Final payment date extensions

47 minutes ago, luvmaine said:

No, it wasn't.  I need to know the date when Royal Caribbean advised the TAs that the extensions were being offered for the Oct to Dec sailings.

deleted

Edited by coaster
our Jan cruise is different

34 minutes ago, luvmaine said:

No, it wasn't.  I need to know the date when Royal Caribbean advised the TAs that the extensions were being offered for the Oct to Dec sailings.

Yes, it was --> Sept 15th.  I can confirm that is the correct date as I received an email from RCI.

If you don't want to accept that answer, ask your TA.  If you don't have a TA, you're on your own if you are going to ignore correct responses.

• Like 3

Our sailing is this month. Final payment was due in July. If it was extended to September, we weren't advised.

TA says they never received extension notice that covered Oct to Dec sailings. 

I am not looking for an argument,  just information. If someone has an RC email that would be great. 

Thank you. 

1 minute ago, luvmaine said:

If someone has an RC email that would be great. 

None of that will help you. The issue is between you and the TA. Due to the timing of the announcement of the movement of final payment to 30 days, it only affected folks with sailings in late December (or folks making new bookings). Everyone else before that had to make final payment at the regular time.

• Like 1

Just now, luvmaine said:

Our sailing is this month. Final payment was due in July. If it was extended to September, we weren't advised.

If you've advised your TA that you're aware of the extension to final payments, why doesn't the TA contact RC to verify this? Seems pretty simple to do as I'm sure other clients gave same situation. 

Will look thru my emails but I delete those pretty quickly that no longer pertain, OBE (overcome by events), etc.

Did you check RC website?

4 minutes ago, luvmaine said:

I am not looking for an argument,  just information. If someone has an RC email that would be great. 

Thank you. 

In September,  after your final payment was due, the 30 day payment went into effect.   Basically it affected December and January sailings.  Your July payment wasn't affected if it was for an October cruise.  I didn't get an email.   Saw it posted here and contacted our ta.  It impacted our December 30th and January 9th sailings.

• Like 1

Just now, njkruzer said:

In September,  after your final payment was due, the 30 day payment went into effect.   Basically it affected December and January sailings.  Your July payment wasn't affected if it was for an October cruise.  I didn't get an email.   Saw it posted here and contacted our ta.  It impacted our December 30th and January 9th sailings.

Agree. The email was Sep 15th, several days after I made final payment on my late Nov and early Dec cruises. The extended date impacted our Dec 31st and Jan/Feb payments due.

This was part of the RC blog

This comes just a few weeks after Royal Caribbean pushed back final payment due date on sailings departing between October 1, 2021, through December 31, 2021 to 30 days prior to sailing.

No action is required on the part of guests or travel agents, and no cancellations will occur until the new final payment

33 minutes ago, luvmaine said:

Thank you. 

What is the point of your post?  Your saying it was extended to September ... well, it's now October.

BTW, once you make final payment, it's final.  However, you can still get "cash" price adjustments, cancel, etc. up until the actual final payment date.

• Like 1

This was part of the RC blog

This comes just a few weeks after Royal Caribbean pushed back final payment due date on sailings departing between October 1, 2021, through December 31, 2021 to 30 days prior to sailing.

No action is required on the part of guests or travel agents, and no cancellations will occur until the new final payment

What is your sailing date?

And, did you make the final payment in July?

Edited by Another_Critic

I paid in July because I did not know about the extension and if I canceled before September 15, I could have received a refund rather than FCC.

Thank you for all your remarks. I guess I will have to continue to pursue the "notification date".

I paid in July because I did not know about the extension and if I canceled before September 15, I could have received a refund rather than FCC.

Thank you for all your remarks. I guess I will have to continue to pursue the "notification date".

As far as we all know the date was September 15th.  If you have an October cruise not sure how this would've affected you. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, luvmaine said:

The 30 day cut off date was announced months AFTER your final payment for your October cruise was due.  If would not have affected your sailing.  Like others have said it only affected new bookings and sailings late in December

11 minutes ago, luvmaine said:

WHAT IS YOUR SAILING DATE?

P.S.  Why did you bother posting if you won't believe our consistent responses??????  Once again, the notification date WAS Sept, 15, 2021.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1