Would you...

NC_Cruiser

give up an E1 balcony cabin for 2 connecting oceanview cabins when travelling with your kids?

We have 8102 hump cabin booked with the larger balcony on the Radiance. We can move to 4038 & 4040 connecting oceanview cabins. Our kids are 6 & 9.

We hate to give up a balcony but are afraid it is going to be really tight in 8102 with the four of us. Love the idea of a hump cabin with a larger balcony for Caribbean cruising but connecting cabins give us more space, storage, extra bathroom and some privacy (for those of you following that other thread!!!).

What would you do???

NC_Cruiser

I would say given the circumstances, go for the 2 adjoining oceanview. Your kids can have a room to be a little loud and silly while you 2 can have some time together at nite. In the end I think it will benefit both more then the balcony.

give up an E1 balcony cabin for 2 connecting oceanview cabins when travelling with your kids?

We have 8102 hump cabin booked with the larger balcony on the Radiance. We can move to 4038 & 4040 connecting oceanview cabins. Our kids are 6 & 9.

We hate to give up a balcony but are afraid it is going to be really tight in 8102 with the four of us. Love the idea of a hump cabin with a larger balcony for Caribbean cruising but connecting cabins give us more space, storage, extra bathroom and some privacy (for those of you following that other thread!!!).

What would you do???

NC_Cruiser

Switch.

I'm booked on Rhapsody in August with my two kids. Could have gotten a suite for the four of us. Decided to go with two ocean views, not adjoining but next door. I'm not a huge balcony person myself...like them, don't need them. Would rather enjoy the pleasures of...um...kitchen implements (if you've been reading the other thread, you'll know what I mean!).

LeeAnne

Hi

We recently travelled in a mini suite on NCL Dawn, 4 of us in a room with double bed and pull of settee bed. Balcony made our holiday, watching the ship sail into port and out etc...It is personal preference, but, i would rather be higher than the water..

Friends recently sailed on deck 5 and loved the size of the room but had curtains closed most of the time as the view of the water was too much!

Go for 2 adjoining rooms - 4 in one room is not a vacation in my book. When they are a little older, the accross the hall inside is a great option - that is what we are doing on our upcoming trip!

Also price out the options that have a separate (albeit tiny) bedroom. Varies by ship of course, but since 3rd and 4th pax price out cheaper this could be a better value.

Definitely two connecting rooms. We cruise with our boys (5&6) and either have a (lg) suite or two smaller connecting rooms. Can't tell you any more from experience but I don't think we'd attempt the four of us in an E1 (do love the balcony though!). Our upcoming cruise will be our first without a balcony but we've booked PR cabins and are looking forward to it. Two oceanviews sounds good to me!

Thank you so much for all of your opinions!!!

Based on the overwhelming feedback, we went ahead and switched to 2

connecting oceanview cabins. They are too young (6&9) for us to feel comfortable with them across the hall - connecting was the only option for right now. All connecting balcony rooms are sold out, so oceanview it is.

We will miss the balcony but hopefully will have more sanity!

Thanks again for all your help -

:) NC_Cruiser

I think you will be surprised by how much you don't miss it. With the kids you will be busier than without them so you might not have time to lounge around on your balconey with coffee (what I do). You will have some great rest and a door and a room with the Cartoon Network that is not yours!

Archived