No Show

htkodiak

29 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

OP, it's MUCH better to allow the cabin mate to be a NoShow. Some people have notified the cruise line in advance and it triggered some financial penalties. 

Agreed.  When you arrive to check in, just let the representative know your cabin mate is not able to cruise.  No questions asked, they just check you in and the taxes/fees the cabin mate paid will be automatically refunded.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

Agreed.  When you arrive to check in, just let the representative know your cabin mate is not able to cruise.  No questions asked, they just check you in and the taxes/fees the cabin mate paid will be automatically refunded.

I was told dont say a word. Just check in. Dont say anything that could trigger repricing.. either way it doesnt matter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I was told dont say a word. Just check in. Dont say anything that could trigger repricing.. either way it doesnt matter. 

When I did it, the check-in representative specifically asked where my cabin mate was and whether he was coming.  I just said he wasn’t feeling well and not able to make the trip.  This was before covid so there was no questioning about why he wasn’t feeling well.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

When I did it, the check-in representative specifically asked where my cabin mate was and whether he was coming.  I just said he wasn’t feeling well and not able to make the trip.  This was before covid so there was no questioning about why he wasn’t feeling well.  

Doesnt matter. My pvp said dont say anything ..and yes before covid. Doubt it matters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

OP, it's MUCH better to allow the cabin mate to be a NoShow. Some people have notified the cruise line in advance and it triggered some financial penalties. 

and you could possibly be moved to a smaller room 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...