Are we allowed off ship (Allure) at ports without an excursion?

I read a comment that someone was concerned that they weren’t going to be allowed to get off the ship in St Thomas unless they were on an authorized excursion. We are scheduled to go on a B2B this spring in Allure and will be going to some ports we’ve never been to. We just enjoy making our way to beaches and shopping. We don’t do excursions. I’m very concerned because we don’t want to be on the ship 14 days!  Thank you

Not sure where Firefly is getting info from, but below is what is on the Celebrity Web Site based on itineraries.  Please call the cruise line.  Others have reported that the customer service representatives are confirming.

Southern Caribbean Itineraries

Excursions provided by Celebrity Cruises are required in:

• Antigua
  • Barbados
  • Dominica
  • St. Kitts & Nevis
  • Tortola
  • BVI
  • St. Lucia

Guests can explore the destination on their own in the ports below. However, we highly recommend you choose shore excursions with Celebrity Cruises that follow the same health protocols we have on board:

• St. Croix
  • St. Maarten*
  • St. Thomas
  • Aruba
  • Bonaire
  • Curacao

While in Aruba, the use of masks is required while indoors, except for while eating and drinking.

Eastern Caribbean Itineraries

• Tortola

Guests can explore the destination on their own in the ports below. However, we highly recommend you choose shore excursions with Celebrity Cruises that follow the same health protocols we have on board:

• Nassau
  • St. Croix
  • St. Thomas
  • St. Maarten*
  • San Juan, Puerto Rico

*The St. Maarten government requires all unvaccinated guests age 10 and older, be tested 2 days prior to disembarking and visiting St. Maarten. Test will be provided onboard.

The local health authorities in St. Thomas and St. Croix have recommended that all guests, including fully vaccinated persons, wear a face mask while ashore and particularly while indoors.

Western Caribbean Itineraries

Guests can explore the destination on their own in the ports below. However, we highly recommend you choose shore excursions with Celebrity Cruises that follow the same health protocols we have on board:

• Nassau
  • Roatan
  • Cozumel
  • Costa Maya
  • Belize

25 minutes ago, kjenaz said:

Not sure where Firefly is getting info from, but below is what is on the Celebrity Web Site based on itineraries.  Please call the cruise line.  Others have reported that the customer service representatives are confirming.

Southern Caribbean Itineraries

• Antigua
  • Barbados
  • Dominica
  • St. Kitts & Nevis
  • Tortola
  • BVI
  • St. Lucia

Guests can explore the destination on their own in the ports below. However, we highly recommend you choose shore excursions with Celebrity Cruises that follow the same health protocols we have on board:

• St. Croix
  • St. Maarten*
  • St. Thomas
  • Aruba
  • Bonaire
  • Curacao

While in Aruba, the use of masks is required while indoors, except for while eating and drinking.

Eastern Caribbean Itineraries

• Tortola

• Nassau
  • St. Croix
  • St. Thomas
  • St. Maarten*
  • San Juan, Puerto Rico

*The St. Maarten government requires all unvaccinated guests age 10 and older, be tested 2 days prior to disembarking and visiting St. Maarten. Test will be provided onboard.

The local health authorities in St. Thomas and St. Croix have recommended that all guests, including fully vaccinated persons, wear a face mask while ashore and particularly while indoors.

Western Caribbean Itineraries

• Nassau
  • Roatan
  • Cozumel
  • Costa Maya
  • Belize

Did you even read what you copied and pasted? OP asked about st thomas... you posted about a whole lot included st thomas.

This is what they posted for st Thomas which you seem to be confused about.

• Like 1

I was trying to be helpful, no reason to be rude.  We cruise Royal in Mid November and were told by RCCL to watch for updates (From the Celebrity since they are currently cruising there).  

I did see the mention of St. Thomas - I ALSO noted that he/she did not want to stay on the boat for 14 days.  Perhaps you are not aware that Celebrity and Royal are the same company.  The only ships going to these ports until we cruise in November are Celebrity.  We are waiting for an update from Royal on the ports. .  I am watching closely and amazed at how many people are completely clueless and will be VERY unhappy when they find out you MUST book a shore excursion to get off.  It is doubtful that all the islands will change in the next 3 weeks.

Blast me Back for trying to help spread the word!

Really people!

11 hours ago, kjenaz said:

I was trying to be helpful, no reason to be rude.  We cruise Royal in Mid November and were told by RCCL to watch for updates (From the Celebrity since they are currently cruising there).  

I did see the mention of St. Thomas - I ALSO noted that he/she did not want to stay on the boat for 14 days.  Perhaps you are not aware that Celebrity and Royal are the same company.  The only ships going to these ports until we cruise in November are Celebrity.  We are waiting for an update from Royal on the ports. .  I am watching closely and amazed at how many people are completely clueless and will be VERY unhappy when they find out you MUST book a shore excursion to get off.  It is doubtful that all the islands will change in the next 3 weeks.

Blast me Back for trying to help spread the word!

Really people!

This was my concern actually. I do NOT want to stay on the ship 14 days. The only reason we are considering the B2B is because it is going to 3 ports we’ve never been to. If there’s a chance we can’t get off without an excursion we won’t book it. 
Thank you for your responses. It looks like we can explore on our own which is great! Let’s hope things continue to improve 

Edited by Cruiser1862

1 hour ago, Cruiser1862 said:

. If there’s a chance we can’t get off without an excursion we won’t book it. 

to each - his own. We cannot get off without one due to having an unvaxxed child, and I happily booked 2 beach excursions through RCI for all 5 of us - we do want to get off the ship and have a great, relaxing time on a beach. Thankfully, beach excursions in both St Thomas and St John, Antigua were very reasonably priced. The ones in Europe are very unreasonable.

We have previously had wonderful excursions through RCI, so if that's the only way to experience the Caribbean locations during the pandemic - so be it. We won't stay on the ship just because of that. 

There are a lot of other inconveniences to cruising during the pandemic which is still raging, like not being able to use MTD with a child, or only being on the balcony because of the child, and other stuff, but we just want to cruise and enjoy it, so we have to make concessions.  Oh, well. Tis the price.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Back in August St Thomas was open for vaccinated passengers on Royal with no restrictions.  Not many of the stores were open, though.  Still plenty of hawkers at the port for various independent excursions.

Current Celebrity rules also allow any vaccinated into that port.  We have some ports on an upcoming cruise with them that apparently are requiring bubble tours.  Will see - still have independent tours booked and advice from current cruisers is rules change almost daily.

Spring is a very long way away.  Any rules you see now will change a dozen times before then.  In August we even had port changes when we got on the ship.  Should settle down with time.