Water for Infant Formula

FrostyJoe

Does anyone know if MSC will allow us to bring bottled/distilled water for infant formula?  We will be sailing on MSC Meraviglia soon and I tried searching and couldn't find it...I also tried to call MSC and they just regurgitated this phrase from this website (https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/before-you-go/luggage)  which does not tell me much....  Water bottles are packaged and commercially produced and it will become food once we mix the powder.  So does that meet the exception? Or does it not since it's not "food" before mixing with the formula...

I'm not trying to be smart in anyway--last thing we'd want is changing water for our infant and have possible GI issues on the ship.

"Cruises will be forced to deny access to any guests not complying with these mandated regulations. In the interest of health and safety, beverages and food (including partially eaten or home cooked items) may not be brought on board either. Exception: dry, packaged and commercially produced foods." 

Thank you for your help!

Edited by FrostyJoe

Suggestion: Put the powdered formula in a baby bottle. Fill the bottle with the hot water from the hot water dispensers in the buffet.

Besides the water on board ship being water that is purer than any bottled water, you will have the added protection of near boiling water temperature for added protection.

• Like 2

If you  really want to have distilled water, call MSC's Special Needs.

They have provided distilled water for CPAP machines with prior notification to Special Needs.

Perhaps it would be provided for you.

We also have been allowed to bring a liter bottle of distilled water on when ot was packed woth my son-in-law's CPAP.

11 hours ago, Homosassa said:

If you  really want to have distilled water, call MSC's Special Needs.

They have provided distilled water for CPAP machines with prior notification to Special Needs.

Perhaps it would be provided for you.

We also have been allowed to bring a liter bottle of distilled water on when ot was packed woth my son-in-law's CPAP.

On the Divina they did not provide distilled water and we were told they just don't have the room to store it. I was told to get off the ship at the first port and buy some.  I had to talk to a supervisor to get some distilled water because could not find any in the port.  They were able to make distilled water.  

After that, I called Special Needs and was told they no longer provide water and to bring my own. Which I did and had no problems.

OP, I agree with Homosassa, the water on the ship is cleaner than any bottled water. It is cleaned through reverse osmosis.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Thank you everyone for your inputs.  I hope the Meraviglia has good piping etc being a newer ship and all.  To cover our basis, I think we’ll request special needs and bring big bottles to fill at the buffet. Does anyone know how to contact special needs?  I see the form on the website but unless I’m missing something, I don’t see where to send the form.  

I do remember either the Carnival Valor or a different older Carnival had water that smells and brownish at the cabin. I presume it’s because of the older piping even if the water was prestine immediately downstream of the RO plant.

Edited by FrostyJoe

47 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

Thank you everyone for your inputs.  I hope the Meraviglia has good piping etc being a newer ship and all.  To cover our basis, I think we’ll request special needs and bring big bottles to fill at the buffet. Does anyone know how to contact special needs?  I see the form on the website but unless I’m missing something, I don’t see where to send the form.  

I do remember either the Carnival Valor or a different older Carnival had water that smells and brownish at the cabin. I presume it’s because of the older piping even if the water was prestine immediately downstream of the RO plant.

You have to email them and it took me forever to find the address.  It is:  mscdirect@msccruises.co.uk

You will receive a confirmation that they received the email. They are running really far behind in contacting one back evidently because I emailed them 2 months ago and still have not heard back.  I did receive an email right after the first one saying they are running behind and will contact me as soon as possible in order of admittancce.  I received an SR # and was told to refer to that when making inquiries.

If you booked through a travel agent then it states to have the travel agent contact them.

4 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

You have to email them and it took me forever to find the address.  It is:  mscdirect@msccruises.co.uk

You will receive a confirmation that they received the email. They are running really far behind in contacting one back evidently because I emailed them 2 months ago and still have not heard back.  I did receive an email right after the first one saying they are running behind and will contact me as soon as possible in order of admittancce.  I received an SR # and was told to refer to that when making inquiries.

