Quarantine as a Solo cruiser w/Balcony

flyguyjake

7 hours ago, Cruisin4beaches said:

I got tested for a New Years cruise on Friday. I feel fine and have no symptoms. I wish I could just stay here. But I guess they want to make sure I don't leave the cabin. Called the medical center an hour ago to say I'm ready to go,but no one called back. Boarded Jewel OTS. Dec.18(5+7 B2B) tested negative between the cruises. Lots of crew M I A. Short staff at bars and in the dining room.

If you were negative between the 2 cruises, which I assume was the 23rd, how did you come to get tested again on the 29th? Did you ask to to be tested because you were not feeling well? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, melbur said:

If you were negative between the 2 cruises, which I assume was the 23rd, how did you come to get tested again on the 29th? Did you ask to to be tested because you were not feeling well? 

I believe they were tested to go on another cruise leaving tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I believe they were tested to go on another cruise leaving tomorrow.

Since you are going on a B2B, your odds are going to be higher then if you were just taking 1 cruise. Any chance you can pick out your quarantine cabins on deck 3 now?  Get a good location to ride it out in? 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Since you are going on a B2B, your odds are going to be higher then if you were just taking 1 cruise. Any chance you can pick out your quarantine cabins on deck 3 now?  Get a good location to ride it out in? 😉

Yup 22 nights on our anthem b2b will increase our odds.   

I have been tossing around the idea of cancelling our first leg that leaves on jan 9th and just do the one for jan 20th but Eric, the one I'm worried about, is ready to leave tomorrow if he could.  

I am closely watching the roll calls and reports for Anthem.  if they start to have an outbreak with crew like some of the ships sailing out of FL then we will cancel 1st leg.  

I havent heard anything about ships having docking issues at Antigua, barbados or st martin.  Hopefully it stays that way as they are some of our favorite islands.

Very happy we can drive to cape liberty, no way would I fly anywhere right now and increase chance of testing positive onboard.  

Fingers and tossed we get onboard Jan 9th and have a wonderful cruise🤩

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup 22 nights on our anthem b2b will increase our odds.   

I have been tossing around the idea of cancelling our first leg that leaves on jan 9th and just do the one for jan 20th but Eric, the one I'm worried about, is ready to leave tomorrow if he could.  

I am closely watching the roll calls and reports for Anthem.  if they start to have an outbreak with crew like some of the ships sailing out of FL then we will cancel 1st leg.  

I havent heard anything about ships having docking issues at Antigua, barbados or st martin.  Hopefully it stays that way as they are some of our favorite islands.

Very happy we can drive to cape liberty, no way would I fly anywhere right now and increase chance of testing positive onboard.  

Fingers and tossed we get onboard Jan 9th and have a wonderful cruise🤩

Pack some Hazmat Uniforms and wear them 24/7 and you should be fine. Wish you luck whatever you decide to do. 😃

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

Pack some Hazmat Uniforms and wear them 24/7 and you should be fine. Wish you luck whatever you decide to do. 😃

That will mess up my tan lines🤪

I just bought on amazon some new kn95 masks in bright colors for me and black ones for Eric.  

And we both have N95 masks. 

Eric picks up his tux from tailor on monday.  We should have converted tux to hazemat suit🤣

I'm hoping our sailing will be at 50% or less with alot of cancellations.  My main concern is the mdr and how they cram everyone next to each other.  If we dont feel comfortable with our table then we will leave.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That will mess up my tan lines🤪

I just bought on amazon some new kn95 masks in bright colors for me and black ones for Eric.  

And we both have N95 masks. 

Eric picks up his tux from tailor on monday.  We should have converted tux to hazemat suit🤣

I'm hoping our sailing will be at 50% or less with alot of cancellations.  My main concern is the mdr and how they cram everyone next to each other.  If we dont feel comfortable with our table then we will leave.

Wow, I admire him for still wanting to wear a tux on a cruise, used to take one on our earlier cruises but haven't took one in 15 years.

• Like 1

Wow, I admire him for still wanting to wear a tux on a cruise, used to take one on our earlier cruises but haven't took one in 15 years.

We both love to dress up on formal nights.  He bought a new tux from Jos a Banks online earlier this year.  Of course he waited to this week to get tailored.  

