Need pictures Zuiderdam J 1043, 1059

cruisedeckplans.com is outstanding for learning everything about the ships and has photos of a lot of the cabins, submitted by cruisers. It's user friendly and you can use it free, or buy a really inexpensive lifetime membership, which offers more information. I don't know what I would have done without it these past 15 years. Good luck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

We need pictures on the Zuiderdam of cabins J 1043 and J 1059  the cabin and the desk area

thanks.

Marty 

martygottlieb13@gmail.com

There is a you tube video of 1043 - https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjt15LG37XzAhXSY98KHTnoCJgQtwJ6BAgTEAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D315ZIOzPeDw&usg=AOvVaw3AAZPHeMopve1rNYt2OBtn

I was in 1049.  Loved it, especially as a solo.  Felt like it was much more spacious that other insides, but probably is the same square footage.

I upgraded myself on my upcoming Eurodam w/Club Orange just so I could pick the same cabin.  I realize the ship layout is very slightly different, but figure I probably won't notice it.  I did hear just some slight noise from the BB Kings band one night (one of the rare nights I wasn't in the club until they finished), but it wasn't enough to keep me awake.

I have pics but not on this computer.  

Cruisedeckplans pics are supposed to be for members only, but if you Google for them, you can get to the link.  Try this...

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/stateroom-details.php?ship=Zuiderdam&cabin=1049

I have been in most of the inside cabins along that passageway on the Vista and Signature ships. They are the best insides on the ship, and larger than almost every other one. (There are a few I-cabins on one upper deck.)

The bed faces the desk area, with a large space between the foot of the bed and the desk; that is where I usually park my scooter, and there is still plenty of room to pass to the closets, pull the desk chair out, etc.
(The connecting cabins have the bed turned 90º, with the head of the bed backed up to the bathroom, which is toward the passageway.) 
There are two full closets, and one lower half closet, with shelving in the higher portion. 

When the small TV was removed from the shelf, and a larger TV mounted on the wall, alongside the desk, the shelf was left there, along with the electrical outlets. Plenty of outlets now, and a place to put the things being charged! 

I found the cabins quiet, as the BB King bandstand is over the portside cabins, not the starboard side. Friends in a portside cabin were miserable from the noise. 

• Like 2

Look at halfacts.  Zuiderdam  1116

It's in a different location, but one of the big square cabins, so I assume it will be the same. Loved the size, and placement of the cupboards.

• Like 1

Even though 1049 is starboard, I did still hear some noise, probably because I was closer to the club entrance from the hall.  Like I said, it wasn't enough to bother me but anyone who takes the time to look at deck plans (I love Cruisedeckplans dot com's "deck drag" feature) and knows that the band plays in that venue, would be wise to avoid portside cabins, unless they're night people.

When I told my PCC that I wanted Club Orange and a J cabin, he also reminded me that the portside cabins could be noisy.  Since I do my homework, I knew that, but it's good that they inform people. 

I have 1069 in December on NA.  We'll see if there's any difference due to location.

Found a couple of pics of 1049 that I'd posted elsewhere.

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

10 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Any one have 1025 pictures??

All the insides on Main Deck are the same, except for direction the bed is facing (which you can determine based on connecting or not), and which side the bathroom is on. 
The pictures you have seen or been directed to are no different, except for the picture on the walls. 

You walk in the door, which is pretty much half-way along the corridor; the bathroom is on one side, and the arm of the couch is on the other. The couch curves slightly at the corner, and then the desk begins. Next to the desk are the closets; across from the desk is the bed. There is an aisle and a nightstand on each side of the bed. 
If it's a connecting cabin, the head of the bed is against the bathroom wall. The connecting door is on the side of the bed, at the foot. 

The above is true on all the Vista and Signature class ships. 

• Thanks 1

Marty and Gail. 1063 connects to 1059. Probably a mirror image of 1059. There could be noise leaking through connecting doors from your neighbors. Other than that, it is a great stateroom. Larger space than Verandas. https://halfacts.com/1063-zuiderdam/

1043 is a quad. This is what a quad looks like. Same room as 1063, but with a pull down bed. It is on the Westerdam, but staterooms are the same. https://halfacts.com/1031-westerdam/ 

if you are heavy sleepers, any of the J Cabins will be fine. But if you are concerned about noise, make sure your stateroom isn’t under BB King (port side). Starboard side you might have piano music from Billboard. Not sure how much noise from them would be annoying.

Don’t chose a J on any other level as the rooms are much smaller than those insides on the Zaandam. We sailed in one of the J Staterooms several times. You will be spoiled in one of these staterooms. So just find one that isn’t under BB King. See you on the Zuiderdam for the World. Will miss you on the Panama Canal as we are only doing it one way.

13 minutes ago, Storylady said:

Marty and Gail. 1063 connects to 1059. Probably a mirror image of 1059. There could be noise leaking through connecting doors from your neighbors. Other than that, it is a great stateroom. Larger space than Verandas. https://halfacts.com/1063-zuiderdam/

1043 is a quad. This is what a quad looks like. Same room as 1063, but with a pull down bed. It is on the Westerdam, but staterooms are the same. https://halfacts.com/1031-westerdam/ 

if you are heavy sleepers, any of the J Cabins will be fine. But if you are concerned about noise, make sure your stateroom isn’t under BB King (port side). Starboard side you might have piano music from Billboard. Not sure how much noise from them would be annoying.

Don’t chose a J on any other level as the rooms are much smaller than those insides on the Zaandam. We sailed in one of the J Staterooms several times. You will be spoiled in one of these staterooms. So just find one that isn’t under BB King. See you on the Zuiderdam for the World. Will miss you on the Panama Canal as we are only doing it one way.

Thanks.