$15 "as much as you can fit in" bag of laundry?

Ginnyfyr

I've read this was a thing pre-pandemic - is Carnival still doing this? We're on a Virgin cruise the week before our Carnival cruise. Virgin charges $5 per item to wash and fold so I would much rather wait until we board the Freedom and send out a whole bag of laundry for $15. Thanks!

• Like 1

Yes they are. On the Mardi Gras there is no self-laundry rooms so we had no choice. Over the course of a week long cruise, I ended up doing 3 bags for 4 people. It fits quite a bit of clothing if you do it right. Just roll the clothes and don't overstuff to where the paper bag rips.

• Like 1

We have used the laundry special many times and nothing of ours was ever ruined.  But we only send out undies, socks, pj’s and t-shirts.  They usually come back in great shape, but we have had one or two bags that came back wrinkled.  And we use the rolling technique as well.  They almost always deliver ours back in two bags, so rolling the clothes does take up a lot less space. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

My whites came back grey and everything shrunk.  I didn't complain but they ruined about $250 of clothing.  Never again.

Ouch! Not to self - leave the white stuff at home or save it for cruise #2 so it doesn't need to be sent out!

48 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

We have used the laundry special many times and nothing of ours was ever ruined.  But we only send out undies, socks, pj’s and t-shirts.  They usually come back in great shape, but we have had one or two bags that came back wrinkled.  And we use the rolling technique as well.  They almost always deliver ours back in two bags, so rolling the clothes does take up a lot less space. 

Awesome, thanks to you and @CruisingFromLAfor the info! I think most of what we'll have will be what you mentioned. I just learned that our hotel in Miami is partnered with a service that will return your stuff the next day, so I'll check that out too, just so it's all done and fresh for cruise #2. Pretty sure it won't be as good a deal as $15 though! (edited to add: $30 for 15 lbs of laundry and it's back in 24 hours - that's actually not terrible...)

Edited by Ginnyfyr

On a recent cruise on the Mardi Gras, we sent in a couple laundry bags filled with underwear, t-shirts, shorts, and capris.  Everything came back just fine and quite quickly.  I always line the paper bag with a small plastic garbage bag, roll all items and tape the paper bag shut.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

My whites came back grey and everything shrunk.  I didn't complain but they ruined about $250 of clothing.  Never again.

Sorry that happened.  We’ve used the service many, many times and never had any issues.  I could never fit $250 worth of clothes in that bag - impressive you fit that in there. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

Sorry that happened.  We’ve used the service many, many times and never had any issues.  I could never fit $250 worth of clothes in that bag - impressive you fit that in there. 

Thanks.  I don't understand how it happened to us and not others.  We fit probably 9 items in the bag.  The only good thing that came from it was my 2XL t-shirts became M-L and my daughter thanked me for the new collection of free sleeping shirts.  Not sure I like her in the "St. Thomas Drinking Club" t-shirt and I hope she doesn't know what the t-shirt with the pirate and the "Booty Hunter" caption means.

• Haha 2