If you booked through a travel agent then it states to have the travel agent contact them.

Thank you!!!  Just to confirm, even for US based MSC cruise, we'll need to e-mail the .co.uk address?

1 hour ago, hsyoon said:

Thank you!!!  Just to confirm, even for US based MSC cruise, we'll need to e-mail the .co.uk address?

Well, no wonder I can't get an answer from MSC, I had the wrong email doy!  Here is a link to US

https://www.msccruisesgetforms.com/SpecialRequirements.aspx

Thank You! for making me check!  I swear! I have talked to a dozen people on MSC and they never told me I had the wrong form GEEZ!

29 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Well, no wonder I can't get an answer from MSC, I had the wrong email doy!  Here is a link to US

Thank You! for making me check!  I swear! I have talked to a dozen people on MSC and they never told me I had the wrong form GEEZ!

Thanks for your help!!  I was only able to find a paper form before with no directions on how to submit.  This one is e-z breezy 😄  Appreciate the help!

5 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I believe that this is the old form from a few years ago.  I had to fill out a different form (called "Special Needs Form") and had to send it in to MSCexistingreservations@msccruisesusa.com.  The nice thing is you immediately get an email back with a reference number.  I will have to say that I had to call reservations and give them the reference number so they could attach the forms to my reservations.  On the site, MSC says if you have a need to click on the Special Needs, and you get a form.  It is very easy to fill out since it is an online Word template.  I won't say that the form you have won't work, but the MSC agents said to use this (screen shot of page one):

image.thumb.png.d21976840dc66cead04dcd8b081a7fa7.png

14 minutes ago, JAGR said:

I believe that this is the old form from a few years ago.  I had to fill out a different form (called "Special Needs Form") and had to send it in to MSCexistingreservations@msccruisesusa.com.  The nice thing is you immediately get an email back with a reference number.  I will have to say that I had to call reservations and give them the reference number so they could attach the forms to my reservations.  On the site, MSC says if you have a need to click on the Special Needs, and you get a form.  It is very easy to fill out since it is an online Word template.  I won't say that the form you have won't work, but the MSC agents said to use this (screen shot of page one):

I'll see if I can attach the form

Special-Needs-ENG-BASIC FORM.pdf

15 minutes ago, JAGR said:

OMG! This will be the third one I have sent in! The first one I emailed was UK, then I did that one this morning, and now! this! Yes, I am blonde! I will fill this out and send it in in the morning and give them my reference number that I had before. Geez! They do not make it easy!

14 hours ago, JAGR said:

Thank you! Filled it out and sent it in. Hoping this works. I did not receive an immediate confirmation like the other ones. Is that normal?

Update:  I received the confirmation and received a different SN number. So all is good now I hope. Been going through this for months! 

9 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Thank you! Filled it out and sent it in. Hoping this works. I did not receive an immediate confirmation like the other ones. Is that normal?

Update:  I received the confirmation. Forget that so all is good now I hope. Been going through this for months! 

I didn't get a confirmation either.....perhaps I should supplemental with the pdf form..

46 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

I didn't get a confirmation either.....perhaps I should supplemental with the pdf form..

It took 5 minutes then I got the confirmation number. I just filled out the pdf form on my computer then attached to the email. If I were you I would do it again to make sure. Of course what do I know since I have been trying to get this done for months 😂

18 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Thank you so much! I sent it in the morning and have already heard back from MSC that it is being taken care of! I will buy you a drink on the ship🤣 Seriously though, thank you🤗

NP!  YW.  See you on board!

We just got off  Mergavilla.  We got bottled water with our easy plus package to mix formula. Just an FYI do not put any drinks from buffet-milk, juice etc in minibar or they will add it to your minibar tab.  We grabbed a chocolate and white milk for our four year old at night and were charged $12.00!  They did remove the charge after complaining

• 1 year later...