Side facing Crown Loft vs 2 bedroom Aquatheater suite - Oasis

We're currently in a side facing Crown loft on Oasis for our January sailing. I'm considering doing a Royal Up bid on a two-bedroom Aquatheater Suite.  

Looking for pros and cons of the Crown Loft vs the Aquatheater Suite.  For anyone who's stayed in one, did the less private  balcony space bother you? What about noise from the shows/boardwalk at night.

I'm totally on the fence about this, so any information would be appreciated.

No way is a 1-BR ATS an upgrade to a CLS. 2-BR ?  Yes.  1-BR, no.

The CLS is a much nicer suite than the 1-BR ATS.  The location (deck 17 as opposed to waaaay back in the aft) is better and the suite perks are the same.  If you RU to one of the 1-BR ATS on deck 12 or 14 the balconies are very small.  Being able to watch the AT show from your balcony is a very small benefit that is not worth the trade IMO.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, George C said:

Plus you get two bathrooms, I would definitely take that , huge balcony 

There's two bathrooms in the CLS too.  I haven't seen the shower in the 2br AS but I doubt it compares to the one upstairs in the CLS.

Edited by CKCruising
  • Like 3

I’ve stayed in both cabins.  The aqua suites get smaller as you go from deck 8 to deck 10.  But all the balconies will be demonstrably bigger.  If you want privacy the balcony in the ocean side will be way bigger than the one in the CLS.  To me the privacy was never an issue on the boardwalk side.  The great part is their is lots of shade on that side too.  So eating out at the full size dining table is nice.  And there is a nice bar with stools looking out to the aqua theater so you can watch the shows on the board walk.  It is great.  As far as noice, you will hear none in the bedrooms.  None.  In the living room you might a little during a show, but I never remember it being even the slightest issue.  You will obviously hear it on the boardwalk side of the balconies.  On the ocean side you won’t hear the boardwalk noise.  

The family room will also get smaller from deck 8-10 but for 2 people it wouldn’t matter much.  The view of the shows is best on deck 8 but I’ve stayed on deck 10 too and that was fine for watching shows.  

Some folks don’t like walking all the way to the aft to get to the cabin.  No doubt CLS is better in that regard.  But getting to deck 17 could be a pain if elevators were restricted due to Covid.  They could be a pain pre Covid getting up there.  

If you use the CK/SL a lot, no doubt CLS is great for that.  But if you are star class you probably won’t care because all specialty restaurants are included (and the deluxe drink package too).  Just not much reason to spend much time in CK unless you want the great views and a quiet spot for a drink during the day.   

The master bathroom in the aqua suite is nothing too fancy.  It is fine, but the CLS wins on that.  But it isn’t that big of a difference IMO.  The second bathroom in each is similar enough.  

Once just my wife and I did the aqua suite on deck 10 and I typically used the second bathroom while she typically used the master.  I think the master is a tub/shower as I recall.  We were quite happy with it, but again the bathroom isn’t why you get an aqua suite.  You get it for the balcony which is massive.  

For me personally a 2BR aqua suite would be a no brainer if it didn’t cost too much more. 

Happy to answer any questions.  

Edited by topnole
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I agree, if you're going for the 2 BR ATS then it's a no-brainer...but I would personally stay with the CLS over the 1 BR ATS.

I’ve stayed in 1BR ATS on deck 10 and one thing I’ll say there is that the separate bedroom is nice for privacy.  Say if you had a couple kids with you.  They can sleep on the couch and Mom and Dad have a separate bedroom (although only one bathroom in the bedroom).  I also like the balcony on the deck 10 1BR ATS.  It is much bigger (actually it is massive) and provides views that are probably 300 degrees around.  To me it is so much better, particularly when in port.  

There are certainly pros and cons with both.  I think for two adults, most probably prefer the CLS over a 1BR ATS.  

• Like 1

I've only stayed in the 1 BR ATS once and that was on deck 10 (Harmony).  At that time, they were still categorized as Grand Suites.  It was my "introduction" to the ATS suites and it was nice.  Since it was my first experience, I agree...that balcony was super big compared to any balcony I had ever stayed in before.

After that experience we went straight to the mother-of-all-balconies, the 2 BR ATS on Deck 8 (Harmony).  It was also our very first Star Class suite and boy we were hooked.  I should say, I was hooked.  Dan can really take it or leave it.  He doesn't care for all the "attention".  2 more 2 BR ATS (Deck 8 again and Deck 9 Harmony and Allure) and then our attention was drawn away from the ATS and up to Deck 17 where we have been ever since. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/9/2021 at 9:49 PM, topnole said:

For me personally a 2BR aqua suite would be a no brainer if it didn’t cost too much more. 

