Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

10 hours ago, stevenr597 said:

I am not sure as to who and why they arrived at the 48/72 hour time frame to have the test before one boards the ship.

For voyages that involve a USA port that would be the CDC guidelines March 2022 that Princess opted into. For voyages that involve a UK port it would be the  UK Chamber of Shipping. For voyages that involve a European port it would be the ECDC

On 4/24/2022 at 7:44 AM, Ombud said:

Received this morning. Note address in STEP 8

20220424_074224.thumb.jpg.aacbe2e777f1aa69b0df74a4acd29952.jpg

Ah come on Ombud, be a hero, take a quick trip down to Passenger Services and ask to speak with the Administration Officer, show her/him a screenshot of the ArriveCAN website or an updated app that the quarantine plan part in ArriveCAN has been taken out, effective 25 April, 2022...Lol

• Haha 1

I just downloaded the updated ArriveCan app,and easily put in a 'fake' cruise travel date and then uploaded my passport and vaccine card. It was easy! Now,  theoretically 3 days before cruising I should be able to put in correct dates and be done. Thanks everyone who provided guidance!

• Like 2

Does anyone know or have any idea when the EU rules for cruising might expire?  Meaning to be considered fully vaxed one needs a booster if it's been more than 9 months since you completed your vax series. or even might be reviewed?  I'm fully vaxed and boosted but my travel companion is only vaxed and is VERY reluctant to get boosted.  We're suppose to be going on a 3 week Mediterranean cruise departing Rome in September.   Final payment is due mid-June.  Any suggestions as to where I could dig this information out would be sincerely appreciated  

22 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I just downloaded the updated ArriveCan app,and easily put in a 'fake' cruise travel date and then uploaded my passport and vaccine card. It was easy! Now,  theoretically 3 days before cruising I should be able to put in correct dates and be done. Thanks everyone who provided guidance!

Me, too... so easy without the Quarantine Plan section now!

3 hours ago, miagirl said:

Does anyone know or have any idea when the EU rules for cruising might expire?  Meaning to be considered fully vaxed one needs a booster if it's been more than 9 months since you completed your vax series. or even might be reviewed?  I'm fully vaxed and boosted but my travel companion is only vaxed and is VERY reluctant to get boosted.  We're suppose to be going on a 3 week Mediterranean cruise departing Rome in September.   Final payment is due mid-June.  Any suggestions as to where I could dig this information out would be sincerely appreciated  

Take note that there are quite a few countries-Denmark, Norway, Iceland, UK, to just name a few that no longer have vaccination for Covid as an entry requirement (let alone no need for booster)  None.  No need for even PCR testing.  

Considering that Princess has only recently required a booster (? this last Saturday), I think it will be quite a while.  I presume this is reflexive due to complaints from their recent onboard outbreak.  I’m in a similar issue in that medically I can not take the booster and my cruise is in July.

17 hours ago, miagirl said:

Currently, Princess is imposing the booster. We had ONE day to get ours as we sail on May 9th. There were MANY peeved people.I felt so sorry for those booked on May 1st the Emerald for the British Isles- yes, this was just announced. Yikes!

17 hours ago, miagirl said:

It would be pure speculation to give an opinion as to when rules might expire. And. even if the rules expire in June, they could always be reimposed by September.  Your friend has a tough choice - either get the booster or cancel the cruise before final payment.

19 minutes ago, Desert Cruisers said:

It would be pure speculation to give an opinion as to when rules might expire. And. even if the rules expire in June, they could always be reimposed by September.  Your friend has a tough choice - either get the booster or cancel the cruise before final payment.

This so very true. W need to expect the unexpected. It is a tough decision to make.

19 hours ago, Mike & Zen said:

Me, too... so easy without the Quarantine Plan section now!

Mike you seem to be the expert with all things Canada. I am vaccinated and boosted.  Princess states 2 testing paths, one for embarking in the US (3 days PCR or Antigen) and one for embarking in Canada (72 hours PCR and 2 days antigen). If I am embarking in the US and disembarking in Canada/Vancouver do I need to follow the 2 day antigen test rule or can it be 3 days?  The distinction is important for  us because its a difference between testing at home versus after we fly to Anchorage. Even my PVP says its unclear and she is checking with her management.  Thanks!

Hi folks, just want to get a little reassurance before cruising in several weeks. Hate to be denied boarding and be left at port while the ship leaves.  We are fully vaccinated and received 1 booster  and is qualified for a 2nd booster several weeks ago. 

As of April 27th, in regards to booster shot requirement for USA and entry to Canada on an Alaskan cruise, my understanding/interpretation from Princess rule is as long as one is Fully Vaccinated per CDC guidance, we can cruise. And its NOT mandatory to get a booster shot(s).   Right?  

If you cruise recently on USA cruise and had no issue, would love to hear from you.

Thanks.

17 minutes ago, dchan865 said:

Hi folks, just want to get a little reassurance before cruising in several weeks. Hate to be denied boarding and be left at port while the ship leaves.  We are fully vaccinated and received 1 booster  and is qualified for a 2nd booster several weeks ago. 

As of April 27th, in regards to booster shot requirement for USA and entry to Canada on an Alaskan cruise, my understanding/interpretation from Princess rule is as long as one is Fully Vaccinated per CDC guidance, we can cruise. And its NOT mandatory to get a booster shot(s).   Right?  

If you cruise recently on USA cruise and had no issue, would love to hear from you.

