Princess Plus Program

shay1

On 4/24/2022 at 6:51 PM, jagoffee said:

Did you try the fountain soda in several different locations?  I sometimes notice a different. (Perhaps the system is misadjusted.  I am more concerned about the brands/types that are only available in cans.  

I did try different locations and some were better than others, but none were good.  On a Princess cruise quite a few years ago, I discovered root beer was only available in cans, so I would get it to avoid the fountain.  I asked on the recent cruise and they didn't have root beer (at least not at the bar where I asked.)

• Thanks 1

I tried my darnest to hit 15, I really tried.  Best I did was 12 in a single day.  But I took full advantage of the coffees and bottles of water.  

A trick some of us are learning is that your TA can add princess plus AFTER booking the cruise.  It's a coupon code, not a promo.  When manually added after booking it's always $40 per day per person.  So that high high price on the single supplement isn't really a thing if you know this trick.  Utilizing this work around, the TA can also add it to a single person, even if the room is double (or more) occupancy.  Not all TA's are aware of this and some are unwilling to add, but it can be done.  But you do have to call them to have princess plus added, it's not a simple click like when booking. 

4 hours ago, justafem said:

Utilizing this work around, the TA can also add it to a single person, even if the room is double (or more) occupancy. 

Are you sure? 

PP is allocated to the booking reference, not to individuals. 

On 10/27/2021 at 2:28 AM, shay1 said:

Trying to find information on the "Princess Plus" Free Premium Drinks, Free WiFi and Free Gratuities. Would appreciate anyone who has booked this with their cruise to tell us your experience and if you thought it was worth the extra cost. Please explain how it works.

Thank you,

Shay1

We’ve done 2 cruises with it added since the restart and thought it was a great deal. We’ve got another 2 cruises upcoming on Sky and Enchanted and we’ve added it to both of those. Would definitely recommend getting it

On 4/26/2022 at 7:03 AM, justafem said:

I tried my darnest to hit 15, I really tried.  Best I did was 12 in a single day. 

It's tough but if you have guests come to your cabin for a visit in the afternoon, it is possible 

• Haha 3

On 4/26/2022 at 7:03 AM, justafem said:

I tried my darnest to hit 15, I really tried.  Best I did was 12 in a single day.  But I took full advantage of the coffees and bottles of water.  

A trick some of us are learning is that your TA can add princess plus AFTER booking the cruise.  It's a coupon code, not a promo.  When manually added after booking it's always $40 per day per person.  So that high high price on the single supplement isn't really a thing if you know this trick.  Utilizing this work around, the TA can also add it to a single person, even if the room is double (or more) occupancy.  Not all TA's are aware of this and some are unwilling to add, but it can be done.  But you do have to call them to have princess plus added, it's not a simple click like when booking. 

Princess does not charge single cruisers a surcharge for P Plus - just the $40.  If you are seeing more than that, then chances are the Saver fare has been discounted and not the Plus fare.  You don't pay extra for Plus.

• Thanks 2

First, it is NOT free drinks, internet and crew gratuities.  It is a discounted package price for all of those items.

For us it depends on the cruise itinerary.  If in the tropics, it makes lots of sense for us.  If we are cruising Alaska, we drink much less.

As noted, it is better to build it into your cruise when you purchase it.  Princess prices out the two options for you, with and without.  You can easily divide by the number of days to get the daily cost.  

• Like 1

I have a question about Princess Plus if I may.
In the Medallion app, does it calculate how many of your alcoholic drinks you're up to for any day, so that I can check how close I am getting to 15? Or do we just have to scroll through the bill and add them up manually. If it doesn't tally up each days drinks (6am - 6am),  wouldn't this be a great feature for them to add. Thanks.

On 10/29/2021 at 4:27 AM, capriccio said:

Drinking 2 cocktails a day and a specialty coffee is enough to 'get your monies worth' from the beverage package.  No one is forcing anyone to drink 10 - 15 cocktails a day!  I would hazard a guess that relatively few people use their entire alcoholic drinks allowance in a day. 

I don't drink alcohol due to meds but I love coffee, hot chocolate and mocktails so I still benefit from the package.  

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

I have a question about Princess Plus if I may.
In the Medallion app, does it calculate how many of your alcoholic drinks you're up to for any day, so that I can check how close I am getting to 15? Or do we just have to scroll through the bill and add them up manually. If it doesn't tally up each days drinks (6am - 6am),  wouldn't this be a great feature for them to add. Thanks.

Neither...just ask any bartender and they will give you a count. And yes, it would be great to see it on the medallion app

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NRWPA said:

Neither...just ask any bartender and they will give you a count. And yes, it would be great to see it on the medallion app

I would think it'll be included in the app as soon as they work all the bugs out someday. We always order 2 double drinks at a time and are really not sure which name they bill it to.

It get to be a pain having to ask the bartenders each time.

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I would think it'll be included in the app as soon as they work all the bugs out someday. We always order 2 double drinks at a time and are really not sure which name they bill it to.

Ah yes, "when they work all the bugs out". I am really looking forward to that day, but I fear I may not have enough days left in my life.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Bwana Tom said:

Ah yes, "when they work all the bugs out". I am really looking forward to that day, but I fear I may not have enough days left in my life.

I honestly couldn't find any fault with the medallion app operation on the ship. At times they were a little slow delivering orders but they did find me eventually and that's not a medallion fault.

The location of cabin mates worked real good.

The door opening process worked OK.

Our celebrations were known at out DR table without having to tell them.

Getting on or off the ship worked.

The only fault that I can see is getting the app installed and working at home which leaves a lot to be desired.😉

• Thanks 1

I like to try different drinks which is fun with the drinks package - no pressure to like it.

I mostly liked the simplicity of not having to think about the bar bill. For me the $40 a day is worth it but much more than that would not be.

• Like 1

I love the Princess Plus because it lets me just relax and not think  about extras. I have recently booked Discovery Princess for Alaska and for whatever reason Princess Plus didnt show as option during booking. My PVP was able to add it to the booking for just $200 per person extra (total) for 7 day cruise. Great deal.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MissP22 said:

10 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I honestly couldn't find any fault with the medallion app operation on the ship. At times they were a little slow delivering orders but they did find me eventually and that's not a medallion fault.

The location of cabin mates worked real good.

The door opening process worked OK.

Our celebrations were known at out DR table without having to tell them.

Getting on or off the ship worked.

The only fault that I can see is getting the app installed and working at home which leaves a lot to be desired.😉

I would agree. If they could get all the bugs worked out prior to boarding. The major problems I have had are the ones getting the app loaded and working properly before getting on board. Every time I contact them for help getting the app working in preparation for the cruise the IT folks simply tell me "its just a bug in the system".....lots of bugs in the system.

• Like 1