Enchantment Christmas Cruise 2021

On Enchantment now and are in Freeport today as scheduled. The only deviation to our itinerary was that we went to CocoCay instead of Key West but we found out about that change months ago. The cruise has been absolutely perfect thus far. Great weather, great service and great food. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ticketsunlimited said:

LIVINGONTHEBEACH your becoming the new version of JIMBO.  Lighten up a bit

@ticketsunlimited I cruised back in September and I'm not at all opposed to cruising.  However, one should also be realistic without being a Negative Nellie or Debbie Downer.  I personally wouldn't pay a premium on a cruise around the holidays to find out once on the ship that there are no shows, no activities, supplies ran out, ports closed, big lines, crowding everywhere and worse, covid everywhere. I don't care if the ship runs out of cocktail mixers -- that I could live with but the rest, not so much. FYI, Jimbo beats me by light years in the pessimistic department.  I choose to be optimistic with a realistic bent.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CentralNY1 said:

On Enchantment now and are in Freeport today as scheduled. The only deviation to our itinerary was that we went to CocoCay instead of Key West but we found out about that change months ago. The cruise has been absolutely perfect thus far. Great weather, great service and great food. 

GREAT NEWS and GREAT TO HEAR

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CentralNY1 said:

Did you leave from Baltimore?  What are the other scheduled ports?  Glad you are having a good time -- that's not the case for some others on other ships. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CentralNY1 said:

We were on Freedom and in port with you at CocoCay on Sunday!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

@ticketsunlimited I cruised back in September and I'm not at all opposed to cruising.  However, one should also be realistic without being a Negative Nellie or Debbie Downer.  I personally wouldn't pay a premium on a cruise around the holidays to find out once on the ship that there are no shows, no activities, supplies ran out, ports closed, big lines, crowding everywhere and worse, covid everywhere. I don't care if the ship runs out of cocktail mixers -- that I could live with but the rest, not so much. FYI, Jimbo beats me by light years in the pessimistic department.  I choose to be optimistic with a realistic bent.  

None of what you described has occurred. Quite the opposite...it's been a great holiday cruise. If not for people wearing masks, I wouldn't even realize we were still going through a pandemic. Everybody views the world differently. I see it as being half full and Royal Caribbean filled my glass right to the top this week. 

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Did you leave from Baltimore?  What are the other scheduled ports?  Glad you are having a good time -- that's not the case for some others on other ships. 

Left from Baltimore and went to Port Canaveral, Cococay, Freeport and then Nassau tomorrow. Two days at sea and back to Baltimore on Friday. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Any updates to cabins or public areas. I did read that the outside of the Enchantment was painted which it desperately needed. 

Everything is clean and in working order. Looks like the ship was painted when in drydock. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Smhp said:

This is very encouraging. I have a February cruise on Enchantment and my biggest worry is being denied entry at ports. I don't know if I can do 12 days at sea.

I'm greatly encouraged, and happy, too.  Perhaps we are on the same February cruise.  Personally, I won't mind at all if we were to have nothing but sea days!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Wow -- if the only remaining open ports are the Bahamas and Mexico, that doesn't bode well for upcoming cruises, unless, as some have said, they are cruising just to be on the ship and nothing more. 

We took a Mexico cruise in the Fall and never got off the ship. We enjoyed just relaxing on r balcony and taking it easy for a week.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Settle down.  Enchantment is one of the oldest, smallest ships in the RCI line.  No one is canceling shows or activities because there isn't much of it on there to begin with.  Only one specialty dining venue, no lines, no crowds because she is sailing half empty and only fits 2400 people anyway .

Stop lumping every ship into the category of these giant kiddieland monstrosities.  Some of us are quietly sailing on small, adult cruises with no drama (and hopefully very little Covid).  If any ship has a prayer of quietly completing a week or two at sea with no port or onboard disruptions Enchantment does.  Don't jinx us.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1