Planning details for our cruise to Alaska in May 2022 - Flying US into Canada concerns

dgc2861

12 hours ago, cruiseryyc said:

I doubt very much there is a Walgreens in Vancouver, Canada.

Yes you do you require a test to get into Canada, then another one to get on the ship.

We'll do our covid test day before flying to Canada arriving day of cruise so the same test should work for both.

I ordered online proctored tests from Inspire Diagnostics from NCL website. We'll do in at the hotel the day before we sail out of Vancouver in June.  I looked at trying to get tested in Vancouver and prices...Inspire was going to be easier and cost less and NCL works with them! I didn't want to spend big part of a sight seeing day trying to find a testing location.

I did not see any mention of pricing for US citizens.  Right now we plan on getting PCR tests done at Walgreens on back to back days just to meet the 3 and 2 day requirement to fly in to Vancouver and than sail out the next day.   

I’m disappointed the cruise lines don’t give better instructions, or some instructions/directions, on where to get tested prior to boarding. Seems they would be a bit more proactive with helping since it’s their requirement to board.  I suppose there may be some liability issue if a particular provider that was suggested can’t comply.

I was encouraged that on the return to Vancouver from Whittier on Princess, we will be tested onboard, for those booked on the 14 night RT.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 6:01 PM, Senga said:

Canadian Government just announced PCR tests are no longer required for fully vaccinated travellers effective February 28th.  Rapid tests are currently still required.

Glad to hear it; do they consider 2 doses to be fully vaccinated or are they requiring boosters? I haven't really kept up with all the changes.

Trying to understand the new testing protocols when flying into YVR. If we are stopping in Seattle overnight, we won’t have time to get the rapid test unless there is one at SEA? So we will need to get a PCR before we leave home-within 72 hours of our flight to Canada? Does that sound correct? Thanks!