Medallion app will not accept our passport names

FritzG

After numerous attempts to get our information entered I finally got everything except our passports taken care of. It will scan the passports, but it won’t except either of our middle names. I’ve changed our information on CP to show our full names with the middle name, but when I scanned the passports it says it must have the full legal name. What is on my passport is my legal name. I tried erasing it and re-entering it but that doesn’t help at all.  Has anyone else had this problem?  

I had the same problem. I tried to erase just my middle name and it did not work. I logged out of the app, logged back in again. Then I erased the both the first and middle names and reentered only my first name and it accepted it. I am now green lane. Hope that works for you.

• Like 3

Yes...somehow the app has presented itself as "the" gatekeeper and that you absolutely MUST get everything right in it before you will be allowed to board.  NOT TRUE!  There have been many reports of people who either did not have smartphones or that had older versions that would not run the app correctly (are there *really* any that run the app correctly!?)

You can check in as was always possible at the pier without all of the hoopla that surrounds the app.

• Like 1

I had the same problem so I went online with Princess Chat and I was told to manually input the info without my middle name. I did as I was told and I am in the green again, but I am sure they will have to double check my passport when I arrive at the port. 

Thanks for all of the replies.  I dropped my middle name, and it worked.  However, I talked to a Princess Rep. yesterday--only 1 1/2 hours on hold--and she told me that it had to show the exact name that's on my passport so I guess that's not true.  She did fix a few things for me in trying to make things work.  Now I have to see if I can get DH's Medallion set up.  Right now he is showing up with me on my Medallion account with my photo.  I hope that changes when I set up his account. With any luck we'll be sailing on a b2b in the Caribbean on the Enchanted in late February.  I don't care how many ports we skip as long as we sail around the islands in the sunshine. 

• Like 2

It seems clear that the MC App now only takes F&L Names in the Passport Area - which is interesting because they used to take it all in the Cruise Personalizer.  For our Princess personal profile, it takes all three names, with a check-box for "No Middle Name" (my situation).