So can anyone tell what dinner at Eden is like on the Apex.

wolfepackin

1st time cruiser on the Apex.

So a question about the Eden restaurant

Have seen several pre-covid youtubes showing dinners with some different floor shows going on, and then I have post Covid videos more showing the Eden dinner as more an exotic food restaurant.  So from a recent traveler what is dining at Eden like??

Many thanks

MIke

We just got off the Apex on a B2B and ate twice in the Eden restaurant. It was fantastic! We highly recommend the crab cake as a starter along with the hot soup (forget the names other than it was long) and the lobster casserole! But more importantly, book it as soon as you can precruise as the reservations go quickly as they only fill the restaurant to 50-60% capacity to make sure everyone has a great time!

Mike, we dined in EDEN on September 26, while on the Apex cruise in Greece. It was fantastic and such a delicious and fun experience. We had no ‘show’, just wonderful food, ambience, and a very special dinner.

Our servers (Jakub from Poland and Larysa from Ukraine… not sure if they are still on) were excellent at explaining each dish, since there are some unique food choices and combinations. We shared 4 apps (Bazaar Bowl, Sheep’s Milk Gnocchi, Truffled Huit la coche risotto, Pan roasted carabinero shrimp) and 3 entrees (Nova Scotia lobster casserole, Atlantic salmon, and the Filet Mignon & mini shortrib wellington (that @Ken the cruisermentioned). Dessert was a Meyer lemon tart for me, and I forgot to write down what my husband had. I will attach a couple of pics, even though I’m not an expert food photographer.

It was our favorite specialty restaurant experience on Celebrity in our 13 cruises with them 👍🏻

56A358A6-729F-42B3-BC91-A75C0AF4E6FB.jpeg

F5504EFB-1AD9-4A88-A50B-551163211961.jpeg

9DCDFF63-3FF6-4081-A711-9F520FCD7DD2.jpeg

3362D7A6-6BEF-499F-8454-6AF6FBFA8960.jpeg

11BA0C2B-C19E-472A-BDD4-E61AE4630BB3.jpeg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, WeBcruisingMN said:

Our servers (Jakub from Poland and Larysa from Ukraine… not sure if they are still on) were excellent at explaining each dish, since there are some unique food choices and combinations. We shared 4 apps (Bazaar Bowl, Sheep’s Milk Gnocchi, Truffled Huit la coche risotto, Pan roasted carabinero shrimp) and 3 entrees (Nova Scotia lobster casserole, Atlantic salmon, and the Filet Mignon & mini shortrib wellington (that @Ken the cruisermentioned). Dessert was a Meyer lemon tart for me, and I forgot to write down what my husband had. I will attach a couple of pics, even though I’m not an expert food photographer.

It was our favorite specialty restaurant experience on Celebrity in our 13 cruises with them 👍🏻

100% agree that Eden was the best specialty restaurant experience on Apex.

P.S. - Jakub is no longer on the ship. He went back to Poland in October. Larysa was still there as of last week. Retreat Concierge also mentioned that most of the original crew from Apex are all planning to move to the Beyond together so you will probably get to see them on Beyond next year.

Edited by ETHTrader
  • Like 1

We ate in Eden on the Edge a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it.  No show at this time, but food was fantastic.  The first night of the cruise there was a 2 for 1 special.  We were on a B2B, so took advantage of the first night of our second leg.  There were other specials throughout the week, I just don't remember what they were.  This was when the ships were very low capacity, so things may change.  

Everyone we talked to on the Edge was thinking they were heading to the Beyond too.  Seems like the Beyond will be well staffed.  

Now, I am curious.  I dined in Eden’s on the Apex, but I have never been in the Edge.  Isn’t the space designed differently?

it did not seem to me that you would be able to see the show while dining on the Apex as it would be overhead.  
We really loved the massive window aft view. 

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Now, I am curious.  I dined in Eden’s on the Apex, but I have never been in the Edge.  Isn’t the space designed differently?

it did not seem to me that you would be able to see the show while dining on the Apex as it would be overhead.  
We really loved the massive window aft view. 

Actually the Eden restaurant on the Edge is downstairs just like on the Apex. So just like on the Apex, you can “hear” any entertainment happening on the floor above, you just can’t see it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Actually the Eden restaurant on the Edge is downstairs just like on the Apex. So just like on the Apex, you can “hear” any entertainment happening on the floor above, you just can’t see it.

Thank you.  

• Like 1

I think we must be the only people who were not impressed with Eden on Apex. There was nothing special about it; the gnocchi was inedible. The steak was ok, the wine they served was possibly the cheapest bottle on the ship and we never saw it offered in any of the dining rooms: the lemon pudding was nice though! 
We won’t bother going back! 

99476096-497D-49F2-9CA9-6979A825E9AE.jpeg

0F26528D-F49B-4420-A2C1-981952E90006.jpeg

441E48F3-387C-4B06-8F38-8CBEB0767DAA.jpeg

C407D5BE-7850-433C-9DD4-B9779B942562.jpeg

DD3A84A4-960D-4580-8299-695E339EDEE7.jpeg

DC845293-CE60-450F-857E-6A2A0F06C930.jpeg

Was on the Edge in July, best food on the ship.  Assuming the experience is the same, you sort of receive a quick tour and welcome drink prior to sitting, it was an unique touch.

I asked if they had any eden cafe cookies (on the Edge available during lunch hours) and they were able to get me one.

4 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Was on the Edge in July, best food on the ship.  Assuming the experience is the same, you sort of receive a quick tour and welcome drink prior to sitting, it was an unique touch.

I asked if they had any eden cafe cookies (on the Edge available during lunch hours) and they were able to get me one.

