So can anyone tell what dinner at Eden is like on the Apex.

wolfepackin

I am excited to try it in January.  The itinerary has already been swapped out but really there to see the ship and try the specialty restaurants.  Can’t wait!  I am more looking forward to the steakhouse than Eden I have to admit.

6 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

I am excited to try it in January.  The itinerary has already been swapped out but really there to see the ship and try the specialty restaurants.  Can’t wait!  I am more looking forward to the steakhouse than Eden I have to admit.

We were underwhelmed by Fine Cut Steakhouse on the Edge.  The tables were very close together, it was so noisy ( no we were not seated on the Grand the Foyer side) we couldn’t hear the waiter and he couldn’t hear us.  Food was good but nothing special.

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

We were underwhelmed by Fine Cut Steakhouse on the Edge.  The tables were very close together, it was so noisy ( no we were not seated on the Grand the Foyer side) we couldn’t hear the waiter and he couldn’t hear us.  Food was good but nothing special.

Oh no… I am sorry to hear that… yikes and I bought the 4 night package too.  I am not a big fan of le petit chef because it seems so gimmicky but now I might have to look at the food closely…

Boy, I loved reading through these posts! We dined at Eden on the Apex last week during our Thanksgiving cruise. And Loved It!! The best I’ve had at sea. We’d done Eden on the Edge prior to COVID when it was a very special experience. Enjoyed it, but love the current setup. 

Yes, did the Lobster Casserole. I was afraid it was going to be a bread mix and it was just lobster piled up with a huge claw on the top. I also had the Crab Cakes. I lived on the Chesapeake and use to say, ‘don’t have crapcakes outside of Maryland!’….And I am wrong - do these. It’s almost just crab with a smooth yogurt as the binder. Beyond fantastic.

I usually don’t think I post about dining except how to use various restaurants and don’t discuss specific dishes because it sooooo individual. But Eden is worth stepping out and saying Dine There!

We did dine at the 4 MDRs and loved them, but Eden is well worth it. We also dined at Raw on Five which is al carte and had had the outstanding raw oysters and the mussels. Home runs. Try the Salmon Adobe also. OK enough. I just had dinner and this is making me hungry…..and missing the Apex! 

All enjoy. The E-Class ships have fantastic dining. Don’t forget to try the Eden Cafe which is open at sea only for breakfast and lunch. Fun…….OK Now That is enough! 

Den

• Like 4

I already reserved Eden on Beyond for our Caribbean cruise in late October. Originally I reserved 8pm then I saw preview videos of the ship and saw all the beautiful windows in the space. It occurred to me we won’t be able to see the ocean at 8 pm so I changed the time to 6pm.  Hopefully we’ll see the sea during our appetizers and watch the sun set while we eat our entrees. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

I already reserved Eden on Beyond for our Caribbean cruise in late October. Originally I reserved 8pm then I saw preview videos of the ship and saw all the beautiful windows in the space. It occurred to me we won’t be able to see the ocean at 8 pm so I changed the time to 6pm.  Hopefully we’ll see the sea during our appetizers and watch the sun set while we eat our entrees. 

Wise move! May I suggest you get there a few minutes before 6 as those tables for 2 by the window are very few, but the views are great!!

• Thanks 2

On 11/25/2021 at 9:28 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

I have to agree, those dishes don't look very appetizing at all.

Luckily, we didn't try any of the items you mentioned at either of our sittings on the Apex last week. We had the Mulligatawny Soup (twice), the Lobster Casserole (twice), Filet Mignon and Mini Short Rib Wellington (first time) and Free Range Lamb Loin (second time). And for dessert my DW had the Azteca Chocolate Pie (twice) and I had the Cream Brulee (first time) and the Azteca Chocolate Pie (second time). In addition, they have now added a Crab Cake to the Appetizers section which was truly the best crab cake I have ever eaten. Imagine using your fork to pull down on the side of a crab cake and all that "tumbled" out was individual pieces of crab meat!

As far as wine goes, I had the premium beverage package. On the Apex I ordered the more expensive glass of German Riesling Kabinett and it was quite tasty. OTOH when we were eating at the Eden on the Edge back in August the sommelier tried to bring me some of the cheap Riesling. But once I reminded her I had purchased the premium beverage package, she returned with the good stuff.

But, as many have said many times before, food taste can be very subjective. 😎

Ken, your experience sounds quite different from Eden on Edge. We ate there twice in 2920, just before the shut down. It was very much a tasting menu, two choices for each course, and each dish was just a tiny bit bigger than 2 bites. Quite good, especially within shipboard constraints and beautifully presented - more so the first time than the s3cond. Definitely an experience to savor. The menu, though, seems different.

Our wine pairings were not expensive ones, but quite well chosen. 

13 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Ken, your experience sounds quite different from Eden on Edge. We ate there twice in 2920, just before the shut down. It was very much a tasting menu, two choices for each course, and each dish was just a tiny bit bigger than 2 bites. Quite good, especially within shipboard constraints and beautifully presented - more so the first time than the s3cond. Definitely an experience to savor. The menu, though, seems different.

Our wine pairings were not expensive ones, but quite well chosen. 

It was, but then we were on the Edge in August and the quality and variety of ingredients might have been a little hard to come by during the Delta surge. But we were definitely wowed by our Apex experience in November, especially by the Crab Cake (not listed on the menu at post#11), the lobster casserole and the Azteca chocolate pie for dessert; none of which were on the Eden menu on the Edge.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

It was, but then we were on the Edge in August and the quality and variety of ingredients might have been a little hard to come by during the Delta surge. But we were definitely wowed by our Apex experience in November, especially by the Crab Cake (not listed on the menu at post#11), the lobster casserole and the Azteca chocolate pie for dessert; none of which were on the Eden menu on the Edge.

Yeah, the Apex menu sounds a little more conventional, (approachable?) for the lack of a better term… it sounds amazing and I hope to have at least 2 opportunities or try it in 2022. I didn’t want people to think the menus are the same. Your point about Covid and supplies is important, who knows what changes they have been forced to make!

And we thought Eden was fantastic, so good that we booked a second dinner on the same one week cruise. So glad we did, we had no idea it would be over a year before we cruised again!

Fine Cut, though was a disappointment 

Edited by cangelmd
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask, do you remember what you ate. Just curious.

Had the crab cakes which was good. Soup was different not my cup of soup had the Filet and short rib Wellington filet was okay the short rib couple of little pieces were dry. And the tiny little vegetable that went on the plate were hard to find. Don’t think they know how to make a hot baked potato on the whole ship.