Useful Cruise Related Stocking Stuffers/Gifts

SeattleAl

Hi folks. We have an Alaska cruise coming up this summer for my whole family and I'm looking for suggestions for stocking stuffers or gifts to give at Christmas. I'm not so much looking for trinkets as much as useful, utilitarian stuff. What things have been helpful to you that would make good gifts? Thanks!

CorgieStockingK1210.jpg

• Like 1

Magnetic wall hooks. 
Lanyards for the cruise card,

passport/vaccination card wallet.

Ponchos / rain gear (Alaska is wet)

Travel binoculars.

Base layer clothing (Alaska can get chilly)

Insect repellent (Alaska’s state bird during the cruise season is the Mosquito)

Warm Hat

Scarf

Dry bag for cell phone.

chap stick

gloves

wicking socks.

powered usb hun for charging electronic devices. 

Edited by binro01
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, SeattleAl said:

Hi folks. We have an Alaska cruise coming up this summer for my whole family and I'm looking for suggestions for stocking stuffers or gifts to give at Christmas. I'm not so much looking for trinkets as much as useful, utilitarian stuff. What things have been helpful to you that would make good gifts? Thanks!

CorgieStockingK1210.jpg

When we took our Alaska cruise, I went online and bought everyone jackets that had Alaska embroidered on the chest. For another cruise, I got everyone(couple) a small backpack and put some of the items listed by Binro01. Lanyards, luggage tag holders, insect repellent, rain poncho, hand sanitizer, small first aid kit, sun screen...

These or similar are great gift. 

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Facilitate-Kitchen-Workplace-Office/dp/B08K35SM33/ref=asc_df_B08K35SM33/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=533588271047&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14694709845411678465&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007206&hvtargid=pla-1419630334440&psc=1

We use ours all the time to hang belts, dry our bathing suits, etc etc.

Cruise luggage tag holders in another good one.

Small packing cubes for accessories are nice for travel.  Store phone chargers, small flight light, earbuds, etc etc

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

Handwarmers

Women’s small wallet on a strap - holds cash, sea pass cards and credit cards. You can wear it around your neck like a lanyard or stash in a pocket. I found mine at Target. I use at the pool and at port when I don’t want to take a long wallet or purse.

Starbucks Via to make a good cup of instant coffee in your stateroom

• Like 1

Sonicare has a new battery operated toothbrush - they are $15, come with a case & a AAA battery, and they say the battery will last for 3 months of use.  That's one of our handy-cruise/travel-item stocking stuffers this year!

We are also hooked on packing cubes in an assortment of sizes for organizing our clothing and stuff.  (Using them is like putting drawers in your suitcase...easy to access whatever you need and easy to unpack/pack.)  Also we love our travel laundry bags, and I like my tote bag that zips into a small pouch.

For a back pack, look for one of the ones that stuff into themselves.  Very hand to toss in the suitcase for any trip.  Not great for carrying a heavy load, but convenient for typical stuff for an excursion.

https://www.amazon.com/Peak-Gear-Stowaway-Backpack-Packable/dp/B07F1ZV81Q/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=amazon+packable+backpack&qid=1638977477&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.com/Osprey-Ultralight-Stuff-Pack-Shadow/dp/B00RZV7WKS/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=amazon+packable+backpack&qid=1638977477&sr=8-11

For the room, the battery powered candles work well.  Even with a balcony, one in the bathroom at night is helpful.  2 for $1 at the dollar places.

Another helpful item from the dollar place is the foldable tray.  Unfolded it is about 4 - 5 inches wide.  3 - 4 inches high and about 8- 10 inches long.  Folds flat.  But one of them on the counter or night stand keeps little stuff in place and handy.