Enchantment Christmas Cruise 2021

2 minutes ago, DevonfromAcme said:

Settle down.  Enchantment is one of the oldest, smallest ships in the RCI line.  No one is canceling shows or activities because there isn't much of it on there to begin with.  Only one specialty dining venue, no lines, no crowds because she is sailing half empty and only fits 2400 people anyway .

Stop lumping every ship into the category of these giant kiddieland monstrosities.  Some of us are quietly sailing on small, adult cruises with no drama (and hopefully very little Covid).  If any ship has a prayer of quietly completing a week or two at sea with no port or onboard disruptions Enchantment does.  Don't jinx us.

Glad you are enjoying your cruise.  I wasn't referring to Enchantment at all -- my response was to all the negative comments coming from other ships.  Have fun and hope you have a drama free rest of the cruise!

12 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

@ticketsunlimited I cruised back in September and I'm not at all opposed to cruising.  However, one should also be realistic without being a Negative Nellie or Debbie Downer.  I personally wouldn't pay a premium on a cruise around the holidays to find out once on the ship that there are no shows, no activities, supplies ran out, ports closed, big lines, crowding everywhere and worse, covid everywhere. I don't care if the ship runs out of cocktail mixers -- that I could live with but the rest, not so much. FYI, Jimbo beats me by light years in the pessimistic department.  I choose to be optimistic with a realistic bent.  

It's great that you chose to be "optimistic with a realistic bent" in your mind and in some of your posts. However, perhaps you may not realize that many of your posts are similar to how jimbo responds. There is a bit of pessimism, negative predicting, and frenzied responses at times. There is language like "horror", "many ships denied",  "only", etc. And some comparisons that are not fully within the same context. I think the poster was just sharing with you an observation based on the context of various posts you've made that have an indeed negative, pessimistic, somewhat exaggerated or hyped response pattern that is not necessarily "optimistic with a realistic bent". Those posts are similar to posts from jimbo. Some of the recent back and forth posts on here recently was sad to watch and draining to read. There are many ships out there sailing now. We need to be careful when making overgeneralized statements as if they speak for a whole.  There are indeed  some specific situations and contexts that might be of interest to some people. When we type things here, sometimes our intent in our minds might not match what is in black and white on the screen. Have a good day! 😁

• Like 3

12 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I'm greatly encouraged, and happy, too.  Perhaps we are on the same February cruise.  Personally, I won't mind at all if we were to have nothing but sea days!

I think we are on same sailing. The good thing about our cruise is we have the Olympics to entertain us if we can't get off. 

15 hours ago, CentralNY1 said:

On Enchantment now and are in Freeport today as scheduled. The only deviation to our itinerary was that we went to CocoCay instead of Key West but we found out about that change months ago. The cruise has been absolutely perfect thus far. Great weather, great service and great food. 

Thank you for this. Can you estimate how full the ship is? 

4 hours ago, blueslily said:

It's great that you chose to be "optimistic with a realistic bent" in your mind and in some of your posts. However, perhaps you may not realize that many of your posts are similar to how jimbo responds. There is a bit of pessimism, negative predicting, and frenzied responses at times. There is language like "horror", "many ships denied",  "only", etc. And some comparisons that are not fully within the same context. I think the poster was just sharing with you an observation based on the context of various posts you've made that have an indeed negative, pessimistic, somewhat exaggerated or hyped response pattern that is not necessarily "optimistic with a realistic bent". Those posts are similar to posts from jimbo. Some of the recent back and forth posts on here recently was sad to watch and draining to read. There are many ships out there sailing now. We need to be careful when making overgeneralized statements as if they speak for a whole.  There are indeed  some specific situations and contexts that might be of interest to some people. When we type things here, sometimes our intent in our minds might not match what is in black and white on the screen. Have a good day! 😁

Wrong thread and forum. The psychoanalytical platform to play pretend therapist on where you state your opinions and psychological assessments of other people's posts and writing styles is not this one. I appreciate the gratuitous dissertation though (albeit a bit creepy) on my writing style and that of @JimboThanks for the laugh!!!

16 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Wrong thread and forum. The psychoanalytical platform to play pretend therapist on where you state your opinions and psychological assessments of other people's posts and writing styles is not this one. I appreciate the gratuitous dissertation though (albeit a bit creepy) on my writing style and that of @JimboThanks for the laugh!!!

It's ok. No surprise. Have a good one! 

• Like 3

We are booked for our very first cruise on Enchantment on Jan 20.  We are watching the developments closely and thus far we are still a go.  As the first 2 ports are US destinations we are good with those I'd guess.  The Bahamas being the other 2 I wonder what will happen there.   Either way we are going.  For those that are on her on the next sailing please do drop by and give us some updates.

• Like 1

There have been no reports of any ships turned away from the Bahamas for Covid cases, so they are pretty safe stops on the itinerary to rely on.

Enchantment is currently one of only four cruise ships on the entire ocean currently in service which have Covid positive numbers lower than the threshold for CDC investigation (go Enchantment!), so hopefully that trend continues.

She's one of the few ships that has good odds of an uneventful sailing.

6 hours ago, edrussell said:

We are booked for our very first cruise on Enchantment on Jan 20.  We are watching the developments closely and thus far we are still a go.  As the first 2 ports are US destinations we are good with those I'd guess.  The Bahamas being the other 2 I wonder what will happen there.   Either way we are going.  For those that are on her on the next sailing please do drop by and give us some updates.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DevonfromAcme said:

Enchantment is currently one of only four cruise ships on the entire ocean currently in service which have Covid positive numbers lower than the threshold for CDC investigation (go Enchantment!), so hopefully that trend continues.

The other three are in warm layup, not really in service. 

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The other three are in warm layup, not really in service. 

Wait, that's not the case.

Granted, the Norwegian Pride is gearing up to sail in January.  However, the Azamara Quest and the Celebrity Silhouette have both been in full service for a couple of months now.

Edited by DevonfromAcme
  • Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 11:38 PM, livingonthebeach said:

Glad you are enjoying your cruise.  I wasn't referring to Enchantment at all -- my response was to all the negative comments coming from other ships.  Have fun and hope you have a drama free rest of the cruise!

If you weren't referring to Enchantment with your comment, then why did you post it on the "Enchantment Christmas Cruise 2021"  thread?

1 hour ago, DevonfromAcme said:

Wait, that's not the case.

Granted, the Norwegian Pride is gearing up to sail in January.  However, the Azamara Quest and the Celebrity Silhouette have both been in full service for a couple of months now.

We are talking about the RCI fleet - Ovation, Rhapsody and Vision are the other three ships on the CDC web site in green status - none are in revenue service. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ChesapeakeCrab said:

The Enchantment has reported enough Covid cases to meet the threshold for CDC investigation and the CDC has begun the investigation. I tried to include a link to the relevant page on the CDC website but I don’t think I succeeded. 

Yup, all the dominoes fell in the last 24 hours.  Every cruise ship that is currently in service and is under the jurisdiction of the CDC is in YELLOW status.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

• Like 1

The CDC also issued a statement raising the risk level of cruising to Level 5, the highest level, and is advising even fully vaccinated people not to cruise. I don’t mean to be negative- I’ve been very much looking forward to my cruise on the Enchantment in early February. 

• Like 1

Has anyone seen Severiano? He was on Anthem before Covid shut down cruising. He returned just recently and he said he was assigned to the Enchantment. He is the absolute best waiter (and friend). Tell him Ruth and Alex said Hi and stay safe. Lucky are the cruisers he serves. Enjoy.

• Like 1