NEW - Celebrity EDGE 52 Day Cruise - Oct 30, 2023

bikerunner

9 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We were able to book the same suite for all three legs.  Although I know people who hate to move  I've never found switching staterooms to be that onerous.  

Actually, switching is pretty easy for us, but I should have booked all suites too(same one)the first day it opened.  Totally my fault, as I thought it was only open to those who were booking all four legs.  It was my error, not to mention the hike in prices for suites. The two together just do not sit well with me, so I am out!  Called Celebrity and shared why I was not going to put 2,700 down, along with my other reasons., so others could have my cabins.  I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Edited by Lastdance

57 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

They have been on the TA site since about a week before the “52 days” voyage was announced. They were still there this afternoon. Would love to have you join us!!

mac_tlc

TA site? (email me at kkbunde@gmail.com if we can't share it here)

I just tossed the idea of all 4 legs to DH & I was stunned --he is super interested! 

I'd like to go ahead & book it with a refundable deposit sooner than later...seems prices may be going up as we speak.

Also tossing around the idea of a month long S.Pacific cruise on Princess as an alternative. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KKB said:

$900/leg deposit? (that's what I'm seeing on my TA site)

I'd prefer to book direct with Celebrity but getting $ in my mind.

Yup, deposit is $900 per leg. 

P.S. —- I just emailed you. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Yup, deposit is $900 per leg. 

P.S. —- I just emailed you. 

mac_tlc

OK...If I DON'T book refundable deposit...is the deposit forfeited or does it become FCC if we cancel?

10 minutes ago, KKB said:

OK...If I DON'T book refundable deposit...is the deposit forfeited or does it become FCC if we cancel?

10 minutes ago, KKB said:

You would lose $100 per person and the remainder becomes an FCC. 

mac_tlc

19 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

You would lose $100 per person and the remainder becomes an FCC. 

mac_tlc

Hmmmmm....

$300 less each leg for NRD.

Tough choice.

I'm a gambler by nature...I think I go for the NRD & save $1200 on the 4 legs...

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1

We have same Sky suite on deck 12 for Rome to Sydney as do our friends from Sydney (3 doors away) we booked October 21st.  Looks like there will be a lot of us on board.

We cannot use courtesy hold in UK if we use the website

Edited by emmas gran

For those who booked any of theses sailings while on board  did you get tge On Board booking OBC based on cruise length/ stateroom or based on cruises being considered repositioning/transpacific?

We booked a Sky Suite for legs 1 & 2 and thought we would get $350 & $300 respectively, but our confirmation shows $200 each leg- the amount for repo’s, TP & TAs.  

We booked legs 1-3 while onboard the Apex Transatlantic last week and yes, we only received 100 OBC per cabin (booked Sunset Verandah - same cabin on all three) as we were told they were all considered Repositioning sailings.

When I log in to my Celebritycruises.com account however, only ONE is specifically tagged as a Repositioning cruise (# 3 - from Singapore to Sydney - Bali to Sydney Reposition)

I agree that we should get the regular OBC onboard booking offer on all the others.

4 hours ago, bstoeck said:

We booked legs 1-3 while onboard the Apex Transatlantic last week and yes, we only received 100 OBC per cabin (booked Sunset Verandah - same cabin on all three) as we were told they were all considered Repositioning sailings.

When I log in to my Celebritycruises.com account however, only ONE is specifically tagged as a Repositioning cruise (# 3 - from Singapore to Sydney - Bali to Sydney Reposition)

I agree that we should get the regular OBC onboard booking offer on all the others.

So this OBC is from Celebrity, correct?  If so, do you plan to move to a TA or keep direct with Celebrity?  I ask because we have booked all four legs, and three of them, from Celebrity, included $800/pp OBC, one is $600.  I moved to a TA and in addition he added $2000 OBC for three legs and $1000 for one.  First time using a TA in many many many years, but feeling like we did OK.  If not used, the TA's OBC is refundable cash.  Got my transfer confirmation from Royal (yes I booked with Celebrity but the transfer emails came from RCCL) today moving he bookings to the TA.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

So this OBC is from Celebrity, correct?  If so, do you plan to move to a TA or keep direct with Celebrity?  I ask because we have booked all four legs, and three of them, from Celebrity, included $800/pp OBC, one is $600.  I moved to a TA and in addition he added $2000 OBC for three legs and $1000 for one.  First time using a TA in many many many years, but feeling like we did OK.  If not used, the TA's OBC is refundable cash.  Got my transfer confirmation from Royal (yes I booked with Celebrity but the transfer emails came from RCCL) today moving he bookings to the TA.  Fingers crossed!

Just now, bstoeck said:

Whoops!   sorry LGW59,  but yes  I am planning to move these bookings to a TA to add some additional perks and hopefully a lower price...  hope I do as well as you did!

He has not lowered the price yet, but I’m a good negotiator, LoL, we shall see, the OBC I’m very pleased with.

Yes the OBC for booking onboard is correct.  It surprised both me an my TA.  I discussed booking this with my TA before I left on my current cruise, thinking I would get $200 per leg for a veranda cabin.   I questioned the lower amount as I was booking the cruise and the Celebrity rep advised me it was lower because it’s a repositioning cruise.  I’ll suggest that most of us never looked at the lower amount for shorter cruises and noticed that repositioning cruises were in the same category.

I also moved this directly to my TA.  I had my TA’s contact info with me so Celebrity rep inputted that directly into the reservation and it went directly to my TA.  I used a different TA for my current cruise and wanted to make sure it went to my new TA.  I also had to sign a form switching TAs.

Prior to booking I also checked with my TA to check their rates for my cabin category.  The TA had better deals in some categories but not in other categories and I used that info to guide my purchase.  The option may not be available in all categories.  I needed to provide a larger deposit to qualify.

Finding a good TA may be more important than any differences in OBC between TAs.

19 hours ago, bstoeck said:

Whoops!   sorry LGW59,  but yes  I am planning to move these bookings to a TA to add some additional perks and hopefully a lower price...  hope I do as well as you did!

Good luck on the $ saving, hope you get it!  Looks to be a fabulous journey, the roll calls should be fun.  Much of these ports/countries will be very new to me so I have a lot to learn.  The Asian ports should be special as my husband is Chinese and has spent time in almost all.