Something I learned from my cruise.

codeyell0

During my cruise I spoke with lots of wonderful people.
I love to find out about peoples lives. 
They crew can't really leave the ship.  Getting certain essentials is not easy. 
I tried to get items they need but not having a pen in our room, and attendant kept forgetting to tell me.
We did get her bar soap as she asked for this. We grabbed while in Cozumel. Usually someone will go out while in port but only a few can leave.

Doesn't hurt to ask if you can grab them something.  Money is great but if you can barely buy things with it, what's the point.

I also noticed I could bring drinks back from ports without question. I brought back 4 sodas from Cozumel Mexico.
I also bought soda in the terminal while waiting and no one said anything when we brought them on board. 

Happy Cruising Everyone 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We made a couple friends who we've kept in contact with and I agree - they really seem to need things, especially now when they're not allowed off the ship to take care of themselves.

They can have stuff shipped to them, but they have to pay a handling charge to MSC to get it on the ship. 😒

I wish I had known about Mega in Cozumel at the time, I would have filled a suitcase.

I think you're right - in normal times, cash is king...but now is different.

Edited by MonsterJoe

I know this was reported by cruisers going on Alaska cruises. With Covid, staff not allowed off ship. CC posters gave requests from staff to those coming on the  next week. 
Those coming off Divina and Meraviglia, if you know of needed item, please post here. 
We are sailing in a month and would be very happy to bring needed items.

• Like 3

Yes I was on meraviglia but this goes for every ship.  Once you get onboard ask.  
I really tried to get a list but I know she was busy. 
two of the other guys I spoke to were leaving for home within the next few weeks. 

Didn't see this posted before so I wanted to put it out there.
I grabbed what they asked for while i was there.  I guess they get shower gel and shampoo but thats it. 
One of the guys Jamal from st lucia was like "on my documents I have to put where I have been. 
But I never stepped foot on land so I guess I have been no where lol."

• Like 1

A number of weeks ago we sailed on the Meraviglia. It was a weekend cruise. We fell in love with our waitress and asst.We loved the cruise so much we booked for next Sat on the Merv.We asked them thru e-mails if we could bring some items for them when we see them next week.They explained that they are not allowed to leave ship and that they would be grateful for a few items. Those few items have grown to a small suitcase full .We are so happy that we can help our new friends in this small way.Looking forward to a week on the Meraviglia and seeing our new friends.Hopefully a new tradition has started between us and MSC. We have cruised on RCCL over 80 cruises,have made friends with staff on many of the ships from Captains, down. Sill in contact with a lot of them. Safe sailing and calm seas, MIKE & SUE .

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2021 at 8:09 PM, mikensuenfl said:

Deodorant,toothpaste,mouthwash,bodywash,cereals,health bars,hand cream

This is a great list of staff requests. Also add bar soap, makeup remover pads.  
I just got back from Dollar store with a large haul of bar soap,  toothpaste, tubes of hand cream and boxes of granola bars.
I think I will just put items in 2 boxes . Butler and room steward can dispense as they see fit.

• Like 3