Royal's ships 2023/24

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Does anyone know if  Lelepa will be a dock or tender pier in the beginning? 

What ever the plans were ,I say it’s a tender now.

Why are al the people in this photo wearing hazmat suits? Maybe Graham might know.

IMG_0731.thumb.png.7a4d83d02ae9460c2d3353faa17683ad.png

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Why are al the people in this photo wearing hazmat suits? Maybe Graham might know.

They are just the ghosts of Lelepa past, present & future. 🤣

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

If they are staff, it could be to protect them from “some” obnoxious guests.

Edited by gbenjo
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I didn't spot the red carpet.

10 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I didn't spot the red carpet.

Nah, it’s a bit like calling every second rugby league  player a  “ super star” . They have to earn it  . 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

Apparently ship emission reductions becomes mandatory in March next year . From what I understand they have only been voluntary.

I found a good video from Royal Caribbean on how they are going to reduce emissions.

Also here’s a picture of the electric plugs the use to plug into shore power pretty awesome.

.IMG_0744.thumb.png.6bb27036e3115705be49c33507f3a32e.png

On 11/6/2023 at 7:18 AM, springaussie said:

Does anyone know if  Lelepa will be a dock or tender pier in the beginning? 

Currently on Brilliance Glen and on the ship T.V.   .The next cruise channel is spruiking Lelepa .

So it must be still in the pipeline.

41 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Currently on Brilliance Glen and on the ship T.V.   .The next cruise channel is spruiking Lelepa .

So it must be still in the pipeline.

How is Brilliance Chili? Illness prevented us from our October cruise, so eagerly awaiting our December cruise. Can you tell me who is the Diamond Concierge too? Did you get the invite to the Opera House function, we didn’t go as not a great deal of notice? Thanks Cheryle

Edited by resordanis

9 minutes ago, resordanis said:

How is Brilliance Chili? Illness prevented us from our October cruise, so eagerly awaiting our December cruise. Can you tell me who is the Diamond Concierge too? Did you get the invite to the Opera House function, we didn’t go as not a great deal of notice? Thanks Cheryle

Brilliance is great Cheryl starting to show it’s age in places but a relief from Quantum class.
Concierge is Hayley she checks everyone coming in and writes their name in a ledger for some reason. But she is very nice.

No invite to the Opera house,what was it ? I’m probably not that important.

26 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Brilliance is great Cheryl starting to show it’s age in places but a relief from Quantum class.
Concierge is Hayley she checks everyone coming in and writes their name in a ledger for some reason. But she is very nice.

No invite to the Opera house,what was it ? I’m probably not that important.

The Opera House was a function for Diamond + Pinnacle and World Cruises 10/11. Drinks, nibbles and a concert. Very nice, but we didn’t go. Totally agree, no more Quantum Class for us. Is the Diamond Lounge now the Crown Lounge?

Enjoy your cruise.

16 hours ago, resordanis said:

The Opera House was a function for Diamond + Pinnacle and World Cruises 10/11. Drinks, nibbles and a concert. Very nice, but we didn’t go. Totally agree, no more Quantum Class for us. Is the Diamond Lounge now the Crown Lounge?

Enjoy your cruise.

Crown lounge with extra smoked salmon 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

Chilli did Brilliance make it to Kangaroo Island? 

Yes ,the weather has been calm.

The first time to Kangaroo island and I was pretty unimpressed. It’s just any rural Australian town by the sea . Every thing was boarded up and closed.
I went there Glen ,so I could tell not to bother . Adelaide was way better.

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Yes ,the weather has been calm.

The first time to Kangaroo island and I was pretty unimpressed. It’s just any rural Australian town by the sea . Every thing was boarded up and closed.
I went there Glen ,so I could tell not to bother . Adelaide was way better.

That is a shame, as Kangaroo Island is a really beautiful place, but  it is the third biggest island in Australia.  Before the bad bush fires, we used to stay there annually in accommodation on both ends of the island (Penneshaw, on north east coast of Dudley Peninsula, near the ferry terminal, and at Flinders Chase National Park at the opposite end of the island).  Whilst at Penneshaw we would tour the beautiful Dudley Peninsula - beaches, parks, winery, cafe with spectacular views, lighthouse.  It has it all for day trippers without the long boring distances.  The tourist information at Penneshaw sells local products, which saves you driving to all the individual places throughout the island.  If you have a week or two for a holiday, there are other beautiful places to stay, which we do on day tours from our accommodation. 

Do you know why everything was boarded up and closed?  Maybe they are still being effected by the bushfires. 

7 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

That is a shame, as Kangaroo Island is a really beautiful place, but  it is the third biggest island in Australia.  Before the bad bush fires, we used to stay there annually in accommodation on both ends of the island (Penneshaw, on north east coast of Dudley Peninsula, near the ferry terminal, and at Flinders Chase National Park at the opposite end of the island).  Whilst at Penneshaw we would tour the beautiful Dudley Peninsula - beaches, parks, winery, cafe with spectacular views, lighthouse.  It has it all for day trippers without the long boring distances.  The tourist information at Penneshaw sells local products, which saves you driving to all the individual places throughout the island.  If you have a week or two for a holiday, there are other beautiful places to stay, which we do on day tours from our accommodation. 

Do you know why everything was boarded up and closed?  Maybe they are still being effected by the bushfires. 

We went on a ship tour to Kingscote ,the lady said a lot of people are moving to the mainland. Not for the lack of work but lack of services and the the cost.

It is nice but just another rural area.