Question for fellow passengers about RCCL Internet packages and usage

comfixit

For those that have recently used RCCL's internet where they limit you to a certain number of devices.

I'm sailing on an upcoming RCCL cruise this month. I am considering the Voom Surf + Stream Internet package - 1 Device.

Is this one device at a time (i.e. I can use on my phone while walking around and then later sign out and sign into my iPad in my stateroom) or is it one device per cruise (i.e. If I sign in with my phone I am not permitted to later use my iPad if I want to surf the internet on a bigger screen while in my stateroom)?

2 minutes ago, comfixit said:

For those that have recently used RCCL's internet where they limit you to a certain number of devices.

I'm sailing on an upcoming RCCL cruise this month. I am considering the Voom Surf + Stream Internet package - 1 Device.

Is this one device at a time (i.e. I can use on my phone while walking around and then later sign out and sign into my iPad in my stateroom) or is it one device per cruise (i.e. If I sign in with my phone I am not permitted to later use my iPad if I want to surf the internet on a bigger screen while in my stateroom)?

nope you can change to any other device, just can only be logged into one device at a time

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, comfixit said:

That is how I use my 1 device plan.  Phone when away from the room, iPad at the room.  It works easily.

You will be limited to 1 concurrent login , but can have as many devices you want to use.

If you forget to logoff a device , when you log into new device it will let you know another device is logged in and gives you option to kick other device off.

Very easy tp login and logoff. 

literally use these web address in browser :

login.com and logout.com (will direct you to their internal login page)

14 hours ago, alexgtp said:

If you forget to logoff a device , when you log into new device it will let you know another device is logged in and gives you option to kick other device off.

It depends.

One some ships, you log in, it automatically kicks off the other device.

My SO and I share a one device package.  MANY times, I have been kicked off because she logged in. 😄

• Haha 1

Any Internet package recommendations for a family of 4 adults? I am debating between buying a single "VOOM SURF + STREAM Internet Package - 4 Devices" which is $36/day and sharing the login so each person can have 1 device at a time, versus purchasing each person their own "VOOM SURF Internet Package - 1 Device," which is $11/day.

Four adults means four different phones in use pretty much all day long for texting between each other and, for the kids, their friends. I'm sure there will be other devices being used as well - computers, iPads, Nintendo Switch, etc.

I'd love your recommendations & suggestions.

12 minutes ago, Nike4000 said:

Any Internet package recommendations for a family of 4 adults? I am debating between buying a single "VOOM SURF + STREAM Internet Package - 4 Devices" which is $36/day and sharing the login so each person can have 1 device at a time, versus purchasing each person their own "VOOM SURF Internet Package - 1 Device," which is $11/day.

Four adults means four different phones in use pretty much all day long for texting between each other and, for the kids, their friends. I'm sure there will be other devices being used as well - computers, iPads, Nintendo Switch, etc.

It's a no-brainer. The 4 devices for $36 is cheaper than 4 devices for $44 and both packages will give you the same thing. And I think, with the 4 device package, you'll get 4 login passwords. You won't have to share

Edited by cruiseguy1016

22 minutes ago, Nike4000 said:

Your comparison was not apples-apples as you were comparing a 4 device Stream package to 4 one device Surf packages. As mentioned get the 4 device package, but the lower tier Surf may be enough for your needs.

The 4 device package you set up the user name and password.  And share with each person.

Each person needs to be careful that if they connect another device, it doesn't kick someone else off.  They should log off one device before log on from another device.,

Thank you all very much for your input!

@cruiseguy1016 you're 100% correct, from a price perspective it's a no-brainer. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Or that there were limitations on the 4 device plan I was unaware of.

@Biker19  Thanks for pointing that out, I totally missed that one is Surf & Stream, while the other is Surf only. The "VOOM SURF + STREAM Internet Package - 1 Device" is $15 per person, which makes it even less appealing as an option for each individual family member. 

@SRF Cool, I wasn't sure how it would work once onboard. Great suggestion about having the person log off on one device before signing in on a new one. I'm picturing a Keystone Cops situation where we're randomly getting signed out after someone tries signing in on another device and it just rotates around through the rest of us.