Queen Elizabeth

ovccruiser

I did see a report on a certain social media sitea few days ago from someone who was on QE with his elderly father.

He had tested positive, but the dad was still negative.

They were both due to be offloaded in Lanzarote. There is an update today - the accommodation they have been put in is described as 'less than ideal' and they don't know how they'll be getting home 

17 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I did see a report on a certain social media sitea few days ago from someone who was on QE with his elderly father.

He had tested positive, but the dad was still negative.

They were both due to be offloaded in Lanzarote. There is an update today - the accommodation they have been put in is described as 'less than ideal' and they don't know how they'll be getting home 

That seems to be the Spanish government's chosen approach. Why they should want sick people off loaded on them is a mystery, but seems to be their policy.

1 hour ago, Matelot70 said:

Queen Elizabeth seems to have changed course from La Coruna to head for Lisbon and nearly doubled speed. Looks like an unscheduled stop today.

La Coruna is the next port of call, but not due to arrive until the 4th, so may be "cruising the Bay" to use up some time.

9 minutes ago, ovccruiser said:

Does seem strange cruising at 17knots but heading for LC according to my 2 ship finders, but arriving 2pm tomorrow.

Ah, that happened once when I was aboard. We got to La Coruña nearly a day early and stayed there until the worst of a major storm had passed. Perhaps it is something like that.

I hope everyone is alright. I was on the December 13th-23rd sailing and as far as I know we didn't seem to have any issues. It was a wonderful trip. My first cruise with Cunard and not the last!

Edited by Tira04
Typo
  • Like 1