Make sure you have a COVID test backup plan

Oletruckdude

3 hours ago, lucyjlou said:

We need to test Xmas eve too. Did you order tests already? It sounds like from the previous post that most of the test shipping right now expire December 21. So I was hesitant to order them

ill take my chances. we did find a place 2 minutes from our house to do it on xmas eve.  I want to know before I fly down. 

2 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

The Walgreens locations in our area stay packed with people getting tested. 😵

The trick is to be ready to book your appointment as soon as they become available on the Walgreens website. They usually open right at midnight 3 days in advance. That’s how I got my appointments. I was ready to go right at midnight and had my pick of available times. By the next morning, they were all gone!

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2021 at 2:06 PM, Lalory777 said:

I’ve noticed a few on here saying they made 2 appts at different CVS’s for the rapid test in case one was cancelled. When I called CVS they said the system wouldn’t allow a 2nd test scheduled if you already have one. Can anyone respond how this is possible?  

I know this is late but just for future reference, we scheduled our CVS rapid tests on a Friday and a Saturday with our sailing on a Sunday. We had no trouble scheduling backup tests on different days.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Can the tests be done any time on the 2 days before or must it be 48 hours before? I want to schedule at 8 am 2 days before but obviously won't be getting on the ship till around noon.

Yes. It can be done anytime 2 days before sailing. 

On 10/15/2021 at 1:38 PM, Oletruckdude said:

Just a reminder to everyone. Make sure you have a COVID test backup plan.

And if you do use the home test kits, make sure you have more than one per person in case anything goes wrong.  So glad we had that option as my first test was ruled invalid because Navica's system did not properly log my husband out before I tested.

19 hours ago, Oletruckdude said:

I know this is late but just for future reference, we scheduled our CVS rapid tests on a Friday and a Saturday with our sailing on a Sunday. We had no trouble scheduling backup tests on different days.

Thanks that is good to know. 

I did my test at my home airport, with the backup testing plan being Fort Lauderdale Airport. But ended up not needing the backup plan. I had my test done at 9am, got the results before I got home at 9:45 am. The airport testing site is for traveler's, so I did not worry about taking an appointment away from someone who was ill. 

• Like 1