Glory or Valor?

helene109

Trying to figure out what the difference is between the 2 ships? We love cruising out of New Orleans. I think that the Glory has the Waterworks and no red frog pub am I missing anything else? Glory has interesting 6 day next year. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, hapytobehr said:

If you go on the Carnival website and go under explore ships, you can compare the 2.

If I'm not mistaken, they are sister ships with minor diferences.

Thanks I did that now trying to figure out if they both have the big screen on the lido deck.

I think I prefer Glory to Valor, but Valor does have the Red Frog Pub if you want that. I like Red Frog Pubs. They don't compete on itinerary, so pick the itinerary you want, and that tells you which ship you want. Glory mostly does 7 day cruises (certainly one reason I prefer it) and Valor mostly does 4/5 day itineraries. Age wise, they are one year apart.

• Like 2

If you are looking at the immediate future, the bartenders on Valor at the Red Frog Pub are great! Bartenders everywhere on the ship are great. Dining room staff was pretty lackluster though, but I was on the 2nd sailing since the restart. Both have excellent CDs. Really, choose based on the itinerary, besides Valor having a Red Frog Pub, there aren't really any differences.

• Like 2

Both are Conquest Class, and both are great vacations. We have been on the Valor several times from here in Galveston but our favorite between the two is the Glory. We cruised to Canada from Boston on her several years ago and then again on the Eastern Route a couple of years ago. The Ocean Suites on the Glory were really nice!

One.JPG

Thirteen.JPG

Twelve.JPG

Eleven.JPG

Ten.JPG

Seven.JPG

Six.JPG

Five.JPG

Four.JPG

Three.JPG

Two.JPG

• Thanks 2

On 11/22/2021 at 2:26 PM, helene109 said:

Trying to figure out what the difference is between the 2 ships? We love cruising out of New Orleans. I think that the Glory has the Waterworks and no red frog pub am I missing anything else? Glory has interesting 6 day next year. Thanks!

None. Sister ships. Different name and different colors, everything else is the same.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

Greg, those images I posted were from ones I took on the ship. Not sure what else you want...

Oh really. Take it as a compliment. I thought they were advertisements. I’ve never seen one of their pepperoni pizzas with cheese actually covering the entire pizza.

Edited by Saint Greg

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Oh really. Take it as a compliment. I thought they were advertisements. I’ve never seen one of their pepperoni pizzas with cheese actually covering the entire pizza.

One way is to order a 4 cheese pizza and add pepperoni, however the picture to me looks like half  pepperoni half cheese with extra cheese.

11 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

If only the pizza actually looked like that. 

64BCE9B4-9EBA-4D7B-88B3-5E3CBBA73694.thumb.jpeg.af0641e383296d29110b6ec4695cdf4e.jpeg

Sailed the Dream many times, then the Glory replaced Dream in New Orleans. Until about a year or so before the Glory replaced the Dream I loved the Pizza on the Dream. Then the pizza went to hell on the Dream. When the Dream left New Orleans we missed it badly. It was a wonderful ship. But we thought that at least we might again get good pizza out of it. No such luck. The pizza on the Glory was the same. In addition, it started taking forever to get one. They changed how they make them and we no longer get pizza, though I still try at least one each cruise to see if they have changed back. As of this last September they still suck; burnt edges but soggy crust elsewhere (exactly like a wet paper towel) and cheese only covering what you see in the picture. But Guy's is still great! The thing is, some places on any ship suck, but some places are great. It is just a matter of finding where it is great. Pizza ain't it on the Glory.

8 hours ago, icft said:

Sailed the Dream many times, then the Glory replaced Dream in New Orleans. Until about a year or so before the Glory replaced the Dream I loved the Pizza on the Dream. Then the pizza went to hell on the Dream. When the Dream left New Orleans we missed it badly. It was a wonderful ship. But we thought that at least we might again get good pizza out of it. No such luck. The pizza on the Glory was the same. In addition, it started taking forever to get one. They changed how they make them and we no longer get pizza, though I still try at least one each cruise to see if they have changed back. As of this last September they still suck; burnt edges but soggy crust elsewhere (exactly like a wet paper towel) and cheese only covering what you see in the picture. But Guy's is still great! The thing is, some places on any ship suck, but some places are great. It is just a matter of finding where it is great. Pizza ain't it on the Glory.

I liked the pizza when I first started cruising carnival. It was before they changed ovens and menus. It was when Elation was out of New Orleans. I used to get a sausage, onion, green pepper. Now I try to get a deli sandwich to stash in my room before they close so I don’t get stuck with pizza if I want a late night snack.

9 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

One way is to order a 4 cheese pizza and add pepperoni, however the picture to me looks like half  pepperoni half cheese with extra cheese.

yeah I’ve done both. Of course the Quattro is really a cheese stick. No pizza sauce. One time I ordered pepperoni and extra cheese and the cheese sort of floated off of the pizza on grease.

On 11/24/2021 at 8:40 PM, Saint Greg said:

Ha! it is a rarity. The Dream and most recently the Breeze pizza didn't measure up.

See you at sea. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 8:12 AM, Saint Greg said:

yeah I’ve done both. Of course the Quattro is really a cheese stick. No pizza sauce. One time I ordered pepperoni and extra cheese and the cheese sort of floated off of the pizza on grease.

No tomato sauce but it does have garlic.

45 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Perhaps to you. Four cheese pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms added is like heaven on earth. You can keep Guy's.

I'd rather have guys or the deli open late at night but I actually like the MDR burgers better than Guy's burgers.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I'd rather have guys or the deli open late at night but I actually like the MDR burgers better than Guy's burgers.

I could accept the old Deli, but not the new version. I might have to order a MDR burger to see if they still make them - I imagine they have to for kids.