Live Help With MedallionClass App

hpeabody

Has anyone else encountered this?  I called to get assistance with the wonderful MedallionClass App this morning.  The phone number I have 844 525-0942 now answers with a recording that says "You have reached a Princess Cruises phone number that is no longer in service"  I called the regular number and there is a prompt for Navigator assistance, but that is just a long recording like FAQs at the end it just disconnects with no live help option.  Does anyone have a new phone number to get live help with the app.  The regular sales people are not App experts.  It says they offer chat, but I do not use a phone for everything, I prefer to use a PC and there is no live chat on the Princess website on my PC.  I have found the email mentioned for Navigator is not responded to.   

• Thanks 1

I sent an email in to Ocean Navigator.  

A360ad7@carnival.com

It took a few days, but they did respond.  I just happened to be on my computer when the email came in.  I immediately sent a response.  This sort of turned into a chat format.  They were able to fix all of the problems I had addressed in the email.  Plus a few.

Good luck.  I am surprised that Ocean Medallion 844 is no longer working.  They are only available Monday through Friday until 5 PM PDT.  Often times, you will have to call 800 Princess and they will message Ocean Navigator.  I know, a pain and time consuming.

Good Luck.

• 7 months later...

Thank you for the info. I have been trying to find out how to get help for the app and the Princess website for a while now. At this point, I will just settle for a valid feedback channel - if anyone knows of one. Calling their number only results in a minimum 40 minute wait time. Each time they try to transfer me to the app agents, we get dropped - usually right around the 1 hour total wait time. This has happened so many times and combined with the total disaster of the medallion class app (I didn't know I had to take out vacation time just to figure out their systems and trouble-shoot) and the non-family-friendly website, I am so frustrated, I feel like canceling our 10 day Alaskan cruise. If anyone knows of a good feedback channel and/or how to get an actual knowledgeable agent for Princess Cruises, please share. Thank you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MiniTitan said:

Thank you for the info. I have been trying to find out how to get help for the app and the Princess website for a while now. At this point, I will just settle for a valid feedback channel - if anyone knows of one. Calling their number only results in a minimum 40 minute wait time. Each time they try to transfer me to the app agents, we get dropped - usually right around the 1 hour total wait time. This has happened so many times and combined with the total disaster of the medallion class app (I didn't know I had to take out vacation time just to figure out their systems and trouble-shoot) and the non-family-friendly website, I am so frustrated, I feel like canceling our 10 day Alaskan cruise. If anyone knows of a good feedback channel and/or how to get an actual knowledgeable agent for Princess Cruises, please share. Thank you!

There should be no need for a transfer.  If you listen to the phone tree options when calling 1.800.PRINCES, you will find that there is a specific option chain for MC App assistance.  That path should get you to a rep who can assist (at least to the extent of their particular knowledge and limited if any system bug prevents an immediate fix).

7 minutes ago, MiniTitan said:

That option does not exist. Thank you for trying though.

Not true.  You have no profile info with your handle, so I don't know where you are located.  If you are in North America, then call 1.800.PRINCES.

Choose Option 2 (existing booking).

Then Option 1 for Assistance with OCEAN Ready and DMW.

Then, listen to the prompts as they have further defined the cases (e.g. If you can login, hit ; if you can see your booking, hit 1 again, etc).

Thank you!! They actually were not able to make the full change, only the name extension  (eg Will to William) - but they were able to get him Ocean Ready so he can board with the rest of the party. Wow - so many hoops. This is our first time with Princess Cruises. This was only one of MANY app and website issues we have encountered - many of which are still unresolved. I sure hope the cruise is better than the pre-cruise experience. 

5 hours ago, MiniTitan said:

Thank you!! They actually were not able to make the full change, only the name extension  (eg Will to William) - but they were able to get him Ocean Ready so he can board with the rest of the party. Wow - so many hoops. This is our first time with Princess Cruises. This was only one of MANY app and website issues we have encountered - many of which are still unresolved. I sure hope the cruise is better than the pre-cruise experience. 

Welcome to cruise critic.  Since this is your first princess cruise, if anyone in your party is a veteran, be sure to get the military benefits.  https://www.princess.com/military_benefit_program/

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Then, listen to the prompts as they have further defined the cases (e.g. If you can login, hit ; if you can see your booking, hit 1 again, etc).

That is actually sort of sad ... that a product would have so many known failure modes

that they have prompts to direct you.

Another success story for the developers!

• Like 2