Quarantine as a Solo cruiser w/Balcony

flyguyjake

22 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Hello,

If a solo cruiser was told to quarantine due to a positive test or close contact, would they remain in their balcony stateroom?

just about everyone that goes to quarantine near medical center is one person per cabin.   

i.e. If I test positive and my DH tests negative he gets to stay in our balcony cabin and I would have to go to their quarantine area.    If we both test positive then we both go.   

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

I imagine you would be sent to the dungeon (3rd deck) to keep all the food, trash, laundry... all in one place

Psst it's more so they can easily ensure you stay in your room. Otherwise they'd have to place a guard outside if each cabin. Then it's just making logistics easier. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, flyguyjake said:

Would he have to quarantine also in the balcony room? Don't close contacts have to quarantine? How many days do you know?

I've seen people sharing a room with a positive person have to test negative twice in 24 hours to be released. Not sure if that's everyone deemed close contact or not. 

8 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Would he have to quarantine also in the balcony room? Don't close contacts have to quarantine? How many days do you know?

For passengers, If close contacts test negative twice within 24 hour period they do not have to quarantine.    so in my example if he tested negative he could stay in our original balcony cabin to sleep and go about cruising and enjoying whatever he wanted to do.  

I am not sure how they are handling close contacts of crew members that live together.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Psst it's more so they can easily ensure you stay in your room. Otherwise they'd have to place a guard outside if each cabin. Then it's just making logistics easier. 

also makes it easier for them to bring room service, and have specific people assigned to handle those cabins instead of  "regular" crew members 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruisin4beaches said:

You will be moved. I tested positive this morning. Was told to pack my stuff and be ready to move. Waiting in my deck 11 balcony for further instructions.

Oh no! Can you share with us your story? Start new thread perhaps? What ship? How are you feeling? What are your symptoms? I'm so sorry.

Edited by flyguyjake
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Cruisin4beaches said:

You will be moved. I tested positive this morning. Was told to pack my stuff and be ready to move. Waiting in my deck 11 balcony for further instructions.

I have heard some cases that tested positive the last full day of their cruise they were allowed to stay in their cabin as it was easier than moving them through the hallways and fogging, etc.     So a lot depends on when you test positive (beginning, middle or end of your cruise). 

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

also makes it easier for them to bring room service, and have specific people assigned to handle those cabins instead of  "regular" crew members 

That's the logistics part. But it's without a doubt being able to easily keep positive people in their room. Room service is dropped off with the doors closed and anything is picked up with them closed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

I have heard some cases that tested positive the last full day of their cruise they were allowed to stay in their cabin as it was easier than moving them through the hallways and fogging, etc.     So a lot depends on when you test positive (beginning, middle or end of your cruise). 

So this would also apply to 2 bedroom or 4 bedroom suites? Some of these suites can sleep 14 pax.

Just now, flyguyjake said:

So this would also apply to 2 bedroom or 4 bedroom suites? Some of these suites can sleep 14 pax.

Yup same rules no matter what cabin type.  You have an interior you will be upgraded to an OV near the medical center.    You have an aquatheater suite you will be downgraded to an OV near medical center.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got tested for a New Years cruise on Friday. I feel fine and have no symptoms. I wish I could just stay here. But I guess they want to make sure I don't leave the cabin. Called the medical center an hour ago to say I'm ready to go,but no one called back. Boarded Jewel OTS. Dec.18(5+7 B2B) tested negative between the cruises. Lots of crew M I A. Short staff at bars and in the dining room.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Cruisin4beaches said:

I got tested for a New Years cruise on Friday. I feel fine and have no symptoms. I wish I could just stay here. But I guess they want to make sure I don't leave the cabin. Called the medical center an hour ago to say I'm ready to go,but no one called back. Boarded Jewel OTS. Dec.18(5+7 B2B) tested negative between the cruises. Lots of crew M I A. Short staff at bars and in the dining room.

Glad to hear you feel fine.   Sorry to hear your cruise will come to end.    They will probably drive you home when you get off the ship.

I heard a bunch of crew got switched over to rhapsody or vision ship to join quarantine crew from other ships.  I feel bad for all the crew members that are either working double/triple shifts or the ones that are ill and had to be moved around to other ships.  I am sure they have some very strict restrictions in the crew living areas this week.

1 hour ago, Cruisin4beaches said:

Thank you! Just really bummed out. This was my first Christmas cruise and was to be followed Friday with my first New Years cruise. Oh well maybe next year!

That is a bummer. I see you live up in Palm Beach County. What is your protocol since you tested positive? Are they having you quarantine now and then disembark when the ship returns and letting you drive home in your own car?  

40 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

That is a bummer. I see you live up in Palm Beach County. What is your protocol since you tested positive? Are they having you quarantine now and then disembark when the ship returns and letting you drive home in your own car?  

They are letting me stay in my balcony cabin😀. Told me order room service( even liquor since I had the drink package). They are paying for private transportation home (since I took tri-rail/metrorail). They'll give me the details in the morning. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruisin4beaches said:

They are letting me stay in my balcony cabin😀. Told me order room service( even liquor since I had the drink package). They are paying for private transportation home (since I took tri-rail/metrorail). They'll give me the details in the morning. 

You are one lucky duck!  🙂 

• Like 1