-by-day calendar functionality at the moment.

297777755_MyCunardDayCalendarBroken.thumb.png.b0407a9b152aa7d6f9324a9bcdb540cd.png

Here's hoping this issue is resolved or else this project of mine to further document the dress code/theme schedules will be at a standstill.

• Like 3

We were on a crossing from Southampton to Philadelphia, Pa. in 1982 for a special celebration on the QE2. We were formal every evening. I had two pieces of luggage and one piece was lost, and contained my formalwear.  My husband had no problem. Fortunately, it was found and delivered to the Bristol Hotel 2 days before we had to leave for the ship. 

Just been on my Cunard to see if anything changed as i had a word with @molecrochipand he seems to have the ear of the powers that be!!

Nothing has changed re dress guidance but amazingly enough i can book excursions for my August cruise!! Go figure. 

I also checked out the Spa and hair salon situation (all currently book onboard) but until i know which day formal nights are i cant make any plans. I'm a big planner and like to be prepared 😅

Good news! The daily calendar functionality in My Cunard appears to have been corrected. Here is what mine looks like today with the dress codes and themes indicated.

1914695110_MyCunardDayCalendarCorrected.thumb.png.4c11f86af28f9ae269c0b6f97db8e5ca.png

Is anyone on a QV voyage seeing dress codes and themes in My Cunard now? If so, please post what you are seeing and I'll start compiling a master schedule for QV.

If anyone is on QM2 or QE voyages I haven't documented yet, please let me know what you are seeing for those voyages as well and I'll update those schedules.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1