Our Son got engaged last winter so he figured he would have for the wedding and future cruises.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I went thru 3 tux’s starting in 1985 to 2018 , now I just take a sports jacket 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cruisin4beaches said:

They are letting me stay in my balcony cabin😀. Told me order room service( even liquor since I had the drink package). They are paying for private transportation home (since I took tri-rail/metrorail). They'll give me the details in the morning. 

Did they say why they aren’t making you move cabins?  

This is a great example of how inconsistently RCL is.

12 minutes ago, D4 said:

Did they say why they aren’t making you move cabins?  

This is a great example of how inconsistently RCL is.

People have reported if they only had 1 day left they haven't gone thru the trouble of moving them.    It is like a parade of men in hazmat suits, saran wrapping your luggage,  blocking off hallways from other guests, fogging the area, etc.    so to make it easier on everyone if only 1 day of cruise left most have stayed in existing cabin.  

22 hours ago, Cruisin4beaches said:

They are letting me stay in my balcony cabin😀. Told me order room service( even liquor since I had the drink package). They are paying for private transportation home (since I took tri-rail/metrorail). They'll give me the details in the morning. 

When does your cruise end?

On 12/29/2021 at 5:03 PM, smplybcause said:

I've seen people sharing a room with a positive person have to test negative twice in 24 hours to be released. Not sure if that's everyone deemed close contact or not. 

Hold on... if they are staying in the same cabin as the positive they are being let out and about on the ship? I'm an EM doc. That is NOT how quarantine works. All immediate contacts quarantine. Seriously is this what they are doing? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kyrie said:

Hold on... if they are staying in the same cabin as the positive they are being let out and about on the ship? I'm an EM doc. That is NOT how quarantine works. All immediate contacts quarantine. Seriously is this what they are doing? 

Thanks for your valid concern!

If it is, many people on the ship are in trouble. This will create another Diamond Princess.

STAY SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

3 hours ago, kyrie said:

…if they are staying in the same cabin as the positive they are being let out and about on the ship? I'm an EM doc. That is NOT how quarantine works. All immediate contacts quarantine. Seriously is this what they are doing? 

Yes. Have even heard of known nightly table mates not being contact traced & not tested. (There was even news of some close contacts asking for tests but not getting them a couple weeks back aboard SOTS, then testing positive after disembarkation).

Edited by syesmar

12 minutes ago, syesmar said:

Yes. Have even heard of known nightly table mates not being contact traced & not tested. (There was even news of some close contacts asking for tests but not getting them a couple weeks back aboard SOTS, then testing positive after disembarkation).

This should remove any doubt about cruising now or in the near future!

We have 5 RCI cruises booked for 2022. We just canceled 2 for Feb 2022.

Thanks for posting the information that others should know.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kyrie said:

I’m not a doctor but that also shocked me.  Different people have posted here about this occurring in their family.

6 hours ago, Oxo said:

This should remove any doubt about cruising now or in the near future!

We have 5 RCI cruises booked for 2022. We just canceled 2 for Feb 2022.

Thanks for posting the information that others should know.

We board Navigator in 10 days, no way would we cancel. 

24 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We board Navigator in 10 days, no way would we cancel. 

I glad that you are going and really hope you have a safe and good time.

It is your choice to go.

STAY SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

Please keep us informed of your cruise.

On 12/29/2021 at 5:22 PM, Cruisin4beaches said:

I got tested for a New Years cruise on Friday. I feel fine and have no symptoms. I wish I could just stay here. But I guess they want to make sure I don't leave the cabin. Called the medical center an hour ago to say I'm ready to go,but no one called back. Boarded Jewel OTS. Dec.18(5+7 B2B) tested negative between the cruises. Lots of crew M I A. Short staff at bars and in the dining room.

So sorry to hear this

Stay safe.

11 hours ago, kyrie said:

Guidance seems to be changing. In our state, the Dept of Health and Human Services now says that those who are vaccinated and boosted need not quarantine at all after contact with someone that tests positive, but they should wear a mask for 10 days.

Actually that’s from the CDC. On Wednesday they said:

For those who have been exposed to COVID-19, quarantine recommendations are based on your vaccination status. If you were boosted or have been vaccinated with your Pfizer or Moderna series in the past six months, or your J&J shot in the past two months, no quarantine is needed.

However, a mask must be worn for 10 days following your known exposure. And we also recommend getting a test on day five after your exposure.

Edited by publicpersona
  • Like 1