New to Celebrity - laundry/beach towel questions?

Froufie

Planning my first Celebrity cruise (Reflection) and wondering about the following:

1.  Laundry - I know they have the usual laundry service but I am interested in finding out about the 'laundry special' - the one where you stuff the bag full of dirty clothes for one set price? How much is that bag, and when during the 10 day cruise might we expect to see it?

2.  Beach towels? - on other lines I know they are provided in the cabins but I see on Celebrity looks like they are on the loungers by the pool? 

a)so if the lounger has only a towel on it and is empty is it 'available for use'?

b) What do you do with wet towels once you are done with them?

c) What if you want a clean dry towel (for use at hot tub or to take on an excursion off the ship) - where would you get these? Where do you return them (or can you leave them in your cabin post excursion for steward to pick up)?

Any information greatly appreciated!

The stewards often place towels on all the loungers.  A neatly folded towel and no personal items  probably tells you that the lounger is available.

there are bins for used towels near each pool,and stacks of clean dry towels adjacent.

Leave your wet towel in a receptacle or take it to your room, either way will work.

A583D036-F075-40B5-AB91-B8E93F8396B8.jpeg

ED1D95A5-3009-47F2-A6AA-FF5394DA6D48.jpeg

Edited by cruisestitch

26 minutes ago, Froufie said:

Planning my first Celebrity cruise (Reflection) and wondering about the following:

1.  Laundry - I know they have the usual laundry service but I am interested in finding out about the 'laundry special' - the one where you stuff the bag full of dirty clothes for one set price? How much is that bag, and when during the 10 day cruise might we expect to see it?

2.  Beach towels? - on other lines I know they are provided in the cabins but I see on Celebrity looks like they are on the loungers by the pool? 

a)so if the lounger has only a towel on it and is empty is it 'available for use'?

b) What do you do with wet towels once you are done with them?

c) What if you want a clean dry towel (for use at hot tub or to take on an excursion off the ship) - where would you get these? Where do you return them (or can you leave them in your cabin post excursion for steward to pick up)?

Any information greatly appreciated!

On port days you will find beach towels provided the night before in your cabin at turn down service.  You can take these off the ship and return the steward will take them that eveing. Do NOT take the pool towels.

The all you can stuff cleaning used to appear about midway in the cruise.  My most recent cruise (7 days) it was not offered. Perhaps because of covid. Precious little you can stuff into those tiny paper bags. I don't recall the cost but I think i was over $20

Your steward will leave towels in your room for use on excursions. When done for the day leave them in your room and they will be replaced. Pool towels are used at the pool and can just be replaced at the pool. 

My experience with laundry is they offer bag specials only on longer cruises.

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the good info - so pool towels are DIFFERENT from beach towels on Celebrity - good to know!  And looks like lots of pool towels available on deck - and will expect beach towels in cabin pre-port days!

Sure hope that laundry special appears on our cruise - I am used to getting free laundry on another line, and as this is a 10 day cruise will have more 'stuff' so concerned about not having to pack too much? (and noticing not that much storage in the cabin in my opinion!)

2 minutes ago, FLCruiser97 said:

One quick tip on the laundry....if you roll the items, you can get more in the small bag they have (if it's a pay by the bag) It usually comes back in 2 bags.

I hear you and I am the best rollelr and stuffer of laundry bags - don't worry - I will get that sucker full!  LOL 🙂

The beach towels provided by the room steward are (or were) yellow. If you don't leave it in the room afterwards, then they say you will be charged for its replacement.

The pool towels are/were grey. Even though you're not meant to remove them from the ship, you will likely sea people on the beach lying on grey towels with an X cut into the pile.

The laundry bag is made of double sheet brown paper maybe 18" x 10" (45cm x 25cm) - the "all you can fit in" rule specifies "without tearing" 

21 minutes ago, FLCruiser97 said:

One quick tip on the laundry....if you roll the items, you can get more in the small bag they have (if it's a pay by the bag) It usually comes back in 2 bags.

Another tip is to read the offer, they usually have a cut off date so not everyone turns their laundry in the last night.

Beware on the laundry-----if your items have cotton in them, they will shrink!  Personal experience......

They use really hot water.  Two of my new knit tops I brought on the last cruise came back small enough for a 8 year old.  I now wash my own items out in the sink and hang in the bathroom......

• Like 1