Help decide - Oasis or Symphony?

Hi everyone! We have been on five cruises before, almost solely Eastern Caribbean itinerary. This will be first cruise in six years. We are trying to decide between the Oasis for Presidents Week (February 20th - Cozumel, Roatan, Costa Maya and CocoCay - we've never been to any of these ports) or the Symphony for Spring Break (first week of April - Labadee, San Juan, St Thomas and CocoCay - we've never been to Labadee, San Juan or CocoCay). We sailed on the Oasis when it was brand new years ago and had a wonderful time. We will have our 13 year old daughter with us who turns 14 on April 4th - so if we did the Symphony she'd have her birthday on the ship on an AT SEA day. The Symphony cruise will be about $700 more. If money was not a factor in the decision making, solely looking at ship, ports, experience on board, etc. which sailing would you choose and why? Any feedback will be appreciated beyond measure. Thank you 🙂

Ships are pretty much the exact same. They added BBQ place on Oasis, both have same water slides and dry slides. I like St  Thomas and Puerto Rico and Labadie 10 times better than Mexico. I am not sure if Labadee  will still be happening in April though.  Labadee  is my favorite but currently not sailing there. Coco Kay is just OK to me. But your daughter will probably love it for the water slides. Either one is fine though. 
oasis has the production show Cats. Oh lord is that a great show for a nap. 

Edited by renza
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, travispete said:

Hi everyone! We have been on five cruises before, almost solely Eastern Caribbean itinerary. This will be first cruise in six years. We are trying to decide between the Oasis for Presidents Week (February 20th - Cozumel, Roatan, Costa Maya and CocoCay - we've never been to any of these ports) or the Symphony for Spring Break (first week of April - Labadee, San Juan, St Thomas and CocoCay - we've never been to Labadee, San Juan or CocoCay). We sailed on the Oasis when it was brand new years ago and had a wonderful time. We will have our 13 year old daughter with us who turns 14 on April 4th - so if we did the Symphony she'd have her birthday on the ship on an AT SEA day. The Symphony cruise will be about $700 more. If money was not a factor in the decision making, solely looking at ship, ports, experience on board, etc. which sailing would you choose and why? Any feedback will be appreciated beyond measure. Thank you 🙂

I like the ports better for the Oasis, and love the ship, but the Symphony is "Holy Moly WOW".

So, here is my not very helpful advice: If you are choosing for the ship, go with Symphony.  If you are choosing by the ports, go with Oasis.

(I also would not assume that your ship would be going to Labadee in April)

Besides, February is sooner than April, and you could be on a ship two months earlier!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I like the ports better for the Oasis, and love the ship, but the Symphony is "Holy Moly WOW".

So, here is my not very helpful advice: If you are choosing for the ship, go with Symphony.  If you are choosing by the ports, go with Oasis.

(I also would not assume that your ship would be going to Labadee in April)

Besides, February is sooner than April, and you could be on a ship two months earlier!

Forgive my naivety but why would the ship not go to Labadee in April? And what would the alternate port be?

15 minutes ago, travispete said:

Forgive my naivety but why would the ship not go to Labadee in April? And what would the alternate port be?

My two cents about the port choices: we like Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan for lovely beach breaks, now that we have found a nice quiet beach in Cozumel.

One day we'll try a sloth sanctuary in Roatan.

Labadee is a nice beach day (if you actually get there). So is St Thomas (Sapphire beach in particular). We've been to PR only once and don't care to return, however, our bad experience was on NCL and not on RCI. Had we had more time and the ability to find a nice beach - we could have a different opinion.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

Not keeping up with current events, eh?  😉  😄  

Haiti is in political upheaval since the assassination of their president. (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-57762246 )

Haiti then had another big earthquake.  (https://disasterphilanthropy.org/disaster/2021-haiti-earthquake-and-tropical-storm-grace/)

Now gangs have kidnapped  17 missionaries.  (https://www.npr.org/2021/10/22/1048346773/haiti-gang-leader-kidnapped-missionaries-video)

Locals have reportedly overrun and are occupying the dormitories and facilities of RC's Labadee development.

• Like 1

My Daughter and I had the same problem.

It came down to the free activities during the day and the evening shows.

In our opinion Symphony had the most to offer teens and young adults.

your 14 yr old daughter might love “Hairspray the musical” as much as mine did when she was her age.

My Daughter wants to do the FloRider, the breakout room and the huge slide.

I actually lost the vote once DD saw they had Hairspray as the show:

that alone sold her on that ship.

Happy cruising.

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Like 1