Symphony Questions

Sailing Dec 23, 2021.

I know everything is subject to change, but as of now...

-if sitting in the vaccinated section (we are fully vaccinated) of a show, let's say the theater, are we required to keep masks on?

-besides Coco Cay, can we get off at the islands just to look around & do local shopping for souvenirs, or can you only get off the ship if you have a tour scheduled through Royal Caribbean

-we are doing 5:30 traditional dining, is it true that they are NOT sitting people together with people from other families unless reservations are linked?

-for eating in the Windjammer, I understand the employees are serving the food. Do you need breakfast or lunch reservations to eat there, or do you still just walk in as before?

Thank you in advance for any help.

4 minutes ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

Sailing Dec 23, 2021.

-if sitting in the vaccinated section (we are fully vaccinated) of a show, let's say the theater, are we required to keep masks on?

-besides Coco Cay, can we get off at the islands just to look around & do local shopping for souvenirs, or can you only get off the ship if you have a tour scheduled through Royal Caribbean

-we are doing 5:30 traditional dining, is it true that they are NOT sitting people together with people from other families unless reservations are linked?

-for eating in the Windjammer, I understand the employees are serving the food. Do you need breakfast or lunch reservations to eat there, or do you still just walk in as before?

Masks not required anywhere in vaccinated areas…you can do whatever you want on the excursions unless local rules prohibit it…windjammer is walk in

When they say employees are serving the food at the windjammer, it just means you walk up to the buffet all the same, the there will be an employee that touches the giant spoon and serves you.  It makes almost no difference.  No masks required in vaccinated sections.  Yes, you can get off and wander around in port.

1. If in unvaccinated section of theatre, you can take your masks off or keep them on. We took ours off while watching shows.

2. You can walk around CocoCay.

3. I had reservations linked for 5:30 dining but for only 4 people. Think I saw a notice somewhere that they would not do more than tables of 8 or 10.

4. No reservations. Just scan card and walk in. We ate all our breakfasts (buffet) in the Solarium as it is only for vaccinated. It was quieter and easier to find a table. We found WJ hard to find tables for the 4 of us because every other table is “unavailable” due to physical distancing. Personally I liked being served by staff in the buffet. 

You still have to wear your mask in the Windjammer until you are sitting at your table.  You have to put it on again to go up to the buffet lines.  Coffee, teas, water, and other drinks are usually brought to your table by servers so you don't have to go get them.  You also have to wear your mask in the MDR until you are seated. 

• Like 1

Last week on Symphony shows in the theater main floor was vaccinated only and you could take your mask off, balcony was open to anyone and they announced you had to leave seats in between families and keep masks on. The ice show early was for anyone they had vaccinated and family sections. Family was every other row and leave seats between families. Vaccinated could sit side by side but all had to leave masks on some took them off and they were told to put them back on. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

these are all very helpful. Thank you.

What about, are they sitting people together at the same tables for traditional dining in MDR? Or only with your own family or linked reservations?

We were seated with family on different reservations.Do you mean sitting with strangers? I don’t think so as most large tables of 8 were empty or had 2-4 people seated at it. So assume those people were with family members. 

On 12/5/2021 at 7:56 PM, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

Sailing Dec 23, 2021.

- Masks can come off while seated for the show.  But wear them in entering and exiting the theater.

- Anyone with a vaxed wristband can exit on a non-RCL excursion.

- True.  I missed the opportunity to talk to other couples but it worked out.

- No reservations at WJ.  I also like the change of them dishing out the food.  But try the Solarium Bistro for breakfast and lunch.

The music on Symphony was top notch!  The brass band was great.  Joey in the Schooner bar was very good.  The nightclub band (can't remember their name) was loud but very good,  And the Latin band in Boleros was also good.

On 12/5/2021 at 8:02 PM, marktwothousand said:

Masks not required anywhere in vaccinated areas…you can do whatever you want on the excursions unless local rules prohibit it…windjammer is walk in

Mark what did you think of your Symphony cruise?