Positive test Bliss = absolute shambles

Twinbooty

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The minimum wage call center people should have zero knowledge of your bags

You've made this comment before (about NCL Call Center staff making minimum wage and/or being young and usually uninformed.)  First, my sister worked in an NCL reservation center for many years and made much more than minimum wage. Not everyone there is young and the amount of info they have is what NCL management shares with them.  Even if they DID make minimum wage (again, not sure what your source is on that), what they get paid has no relation to how much knowledge they have.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AnitaVacation said:

the smartest thing you can do is TEST BEFORE YOUR CRUISE

I plan to get a PCR test 2-3 days before my flight AND bring a coveted home test to use the morning of embarkation day. If it's positive, I'm not even going to the pier. 😷

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

I plan to get a PCR test 2-3 days before my flight AND bring a coveted home test to use the morning of embarkation day. If it's positive, I'm not even going to the pier. 😷

we have a pcr test scheduled for Friday (sailing Monday) and also have the self test....I probably will not waste the self test on cruise morning....we will not be in contact with anyone until our flight on Sunday and I doubt that IF we get it from the flight, it will not show up on Monday morning....

That being said, we have the good N95 masks for the flight and will be super diligent in where we stand, what we touch, what we do in the airport and on the plane....

Fingers crossed that we do not have any trouble-making anti-maskers on our flight!!

If driving were an option, I'd do it....but there is no way I could talk my husband in driving 24 hours to get to Florida....

ps...if your home test shows positive that morning, you will need to get a confirmed test to give to ncl to be eligible for your fcc

Edited by AnitaVacation

13 minutes ago, AnitaVacation said:

if your home test shows positive that morning, you will need to get a confirmed test to give to ncl to be eligible for your fcc

I thought of that, but if it's positive, the FCC is the last thing I'd worry about at that point.

Remember when all you needed to remember to bring was a passport?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, glennmartin said:

where does it say you need another test now before the cruise 

all we have been told here in the uk is that we need a test to fly to usa and then test at the port ?

My understanding is that testing before the cruise is not a requirement but recommended. If you test within 96 hours of cruise departure and it comes back negative but then test positive at the pier, then NCL will assist you with what needs to happen afterward. If you don't test within 96 hours, then they don't necessarily have to help you with your options. That's how I interpreted their Guest Ticket Contract and Cancellation Policy. 

• Like 1

Just now, b94race said:

My understanding is that testing before the cruise is not a requirement but recommended. If you test within 96 hours of cruise departure and it comes back negative but then test positive at the pier, then NCL will assist you with what needs to happen afterward. If you don't test within 96 hours, then they don't necessarily have to help you with your options. That's how I interpreted their Guest Ticket Contract and Cancellation Policy. 

thanks its so confusing also do you know if you test positive at the port your allowed to return home non USA address to quarantine

1 minute ago, b94race said:

That I don't know. Everything in their "terms and conditions" says "may this..." and "may that..." so I guess it's up to who you get helping you and what the current rule of the day is 😄

i have been talking to NCL all day and they dont really have a clue about their own rules its a nightmare 

6 minutes ago, glennmartin said:

thanks its so confusing also do you know if you test positive at the port your allowed to return home non USA address to quarantine

WHAT?!?!? You want to fly home to the UK after testing positive at the port?? I hope you are joking or I am misunderstanding?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, craig01020 said:

It's time to stop panicking about positive tests when there are zero or just minor symptoms.

I'm not so much worried about symptoms for myself.  But when we are positive we infect others.  And eventually it gets to a person who is not so lucky.  We are still losing 1,500 Americans every day.

But when a positive test relates to an NCL cruise, it can be a big deal.  If you test positive on a cruise, you may have to quarantine, unless you can drive home.  Also if you test positive up to 14 days prior to your cruise, your money is locked into FCC.

Edited by Lou33
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, b94race said:

ncl just confirmed that the 96 hours is recommended but is no way tied to any FCC refund so if you test pos at the port you will get 100% FCC

1 minute ago, glennmartin said:

yes thats correct you have a right to be repatriated to your country and not to be held in the USA

How exactly would you do that?  It's a long way to swim.

Edited by Lou33

9 minutes ago, glennmartin said:

UK travel insurance requires you to have cover to fly home 

or is NCL going to pay for me to be in a hotel for 10 days and at what point will they release if a LFT can be pos for 6 months

The air lines will not allow you to fly if you test positive. You must present documentation prior to boarding.

I don’t know how UK insurance differs from policies sold here in the US, but travel policies typically pay for trip delay and interruption.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pcakes122 said:

You've made this comment before (about NCL Call Center staff making minimum wage and/or being young and usually uninformed.)  First, my sister worked in an NCL reservation center for many years and made much more than minimum wage. Not everyone there is young and the amount of info they have is what NCL management shares with them.  Even if they DID make minimum wage (again, not sure what your source is on that), what they get paid has no relation to how much knowledge they have.

Come on @pcakes122, you have been around enough to know that I am not slamming call center personnel. They have the hardest job interfacing with unreasonable customers. 

To the contrary, I am using an exaggerated example to try and get across that it is totally unreasonable to expect a call center person to know where you are going to be transferred to, where your bags are, how to get the holding area at the port reorganized for more social distancing. 

