NEW - Celebrity EDGE 52 Day Cruise - Oct 30, 2023

bikerunner

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

After we found the 10/16 Apex cruise we put a hold on a SV.  There were only 2 available, both on Deck 7.  Waiting for pricing and additions from the TA.  The 52 night cruise misses 2 places that we want to visit, Israel & Egypt so the Apex cruise takes care of that.  

We just booked SV on deck 7 on 10/16/23 Apex cruise.

We are still considering all 4 legs; will know within a month or 2 if we are pulling the trigger.

There is a FB group but I'm thinking a bad idea to put that out there w/ my real name...

I have done a lot of comparing to other lines & I'm finding that this cruise is priced decently.

Now we have not cruised more than 2 weeks.

We are fine with an interior as we are rarely in our room. I realize we would probably prefer a window/balcony on a longer cruise but we would rather cruise more often/longer in an interior--especially a 200 sq foot one!

I have looked at Oceania, Viking, Holland & Costa and so far the Edge wins.

We do like that drinks, wifi & tips (ESPECIALLY) are included.

We LOVE the Edge.

We are considering taking a 32 day S. Pacific cruise from Sydney to Vancouver in March/April 2023 instead...thought perhaps easing our way into a longer cruise might be wise. We shall see.

16 hours ago, jelayne said:

Whatever you decide book sooner rather than later.  We booked the 1st 2 legs of the 52N cruise and they have increased by $2k each on 2 weeks.   If the price goes down (unlikely) we can reprice 

The interior rooms do  not seem to be as in demand, luckily.

After Thanksgiving we will have a clearer picture, so on hold until then.

19 hours ago, KKB said:

We are considering taking a 32 day S. Pacific cruise from Sydney to Vancouver in March/April 2023 instead...thought perhaps easing our way into a longer cruise might be wise. We shall see.

KKB. We did the reverse of this cruise in 2018. We were on for 39 days as we added a cruise before it down the California Coast.  We loved it and lucky for us managed to be in the same AFT stateroom.  We loved every minute of it. We also had pretty much good seas all the way.  We could have easily stayed on for another two weeks. 

For this cruise we do have four different staterooms but will do anything to be on the AFT.  We generally book cruises that interest us. The prices go up and down so many that have risen in price we have also caught some good drops.  We book ourselves directly with Celebrity so we have control of the cruise and can speak directly with them when we spot a drop. We have had some incredible luck on price drops but it does take some diligence keeping an eye out!  
Mary😎

Edited by mauimary

20 hours ago, KKB said:

We still have the 18 day Ovation of the Seas repo from Sydney to Hawaii booked for April 2023, but will most likely cancel it to do the Edge. Plus, I hear that French Polynesia is going to limit ship sizes at some ports and that could make the Ovation itinerary less exciting. 

mac_tlc

14 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

We still have the 18 day Ovation of the Seas repo from Sydney to Hawaii booked for April 2023, but will most likely cancel it to do the Edge. Plus, I hear that French Polynesia is going to limit ship sizes at some ports and that could make the Ovation itinerary less exciting. 

mac_tlc

Interesting you say that.

We have been looking at the Princess one for a while...it does seem to me that there were more French Polynesian stops initially...tho I could be confusing cruises.

On 11/2/2021 at 6:22 AM, Ipeeinthepools said:

Yes the OBC for booking onboard is correct.  It surprised both me an my TA.  I discussed booking this with my TA before I left on my current cruise, thinking I would get $200 per leg for a veranda cabin.   I questioned the lower amount as I was booking the cruise and the Celebrity rep advised me it was lower because it’s a repositioning cruise.  I’ll suggest that most of us never looked at the lower amount for shorter cruises and noticed that repositioning cruises were in the same category.

I also moved this directly to my TA.  I had my TA’s contact info with me so Celebrity rep inputted that directly into the reservation and it went directly to my TA.  I used a different TA for my current cruise and wanted to make sure it went to my new TA.  I also had to sign a form switching TAs.

Prior to booking I also checked with my TA to check their rates for my cabin category.  The TA had better deals in some categories but not in other categories and I used that info to guide my purchase.  The option may not be available in all categories.  I needed to provide a larger deposit to qualify.

Finding a good TA may be more important than any differences in OBC between TAs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/31/2021 at 1:04 PM, composting money said:

Howdy from Texas, USA. We’re booked for all four legs on the journey. Looking forward to meeting new friends and seeing interesting  ports of call.
we’ll see everyone during Captain Club happy hour. Looking for to hearing this groups suggestions for excursion.

Do you mind if I ask if they provided a discount because it was over 50 days. We were on with celebrity rep yesterday to book all four. He said once you book it goes to a separate department and they provide the discount…. Just wondering if that is true.  

22 minutes ago, JES33158 said:

Do you mind if I ask if they provided a discount because it was over 50 days. We were on with celebrity rep yesterday to book all four. He said once you book it goes to a separate department and they provide the discount…. Just wondering if that is true.  

I just looked at my 4 invoices and the only discount I see is $100 for the B2B discount on each cruise.

We have decided to cancel this cruise.  It was a hard decision but the timing just does not work well for us. We have gone back and forth over it.   For anyone that is interested we have released a SUNSET balcony on segments 1&2 so far.  We are still deciding what we want to transfer our no refundable deposits to before we release segments 3&4.  I will let you know when I do them.   
Suez Canal #10271 10/30

Dubai-Singapore #9307 11/13. 

Mary😎

On 10/26/2021 at 1:55 PM, TeaBag said:

This is too late for us.  We are booked on Azamara Singapore to Athens and really looking forward to seeing Petra.

Hi - We'll be on the Celebrity cruise - What are you looking forward to in Petra? Thanks. Trying to get other ideas and opinions. 🙂

2 hours ago, snorkelcruiser said:

Hi JoePDX - i am interested in a recommendation for a guide in Petra. Thanks. Couldn't find your email. 🙂

Hi -

I used Best Shore Trips in April 2017 for a group of 11 off Oceania Nautica.   This company had at least four other private groups off the ship that day.   

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g298101-d3825716-Reviews-Best_Shore_Trips_Private_Tours-Aqaba_Al_Aqabah_Governorate.html

email.  Bestshoretrip at gmail dot com 

We went to Petra and Wadi Rum.   Price was $185 per person including entrance fees to Petra and Wadi Rum and a boxed lunch which we ate in the minivan enroute from Petra to Wadi Rum.   Total tour time was around 12 hours.   We had a guide and a driver.  Payment due at end of tour.

Everything was great.  Preplanning with their office was effortless.    A magical day.  

Joe

12 minutes ago, JoePDX said:

Hi -

I used Best Shore Trips in April 2017 for a group of 11 off Oceania Nautica.   This company had at least four other private groups off the ship that day.   

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g298101-d3825716-Reviews-Best_Shore_Trips_Private_Tours-Aqaba_Al_Aqabah_Governorate.html

email.  Bestshoretrip at gmail dot com 

We went to Petra and Wadi Rum.   Price was $185 per person including entrance fees to Petra and Wadi Rum and a boxed lunch which we ate in the minivan enroute from Petra to Wadi Rum.   Total tour time was around 12 hours.   We had a guide and a driver.  Payment due at end of tour.

Everything was great.  Preplanning with their office was effortless.    A magical day.  

Joe

Thanks so much Joe! - 

Sherry

• Like 1