Carnival Shareholders OBC

PekingeseLady

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

And everyone going at least one mile an hour over a clearly posted speed limit gets a ticket. 🤣 The  point is that may be the written rule, but until now the part you highlighted has not been enforced. And from reading and posting in other cruise line forums owned by Carnival Corporation and thus subject to the same rules, the part you have highlighted is not enforced, only the first part.

Does everyone committing murder get arrested?

In any event, Carnival rules and Carnival's decision to enforce or not. Other cruise lines under the Carnival Corp umbrella are a diversion and irrelevant. Another false equivalence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Does everyone committing murder get arrested?

In any event, Carnival rules and Carnival's decision to enforce or not. Other cruise lines under the Carnival Corp umbrella are a diversion and irrelevant. Another false equivalence.

Same corporation, same policy passed by the board of directors. How is that a false equivalence?

I noticed you have not responded to the post just before yours that no one pays full brochure price. If no one pays full price, what is the purpose of the shareholder OBC policy as passed by the board of directors of the corporation if it applies to no one?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Same corporation, same policy passed by the board of directors. How is that a false equivalence?

Each cruise line operates independently. We can start with no other cruise line has VIFP offers, an identical loyalty program, cruise rate structure, etc., ad nauseum.

2 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I noticed you have not responded to the post just before yours that no one pays full brochure price. If no one pays full price, what is the purpose of the shareholder OBC policy as passed by the board of directors of the corporation if it applies to no one?

It applies to me and I've never paid full price.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Each cruise line operates independently. We can start with no other cruise line has VIFP offers, an identical loyalty program, cruise rate structure, etc., ad nauseum.

It applies to me and I've never paid full price.

None of those other things you have mentioned apply to a specific policy set by the Carnival Corporation Board of Directors.

I guess they have special exception for cheerleaders, only possible explanation.

• Haha 1

Just now, ontheweb said:

None of those other things you have mentioned apply to a specific policy set by the Carnival Corporation Board of Directors.

If it truly were a corporate policy, you would request the benefit from corporate and not each cruise line.

Just now, ontheweb said:

I guess they have special exception for cheerleaders, only possible explanation.

another explanation is they exclude jeerleaders. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

If it truly were a corporate policy, you would request the benefit from corporate and not each cruise line

Reaching for straws???? You can do better than that. Of  course, it is a corporate policy, it is passed by the corporate board of directors. 

• Haha 1

Actually, I think Carnival has been generous up to this point with their shareholder OBC.  I have owned Royal Caribbean & NCL stock in the past, and have sold both because their OBC is not available for most rates (I never pay full rate either!).  With the turbulance in the cruise industry, not counting the stock market, it is up to the cruise line to "stay afloat".  PS- Did you see what happened to the stock price on Wednesday?  Tanked!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brownc424 said:

The "reduced-rate" line is ignored because it is virtually, if not literally, impossible to book a full price cruise with Carnival. Go ahead and try to book at the brochure price. You'll find that even without a VIPF number, without listing your state or country and choosing the highest available rate you'll still get anywhere from a 25-50% "discount" on the full advertised rate.

The simple manner is if you book any rate that is obtainable by ANYONE, then you will get the OBC.  If you get a special rate that is limited to you via your VIFP number, then you are not eligible.  

42 minutes ago, vwrestler171 said:

The simple manner is if you book any rate that is obtainable by ANYONE, then you will get the OBC.  If you get a special rate that is limited to you via your VIFP number, then you are not eligible.  

True…but really the only ones who pay a full fare are maybe new cruisers who don’t yet have a VIFP . But how many brand new cruisers own CCL stock? I would imagine not many

12 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

True…but really the only ones who pay a full fare are maybe new cruisers who don’t yet have a VIFP . But how many brand new cruisers own CCL stock? I would imagine not many

Discount fares are available to everyone - e.g. Early Savers.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Discount fares are available to everyone - e.g. Early Savers.

And they have come out and said that Early Savers will get the OBC.  Only people that will not get the OBC is people who used a VIFP rate outside of the rebooking rate that is available within 2 weeks after a cruise.

17 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Let me make an analogy you might understand. There are several cruise lines that are owned by the Carnival Corporation. They make their own rules, but are subject to corporate rules. There are 50 states in the United States of America. They all have their own laws, but are subject to federal law. For instance there is a federal minimum wage law. Do some states have their own minimum wage law, yes they do. They can make a minimum wage law setting a higher minimum wage since that does not violate the federal minimum, but they cannot set a lower minimum wage since that would violate the federal law.

BTW, in another response you claimed Carnival is different because it is the only one with a VIPF  number. But, if you have ever been on another cruise line, both thise owned by the Carnival Corporation or thise not part of the Carnival corporate family, you will find you also have a past passenger number. Just because they have a different name for it does not make any real difference.

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2021 at 11:18 AM, pinto18 said:

It’s pretty new , although supposedly it’s always been the policy . We got the OBC for our October cruise but just denied for our February cruise ..

I am a shareholder and never knew about getting OBC. How does one go about asking for this?