Agree.  Dined in EDEN twice.  Probably a top 3 dining experience, land or sea.  Excellent food and excellent service in a beautiful atmosphere.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

I think we must be the only people who were not impressed with Eden on Apex. There was nothing special about it; the gnocchi was inedible. The steak was ok, the wine they served was possibly the cheapest bottle on the ship and we never saw it offered in any of the dining rooms: the lemon pudding was nice though! 

I have to agree, those dishes don't look very appetizing at all.

Luckily, we didn't try any of the items you mentioned at either of our sittings on the Apex last week. We had the Mulligatawny Soup (twice), the Lobster Casserole (twice), Filet Mignon and Mini Short Rib Wellington (first time) and Free Range Lamb Loin (second time). And for dessert my DW had the Azteca Chocolate Pie (twice) and I had the Cream Brulee (first time) and the Azteca Chocolate Pie (second time). In addition, they have now added a Crab Cake to the Appetizers section which was truly the best crab cake I have ever eaten. Imagine using your fork to pull down on the side of a crab cake and all that "tumbled" out was individual pieces of crab meat!

As far as wine goes, I had the premium beverage package. On the Apex I ordered the more expensive glass of German Riesling Kabinett and it was quite tasty. OTOH when we were eating at the Eden on the Edge back in August the sommelier tried to bring me some of the cheap Riesling. But once I reminded her I had purchased the premium beverage package, she returned with the good stuff.

But, as many have said many times before, food taste can be very subjective. 😎

39 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

33 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Agree.  Dined in EDEN twice.  Probably a top 3 dining experience, land or sea.  Excellent food and excellent service in a beautiful atmosphere.

Just curious, but did the Eden dinner menu you saw on the Edge back in July look as diverse as the menu @little britainprovided above? The one we saw on the Edge back in August had "boxes" and was very limited in the selections, unlike the one we saw on the Apex.

To be honest our experience at the Eden on the Edge, after going twice, left us with a feeling that we never wanted to go back. It wasn't until we saw the more diverse Apex menu and were totally wowed by all of the diversity that we decided to give them a try again, and we were definitely glad we did.

The menu on Edge was different than the menu on the Apex.  I didn’t care for the menu on the Edge back in 2019 so was excited when someone posted the Eden menu from the Apex and it was different.  I mistakenly though they had changed thecmenu for both ships, not so at not in October.

25 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just curious, but did the Eden dinner menu you saw on the Edge back in July look as diverse as the menu @little britainprovided above? The one we saw on the Edge back in August had "boxes" and was very limited in the selections, unlike the one we saw on the Apex.

To be honest our experience at the Eden on the Edge, after going twice, left us with a feeling that we never wanted to go back. It wasn't until we saw the more diverse Apex menu and were totally wowed by all of the diversity that we decided to give them a try again, and we were definitely glad we did.

Was boxes or to put it another way, a left and a right column, the idea is you pick your courses from either the left or right side although I'd imagine you may be able to get both a left and right side course.

Edit, found my Edge menuedge_19_ip-6704.thumb.jpg.4ea459d8ad7e8e50978c77ca14c4e797.jpg

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Was boxes or to put it another way, a left and a right column, the idea is you pick your courses from either the left or right side although I'd imagine you may be able to get both a left and right side course.

Yup, that's what I remember too. I also remember the waiter recommending "left, right, right, left" and not to deviate as those in his opinion were the best choices. I ordered the same way both times, but on the second visit my DW choose "left, left, right, left." As I said, not many options. 

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

That is the Edge Eden original menu and it is still the menu as of October.

Our Apex CD, Lauren, who was also the CD on our Edge cruise said this new Eden menu was being evaluated on the Apex and will probably be released to all Edge class ships sometime in the near future. 🤞

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Our Apex CD, Lauren, who was also the CD on our Edge cruise said this new Eden menu was being evaluated on the Apex and will probably be released to all Edge class ships sometime in the near future. 🤞

Did they happen to mention anything about the EDEN shows (not bands)?  Seems like the shows greatly evolved overtime going from all evening long every night with forced interaction to interaction optional to shows on select times/days only.

14 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Did they happen to mention anything about the EDEN shows (not bands)?  Seems like the shows greatly evolved overtime going from all evening long every night with forced interaction to interaction optional to shows on select times/days only.

I think the shows on Edge were late evening entertainment.  On our last Edge cruise, Jan. ‘20, there were only one or two shows.

32 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I know on our Apex cruise last week, they had two separate casts, one for the main theater and one for the Eden shows who also performed one night in The Club in a show called "Caravan".

caravan.jpeg.2eef7f6f1c5e5f5583f3bae891a65c42.jpeg

In the Eden I believe they had 3 production shows, two of which were really good. The one below was called "Night of Dreams" that included many of the Alice in Wonderland characters. BTW if you look in the back of the below picture where you see the windows, the Eden restaurant for those that don't know is one floor down and there is no ceiling so the music flows directly down to you while you're eating.

542927021_alice1.jpeg.f821a53d64cda996e0657d607ca48d78.jpeg

They also had a "tree" created for the Tree of Life show in the main theater that cost over $1.2 million to make.

428881760_treeoflife.jpeg.27e7e328a99e6483ffe17c9891397d97.jpeg

From what I understand the Apex cost over $1.2 billion to make and they're definitely not holding back when it comes to making some pretty cool shows!!

I also heard the plan is to create a total of 5 Edge class ships with the 4th one, Celebrity Ascent, just being announced.

Cruise News: Celebrity Cuts Steel, Reveals Name of Next Edge-Class Ship (cruiseradio.net)

Edited by Ken the cruiser

On 11/25/2021 at 8:14 AM, little britain said:

I agree ate in Eden last week on Apex. Okay 

nothing special food was cold. Where’s my Murano