Final payment date extensions

11 minutes ago, luvmaine said:

I paid in July because I did not know about the extension and if I canceled before September 15, I could have received a refund rather than FCC.

Thank you for all your remarks. I guess I will have to continue to pursue the "notification date".

The notification was done after July. So you did have to make final payment. They did not notify anyone before September. We are cruising in November and had to make our final payment in August then a month later they extended to 30 days. That extension didn't help anyone booked in October, November, or the first half of December because everyone was past final payment date. It only helped those who sail date was the last two weeks of December or those making new bookings. Those already booked and paid were not helped by the extension.

1 hour ago, luvmaine said:

Our sailing is this month. Final payment was due in July. If it was extended to September, we weren't advised.

TA says they never received extension notice that covered Oct to Dec sailings. 

I am not looking for an argument,  just information. If someone has an RC email that would be great. 

Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

WHAT IS YOUR SAILING DATE?

Their sailing is October  They are not grasping the fact that this announcement really meant NOTHING in regards to any October cruises

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Their sailing is October  They are not grasping the fact that this announcement really meant NOTHING in regards to any October cruises

Correct.  I'm just trying to add more "proof" that it didn't affect them.  If their sail date is prior to Oct 15, the "new" final payment date would have been prior to the announcement anyway.

Regardless, as has been previously stated, once final payment is made, the payment is final; they aren't going to refund unless you cancel prior to the new final payment date.

Edited by Another_Critic

19 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

WHAT IS YOUR SAILING DATE?

P.S.  Why did you bother posting if you won't believe our consistent responses??????  Once again, the notification date WAS Sept, 

Sorry my question upset you.  As noted, the RC blog indicated that there had been a notice to the agencies not directly to clients. I am trying to find out when.

1 minute ago, luvmaine said:

Sorry my question upset you.  As noted, the RC blog indicated that there had been a notice to the agencies not directly to clients. I am trying to find out when.

Your question was legitimate.  Your disregarding the responses is the annoying part.  The date was Sept. 15, 2021.  And this date was confirmed by my TA.

And once again, what is the point of your post?  Are you trying to get a refund?  In order for us to help, you need to give us ALL the details, including the exact sailing date AND the reason why you are pursuing the date.

1 hour ago, luvmaine said:

I paid in July because I did not know about the extension and if I canceled before September 15, I could have received a refund rather than FCC.

Thank you for all your remarks. I guess I will have to continue to pursue the "notification date".

You didn't know about the extension in July because it didn't exist then and if you cancelled before September 15, would not have received a refund. This extension pretty much was a PR gesture for New Bookings for sailings after October 15 through December 31. You are wanting to go to the future to apply a 'good faith gesture' by RCCL to your final payment. 

just because you want it so does not make it so

Edited by palmettostatecruiser
Spelling
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, palmettostatecruiser said:

You didn't know about the extension in July because it didn't exist then and if you cancelled before September 15, would not have received a refund. This extension pretty much was a PR gesture for New Bookings for sailings after October 15 through December 31. You are wanting to go to the future to apply a 'good faith gesture' by RCCL to your final payment. 

just because you want it so does not make it so

But ... what was the date of the announcement?  😜

• Haha 4

On 10/5/2021 at 2:00 PM, luvmaine said:

I apologize if I offended you.  Like I said, your question was legitimate.  Your reaction / rejection of the responses was not what I (we) expected.  We are here to help those that are willing to "work with us".

Did you get confirmation of the announcement date?

20 minutes ago, MikeBayAreaCa said:

Our final payment date for our February 21st cruise on the Navigator was moved from November 13 to January 21.  I saw it when I checked my balance this morning.

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Hmm, I just checked my March 25th cruise and it now has final payment due Feb 23rd.

My May 2nd cruise is still due on Feb 1st ... 90 days out. 

So, it looks like they've pushed final payment to 30 days at least thru March.  YMMV.

my end of February cruise is still due 90 days out.  Hope it changes before November payment is due.