I am trying to make a point that people should not slam NCL because a call center person or random port rent-a-cop are not in charge of the handling of passengers that tested positive. And the fact that your sister would not know and has no way of finding out what times bags will be fetched from the ship is expected and not “NCL doesn’t care”. It’s like calling the divorce court to pay a parking ticket… you got the wrong person. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

Only internationally. They don't test before domestic flights, so they don't know.

Correct. Thanks for adding clarity.

The person to whom I replied is from the UK so for him to get home he’ll have to present a negative test.  See post #64.

Edited by Babr

31 minutes ago, glennmartin said:

ncl just confirmed that the 96 hours is recommended but is no way tied to any FCC refund so if you test pos at the port you will get 100% FCC

Is this in writing? If so, can you please post a link to it? Thanks. 

Edited by vacationut

5 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

Only internationally. They don't test before domestic flights, so they don't know.

If you test positive at the port, or have any symptoms, you may not fly domestically. Testing positive at the port is what we are talking about. And in that case, you can not fly commercial airlines or trains. (You attest to being COVID negative and no symptoms when you check in). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, vacationut said:

Is this in writing? If so, can you please post a link to it? Thanks. 

This has always been the policy if people took the time to even look at it. Nothing new. Nothing changed. 

https://www.ncl.com/refund-and-cancellation-policy-covid-19

Denial of Embarkation or Reboarding; Quarantine and/or Disembarkation**

• If you, your family members, travelling companions or other close contacts are denied embarkation or reboarding, or are quarantined or disembarked during the voyage, due to a positive COVID-19 test or being suspected of having COVID-19, you and they are entitled to a prorated refund, or an optional Future Cruise Credit (“FCC”), for the amount paid to Norwegian in the event of denial at embarkation, or the unused portion of your fare in all other cases 
  • Guests denied embarkation or reboarding, or who are disembarked or quarantined during the voyage, for failure to comply with the Norwegian COVID-19 Policies and Procedures shall not be entitled to a refund or compensation of any kind. Please refer to the Cruise Ticket Contract issued for your cruise for complete details.

1 hour ago, glennmartin said:

You quarantine in the US and return when you test negative is my understanding.  

The only other option I believe is to charter a private flight but even then I don't think that's actually possible. 

so I need some clarification:

1.  96hr pretest is recommended so that if you test positive at the pier, they will (at least say they will) assist with quarantine?  Does the test have to be PCR or can it be Antigen?

2.  If you test positive within 14 days, using a verified test, you get FCC?

3.  Lots of talk about rental cars.  Does anyone know if rental cars won't rent to you if you have tested positive? any policy on that?

I ask these questions as I have a cruise with my wife January 29, out of New Orleans, on the Breakaway.  We are flying in on 28th from Virginia.  We have 3rd party travel insurance.  We also have eMed proctored Antigen tests to bring with us.  So my current plan is. 

1. Test within the 96hrs, either PCR or antigen based on question #1 above.  probably PCR, which we can get at Walgreens with a 2hr turn around.

2.  Fly to New Orleans, using our N95 masks.

3.  Wake up the morning of 29th and hit the Marriott for testing before heading to the pier to check luggage.

If negative:

4. go back to hotel, get bags, check out, and enjoy my cruise.

If positive (1 of us):

4.  Rent a car and have the negative person go get it.

5.  Check out of hotel and drive the long 15hours home.  Just drive it straight through just stopping for gas.

Based on this, and reading my insurance policy, since I would have my verified test at the pier, insurance should pay for my trip interruption and pay for the rental car home?  they would also refund the unused portion of the airfare?  And will they reimburse for the full cruise fare or do I have to accept the FCC, since NCL is offering it?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

This has always been the policy if people took the time to even look at it. Nothing new. Nothing changed. 

https://www.ncl.com/refund-and-cancellation-policy-covid-19

Denial of Embarkation or Reboarding; Quarantine and/or Disembarkation**

• If you, your family members, travelling companions or other close contacts are denied embarkation or reboarding, or are quarantined or disembarked during the voyage, due to a positive COVID-19 test or being suspected of having COVID-19, you and they are entitled to a prorated refund, or an optional Future Cruise Credit (“FCC”), for the amount paid to Norwegian in the event of denial at embarkation, or the unused portion of your fare in all other cases 
  • Guests denied embarkation or reboarding, or who are disembarked or quarantined during the voyage, for failure to comply with the Norwegian COVID-19 Policies and Procedures shall not be entitled to a refund or compensation of any kind. Please refer to the Cruise Ticket Contract issued for your cruise for complete details.

12 minutes ago, PolytheneGirl said:

You quarantine in the US and return when you test negative is my understanding.  

The only other option I believe is to charter a private flight but even then I don't think that's actually possible. 

This is where I found the 96 hour and FCC - ncl.com/sail-safe. Not sure if this is a repeat to BirdTravels post, but unless it was recently changed, I thought it said that you would get FCC if you tested negative within 96 hours, and then positive at the pier. I've printed so many screenshots b/c things change day-by-day...

Please note for cruises with embarkation dates through January 31, 2022: If a guest receives a positive COVID test at the pier testing at arrival, they will be denied boarding and will likely be required to quarantine by local officials. Norwegian Cruise Line will assist with expenses related to any mandatory quarantine that are not covered by their travel insurance only if the guest provides proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken within 96-hours of their travel date. Guests who are unable to provide proof of a negative test taken within 96-hours of their travel date will not qualify for reimbursement should the applicable expenses not be covered by their travel insurance.

• Proof of negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken within 96-hours of travel date must show guest name, date of birth and date the test was taken in order to be eligible.