NEW - Celebrity EDGE 52 Day Cruise - Oct 30, 2023

bikerunner

12 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

October 30th and subsequent cruise still missing on UK site

No longer on the US website either.  I wonder if that is because it sold out or because Celebrity website is just being the wonky Celebrity website?!

• Like 1

Just now, SueMo said:

We called for a price for all 4 legs, Infinite Verandah deck 7 mid-ship, and the quoted price for two was $26,000.  

Really thinking about this but unsure how we would do for 52 days.  

Is the $26K for ALL four segments, or for each?  If for all segments, dang that is a deal!

I did a mock booking of legs 1&2 when it was up on the website earlier this week.

Cost for a Magic Carpet  was around $11,300 per leg. Looked last night and to book you need to call.  We are on the Edge so we went to the Future Cruise office today and booked.  Prices are up about $1,200 since the early part of the week   on each of the first 2 legs.  

The different legs come and go from the website.  When I couldn't get all 4 of them to come up, I simply called Celebrity and booked.  No hold time when I called, although the rep did say their phones are ringing off the hook.  Apparently no discount for booking all 4 legs except for the B2B2B2B discount.

10 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

The different legs come and go from the website.  When I couldn't get all 4 of them to come up, I simply called Celebrity and booked.  No hold time when I called, although the rep did say their phones are ringing off the hook.  Apparently no discount for booking all 4 legs except for the B2B2B2B discount.

I booked all 4 segments direct with Celebrity.  They gave us decent OBC, $800 total for 2 for each segment.  Have since moved to a TA, who has given us $2000 for 3 segments and $1500 for one.  Did not get any reduction, that I can see, for being B2B2B2B.  Should we have?  If so, should I deal with Celebrity or the TA?  TIA

Edited by LGW59

4 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Did you book all 4?  We just booked first 2 legs.

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I booked all 4 segments direct with Celebrity.  They gave us decent OBC, $800 total for 2 for each segment.  Have since moved to a TA, who has given us $2000 for 3 segments and $1500 for one.  Did not get any reduction, that I can see, for being B2B2B2B.  Should we have?  If so, should I deal with Celebrity of the TA?  TIA

We got a discount for B2B, I  think it was $100 also got military discount.  We booked onboard so regular $800 OBC each leg   for Suite and $350 for on board booking.  .  We haven’t transferred to a TA yet but will do that next week. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I booked all 4 segments direct with Celebrity.  They gave us decent OBC, $800 total for 2 for each segment.  Have since moved to a TA, who has given us $2000 for 3 segments and $1500 for one.  Did not get any reduction, that I can see, for being B2B2B2B.  Should we have?  If so, should I deal with Celebrity or the TA?  TIA

What class cabin did you book?  I got absolutely no OBC from Celebrity for a C2. 

If you have transferred your booking to a TA, you need to work with the TA.  Celebrity will no longer talk to you.  It takes a few days for the B2B2B2B credit to show up on your invoice.  Also keep an eye on the separate charge for gratuities which shows up.  Mine didn't disappear until I complained.

On 10/29/2021 at 1:56 PM, jelayne said:

I did a mock booking of legs 1&2 when it was up on the website earlier this week.

Cost for a Magic Carpet  was around $11,300 per leg. Looked last night and to book you need to call.  We are on the Edge so we went to the Future Cruise office today and booked.  Prices are up about $1,200 since the early part of the week   on each of the first 2 legs.  

I have legs 1 and 2 held, with the deposit due Tuesday 11/2. Price for 2 in an S1 are $12,483 and $12,705. 

We got on Edge today and I figured I’d check to see if it made sense to cancel and rebook on board for the extra OBC. Leg 1 has increased $400pp and Leg 2 has increased $700pp. I guess I will keep what I have !!!!’ 

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

I have legs 1 and 2 held, with the deposit due Tuesday 11/2. Price for 2 in an S1 are $12,483 and $12,705. 

We got on Edge today and I figured I’d check to see if it made sense to cancel and rebook on board for the extra OBC. Leg 1 has increased $400pp and Leg 2 has increased $700pp. I guess I will keep what I have !!!!’ 

mac_tlc

Glad I called right away!  The agent I spoke with did indicate that their phones were ringing off the hook.

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Dang super interested in this but not showing on their site.

But the online TA I typically use has them if I am specific with my search.

Edited by KKB

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

We also quickly jumped onto legs 1, 2 and 3.  We've done the fourth leg of this series relatively recently (in 2020) and want to be home to prepare for the holidays.  Give this reporting I am so happy be booked so quickly.

On 10/29/2021 at 10:56 AM, jelayne said:

Leg #3 in a MC-suite is 7,061 pp.  I could not even book the same cabins for the first three legs!  The increase in prices are crazy, but I have the legs on hold;  I do not want to pay more than I could have paid for three suites.  Actually,  was quite excited for a small amount of time.  So paying extra and having to change cabins is a real downer for $30,356(2 SV's and  1-MC suite!)  These are all RFD cabins, but it looks like I may cancel due to all the increases and cabin changes.  I booked  a TA for Beyond in a SS suite(fav cabin)for much less than a MC-cabin on leg #3.  All I can say is that many customers may have the same issue this early in the game when it comes to booking three or 4 legs...

Edited by Lastdance

4 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I just looked and leg three 7,061 pp.  I could not even book the same cabins for the first three legs!  The increase in prices are crazy, but I have the legs on hold;  I do not want to pay more than I could have paid for three suites.  Actually,  was quite excited for a small amount of time.  So paying extra and having to change cabins is a real downer for $30,356(2 SV's and  1-MC suite!

Yep same here I will change cabins 2x, once by choice the other because I was late to the game apparently 

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Yep same here I will change cabins 2x, once by choice the other because I was late to the game apparently 

Sorry, LGW59, but I certainly do not want to keep looking to see who has canceled; however, my DH is not interested, but said he would go if I really wanted to do this adventure.

2 hours ago, KKB said:

Dang super interested in this but not showing on their site.

But the online TA I typically use has them if I am specific with my search.

They have been on the TA site since about a week before the “52 days” voyage was announced. They were still there this afternoon. Would love to have you join us!!

mac_tlc

25 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Leg #3 in a MC-suite is 7,061 pp.  I could not even book the same cabins for the first three legs!  The increase in prices are crazy, but I have the legs on hold;  I do not want to pay more than I could have paid for three suites.  Actually,  was quite excited for a small amount of time.  So paying extra and having to change cabins is a real downer for $30,356(2 SV's and  1-MC suite!)  These are all RFD cabins, but it looks like I may cancel due to all the increases and cabin changes.  I booked  a TA for Beyond in a SS suite(fav cabin)for much less than a MC-cabin on leg #3.  All I can say is that many customers may have the same issue this early in the game when it comes to booking three or 4 legs...

We were lucky to get the same cabin for the first two legs. That is probably all we will do. If we did 40 consecutive days, our cats would disown us!!

mac_tlc