Thanks for the detailed response. It sold me. I bid on the two bedroom ATS.  Kind of doubtful we'll get it, but you never know. Either way, we'll be happy.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 8:18 PM, shutterbug63 said:

We're currently in a side facing Crown loft on Oasis for our January sailing. I'm considering doing a Royal Up bid on a two-bedroom Aquatheater Suite.  

Looking for pros and cons of the Crown Loft vs the Aquatheater Suite.  For anyone who's stayed in one, did the less private  balcony space bother you? What about noise from the shows/boardwalk at night.

I'm totally on the fence about this, so any information would be appreciated.

Im in exactly the same boat..

On 12/10/2021 at 8:56 AM, RFerrington said:

I agree, if you're going for the 2 BR ATS then it's a no-brainer...but I would personally stay with the CLS over the 1 BR ATS.

My knees would vote for aqua , I moved from a two story house to a one story for a reason , but if I was younger I would agree.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Yay I used the search on this forum to find this post, and it was 100% what I was looking for, so no need to start a new one!

On 12/11/2021 at 9:01 AM, shutterbug63 said:

Thanks for the detailed response. It sold me. I bid on the two bedroom ATS.  Kind of doubtful we'll get it, but you never know. Either way, we'll be happy.

Did you win your bid?

On 12/11/2021 at 5:01 PM, Blondiemomm said:

Im in exactly the same boat..

Did you win your bid?

We like the CLS location and we got a side facing balcony so opened to ocean. The room looks amazing and it will be our first time in anything over a Jr. Suite. But, temptation has also got us thinking a 2BR ATS is worthy of a bid... especially if the upgrade nets us the UDP and DBP.. I could forego location for drink and food access anywhere and try one of these suites at a decent cost.

On 12/9/2021 at 10:49 PM, topnole said:

As far as noice, you will hear none in the bedrooms.  None.  In the living room you might a little during a show, but I never remember it being even the slightest issue.  You will obviously hear it on the boardwalk side of the balconies.  On the ocean side you won’t hear the boardwalk noise.

Noise is probably our biggest issue. We were recently in a CP balcony, and could hear the pool band's music echoing down into the cavernous park area...not good for that midday nap. It was loud! Fortunately the music shuts down at the pool in the evening, but you could still hear the park's live music, although not as bad and certainly milder in "dance party noise" atmosphere.

We do like settle in around 10:30. I know there are shows in the theater that start at 10:15 or 10:30 --- so for others who've stayed in ATS, there's no noise from theater in the bedroom portion of the suite?

1 hour ago, robmtx said:

We do like settle in around 10:30. I know there are shows in the theater that start at 10:15 or 10:30 --- so for others who've stayed in ATS, there's no noise from theater in the bedroom portion of the suite?

No noise in either bedroom. With the balcony door closed, the noise is very muffled in the living room. Keep in mind all of the perks when bidding. Not just the dining and drink package. Tips are included (except for the genie), laundry, Wi-fi for each guest, Starbucks, front of line privileges for flow rider, zip line, bumper cars, iFly, north star. Food and drinks delivered to your room whenever you like. Showing up to the theater 10 mins before the show starts, and getting the best seats in the house. The genie is indispensable. They are your sole point of contact for anything you need done on the ship. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robmtx said:

Yay I used the search on this forum to find this post, and it was 100% what I was looking for, so no need to start a new one!

Did you win your bid?

Did you win your bid?

We like the CLS location and we got a side facing balcony so opened to ocean. The room looks amazing and it will be our first time in anything over a Jr. Suite. But, temptation has also got us thinking a 2BR ATS is worthy of a bid... especially if the upgrade nets us the UDP and DBP.. I could forego location for drink and food access anywhere and try one of these suites at a decent cost.

Noise is probably our biggest issue. We were recently in a CP balcony, and could hear the pool band's music echoing down into the cavernous park area...not good for that midday nap. It was loud! Fortunately the music shuts down at the pool in the evening, but you could still hear the park's live music, although not as bad and certainly milder in "dance party noise" atmosphere.

Just had a deck 8 ATS in May.  I don’t recall hearing any noise in the bedrooms.    Note: we had a 1.5 year old with us and obviously put him to bed early.  He stayed the MBR.  So I wouldn’t worry about noise in the Bedrooms.  You will hear some muffled noise in the living room during shows.  It didn’t bother us at all.  The perks of an ATS outweigh any noise issues 10 fold IMO. 

• Like 1

I have stayed in both. If you are more than 2 people then I would go for the 2 bed ATS for sure....there is little to no privacy in the CLS if you have children. As far as location the CLS wins out...it's a really long walk to the very aft of an Oasis class ship and you are among regular cabins verse a private suite area with the CLS. The balcony of the ATS is something to experience. As far as noise it is a bit noisier in the ATS verse the CLS but it's minimal.