Thanks.

This is the link to Princess and sailings from USA and Canada.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Does anyone know if I can get my test results via cvs? Did tests for me, husband and 2 kids yesterday. Never received anything so I texted around 4PM with a kid’s bday and results and it said they’re ready and to call the number. Automated system is giving me nothing, only tries to connect me but now says they’re closed. Before they closed they sent me an activation for my account so I was able to access my result but I can’t see for my husband or kids. Any workaround or do I need to wait until tomorrow morning? Do the texts typically come a bit after the results are ready? 

We've been on seven cruises (four sailings) leaving from the US since return to sailing. The last one was this month on Emerald Princess. We were not boosted for the first two sailings but did get our first booster in December. On all of the embarkations, they checked that we were fully vaccinated but did not check for a booster. Current Princess protocols for sailings from the US is that a booster is recommended but not required. From the UK and EU, they are requiring a booster if the last vaccination dose is more than nine months prior to sailing. This, from what I understand, is because of EU regulations. We're sailing from Southampton UK in July and looks like our booster in December will be sufficient. What is a PITA is the requirement to test ONE day before sailing. 

Kevin 

7 minutes ago, amby6063 said:

Does anyone know if I can get my test results via cvs? Did tests for me, husband and 2 kids yesterday. Never received anything so I texted around 4PM with a kid’s bday and results and it said they’re ready and to call the number. Automated system is giving me nothing, only tries to connect me but now says they’re closed. Before they closed they sent me an activation for my account so I was able to access my result but I can’t see for my husband or kids. Any workaround or do I need to wait until tomorrow morning? Do the texts typically come a bit after the results are ready? 

Each person can set up an account here and can access their results.

2 hours ago, amby6063 said:

@amby6063 FYI., I tested yesterday at CVS around 12:30pm. I was told that Labcorp does the actual lab work and they pick up the packaged swabs from my CVS at 5:30pm. I received my results via text message with an attached PDF file today at 4:30pm. I was told it would come by both email and text. I never received an email. Could it be that perhaps you have a non US area code that’s resulting in a delay and is the reason you need to call for verification? I believe each person needs their own account. When logged in for my results, I had to verify my identity with my birthdate and cell phone number. Call early! Good luck.

2 hours ago, kml246 said:

We've been on seven cruises (four sailings) leaving from the US since return to sailing. The last one was this month on Emerald Princess. We were not boosted for the first two sailings but did get our first booster in December. On all of the embarkations, they checked that we were fully vaccinated but did not check for a booster. Current Princess protocols for sailings from the US is that a booster is recommended but not required. From the UK and EU, they are requiring a booster if the last vaccination dose is more than nine months prior to sailing. This, from what I understand, is because of EU regulations. We're sailing from Southampton UK in July and looks like our booster in December will be sufficient. What is a PITA is the requirement to test ONE day before sailing. 

Kevin 

What do you mean by testing one day before sailing? We sail from Southampton on May 9th and since we were "forced" to get a booster, we can test 3 days before boarding. This is from the Princess website for Southampton departures.

Vaccination Status

CDC Definition

Pre-Travel Test-Type

When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 2 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Up to Date

Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 3 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Not Vaccinated

Not fully vaccinated

PCR

Within 3 days

We recommend all guests take their viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) prior to leaving home to avoid queues and travel disruptions associated with a possible positive result on the day of embarkation. For U.K.-based guests, Princess recommends an option for an FDA-authorized, medically supervised at-home antigen test kit through our testing partner Prenetics™ (£30). Order your Lateral Flow Antigen test kit online^.

For fully vaccinated guests, we will offer antigen testing at the terminal that meets our requirements. For those that wish to take advantage of this convenience, a fee of $60 USD per person will apply as a stateroom folio charge to cover our costs.

Guests that have been approved for a vaccination exemption will need an embarkation day COVID-19 test performed at the terminal in addition to the pre-cruise PCR test noted in the chart above. Charges may apply.

Guests who travel internationally should always ensure they understand all entry and airlines requirements to travel from their home country and the destinations they plan to visit, including where health authorities may require pre-travel PCR COVID-19 testing to enter a country. Details continue to be updated regularly; official websites and apps developed by government agencies and tourism ministries are the recommended resources.

On 4/25/2022 at 2:45 AM, BadgerBill57 said:

Are cruise guests flying into Italy from the US and embarking in Civitavecchia required to fill out the EU Digital Passenger Locator Form (dPLF) before arriving in Italy?

UK citizens are required to fill this in and I'm pretty sure it also applies to US citizens. I have read that Italy is updating it's entry requirements at the end of April so you might want to check in a few days.

2 hours ago, DogMama77 said:

How does it work on the ship? Do people just self report if they aren’t feeling well? Or can they see you coughing and make you take a test? 

I hope that will not be the case. I have allergies which cause coughing and sneezing fits. Some idiot Nurse Practitioner would not even touch me and wanted me to go to the ER. LOL! I was able to get in to see an associate of my regular doctor and she easily diagnosed allergies and told me what to do. It has really helped.

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

????? Not even forced to get the vaccine's original dose 

I am not sure of your meaning. We did not get boosted as we had the J&J. When we received the letter from Princess on Saturday that we NOW had to get boosted, then we felt between a rock and a hard place.... cancel the trip or find a booster on a Saturday or Sunday.

True, we are not truly forced; we can decide to travel or not.