8 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Let me make an analogy you might understand. There are several cruise lines that are owned by the Carnival Corporation. They make their own rules, but are subject to corporate rules. There are 50 states in the United States of America. They all have their own laws, but are subject to federal law. For instance there is a federal minimum wage law. Do some states have their own minimum wage law, yes they do. They can make a minimum wage law setting a higher minimum wage since that does not violate the federal minimum, but they cannot set a lower minimum wage since that would violate the federal law.

BTW, in another response you claimed Carnival is different because it is the only one with a VIPF  number. But, if you have ever been on another cruise line, both thise owned by the Carnival Corporation or thise not part of the Carnival corporate family, you will find you also have a past passenger number. Just because they have a different name for it does not make any real difference.

More false equivalence. You just can't help it, can you?  

If you have ever cruised on another cruise line under they Carnival umbrella you know they are different and by design. Product differentiation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

More false equivalence. You just can't help it, can you?  

If you have ever cruised on another cruise line under they Carnival umbrella you know they are different and by design. Product differentiation.

Is there anything else in your vocabulary than "false equivalence"?

Yes, I have cruised on 5 different lines, some owned by Carnival Corporation, some not.

And here's another one that you can claim false equivalence. Chevrolet and Cadillac are both owned by General Motors. They are different by design, product differentiation. But, they both have the same labor contract with the UAW.

Carnival does not have a separate board of directors making separate rules for Carnival, Princess, Holland America, etc. What will it take to get you to understand that. They each have some freedom to make rules, but they each must follow the policies passed by the Carnival Board of Directors.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Is there anything else in your vocabulary than "false equivalence"?

Yes, I have cruised on 5 different lines, some owned by Carnival Corporation, some not.

And here's another one that you can claim false equivalence. Chevrolet and Cadillac are both owned by General Motors. They are different by design, product differentiation. But, they both have the same labor contract with the UAW.

Carnival does not have a separate board of directors making separate rules for Carnival, Princess, Holland America, etc. What will it take to get you to understand that. They each have some freedom to make rules, but they each must follow the policies passed by the Carnival Board of Directors.

You beat me to it. False equivalence. Union contracts have nothing to do with shareholder OBC. Just more off topic nonsense.

Corporate provides funding and expected ROI for each cruise line and leaves it up to the individual cruise lines (and their management teams) as to how to achieve that ROI. How is Carnival Cruise lines not following the rules for shareholder OBC? Short answer - Carnival IS following the guidelines.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

You beat me to it. False equivalence. Union contracts have nothing to do with shareholder OBC. Just more off topic nonsense.

Corporate provides funding and expected ROI for each cruise line and leaves it up to the individual cruise lines (and their management teams) as to how to achieve that ROI. How is Carnival Cruise lines not following the rules for shareholder OBC? Short answer - Carnival IS following the guidelines.

OK, Mr. each cruise line can do anything they want, can you answer this?

Why are all the cruise lines owned by the Carnival Corporation allowing $50 OBC for cruises less than 7 days, $100 OBC for cruises 7-13 days, and $250 OBC for cruises 14 days and over rather than setting their own rules? 

Hint, try as an answer that they are all subject to the policies as set by the Carnival Board of Directors.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Why are all the cruise lines owned by the Carnival Corporation allowing $50 OBC for cruises less than 7 days, $100 OBC for cruises 7-13 days, and $250 OBC for cruises 14 days and over rather than setting their own rules? 

Hint, try as an answer that they are all subject to the policies as set by the Carnival Board of Directors.

You are mistaken. The OBC can be in one of 4 different currencies. Try again, please.

In any event, corporate "policies" have enough leeway to allow cruise lines to interpret differently. You have already proven this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Bless your heart!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

You are mistaken. The OBC can be in one of 4 different currencies. Try again, please.

In any event, corporate "policies" have enough leeway to allow cruise lines to interpret differently. You have already proven this.

What difference does it make that they can be paid in different currencies. All the cruise lines under Carnival Corporation pay the same amount because it is corporate policy. Even for you this is a stretch.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

What difference does it make that they can be paid in different currencies. All the cruise lines under Carnival Corporation pay the same amount because it is corporate policy. Even for you this is a stretch.

No, they don't. 100GBP is much more than 100USD. About $133USD. The absurdity of some of your arguments and inability to stay focused on the topic disqualified you from further discussion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not to throw more gas on the flames, but Princess Cruise Line gives a $250 OBC for veterans all year long (this $ amount may be only for cruises of 14 days or more - that happens to be the one I'm booked on).  At least Carnival and Holland America do NOT offer anything like this.  I haven't checked on any of the other line under Carnival Corp's umbrella. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

No, they don't. 100GBP is much more than 100USD. About $133USD. The absurdity of some of your arguments and inability to stay focused on the topic disqualified you from further discussion. 

what cruiseline charges tips in GBP?

Are you actually typing that with a straight face? How can anyone stay on topic when you constantly change the topic? I am picturing you posting like this.🤪

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

You are the one who is absurd beyone belief. My main argument has been all along that Carnival cruise line along with all the other cruise lines owned by Carnival Corporation are subject to the rules laid down by the corporate board of directors. As best I can figure out what you have been writing, you seem to be arguing since each line has some flexibility to make its own rules, they are not bound at all by the rules set forth by the corporate board of directors. THAT IS ABSURD.