Anthem of the Seas LIVE 1/9

allisonb22 has a different live thread going for this sailing, so be sure to go check that one too! 

@NinjaCat15 may be updating this thread along with me. 

Screenshot_20220105-090515.thumb.jpg.d7bcd8a50d4bf772ca6acc37b3d0337a.jpg

Wednesday was previously supposed to be a stop in San Juan but due to their new testing policy, our ship cannot dock. 

We were also notified a couple of weeks ago that our departure time had changed to 16:30 instead of 15:00, which seems to be typical for Anthem right now. Then yesterday, they notified us that the ship is having problems with one of its azipods, so they're taking it slow and our check-in and boarding is delayed an additional hour. 

We will be heading to the port from Manhattan in a few hours, as our new check-in time is 12:30. 

🚢

• Like 3

We arrived at the port at our new check-in time, 12:30. The line goes all the way around the terminal building. There's only one line, no signage and can't find anyone that works here. IMG_20220109_123515.thumb.jpg.ddc66c4929fa421c74b57b7622686c6a.jpg

It seems the issue is people showed up when they felt like it, even though RCCL told us not to arrive until one hour past our assigned check in times. I talked to people at the front that have been here since 10am. 😑 The line is slowly moving now. 

8 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Yeah, the embarkation was a mess. But it's wonderful to be onboard now. Ship is empty in general, no lines in the Windjammer.

If possible can you please post entertainment schedule for the 11 nights. Thank you. 

• Like 2

We are on board and in our room! We arrived to the port at 12:30 and were onboard at 14:00. 

We went to Two70 for a weck and cocktail (Strawberry Blonde for me). 

IMG_20220109_143127.thumb.jpg.61e6be52e4ba077dadfb591924c16ec5.jpg

IMG_20220109_143923_Bokeh.thumb.jpg.623bca6a778a0900fd61e58e21b64a2e.jpg

We are in a D4 balcony with a slight bump out balcony. Hand sanitizer and masks are provided. 

IMG_20220109_150910.thumb.jpg.55ce149751633d543c74af4306c11b97.jpgIMG_20220109_151224.thumb.jpg.1c9e74dff7ca1147fec64b2aa1d768b7.jpgIMG_20220109_151324_Bokeh.thumb.jpg.417ce8ca7c9176265a6201183ca76df0.jpg

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

If possible can you please post entertainment schedule for the 11 nights. Thank you. 

Is there one spot I can go to find a listing of all showtimes in one place or will I need to compile from several places? Sorry, not a regular RCCL cruiser. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PiperHolliday said:

Is there one spot I can go to find a listing of all showtimes in one place or will I need to compile from several places? Sorry, not a regular RCCL cruiser. 

Might give you kind of a lineup either on the app on your phone, or check the first compass in your cabin

Just now, PiperHolliday said:

On our last 4 cruises post covid they were giving out sheets with entertainment on one page. Also found in our cabin. 

Just looked on the app on my phone and put in anthem and sailing date Jan 9th.........shows shows are on pretty much every night like usual, but I'm sure that is all subject to change according who gets sick or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just looked on the app on my phone and put in anthem and sailing date Jan 9th.........shows shows are on pretty much every night like usual, but I'm sure that is all subject to change according who gets sick or not.

Just looked on the app for my 1/20 Anthem sailing. No show schedules. On recent Anthem cruises only showed up between noon & 1:00 day of cruise then I was able to book. Most certainly shows & times for the 1/9 cruise will be the same as both are 11 nights. Want to figure out what & when I want to see so doesn’t interfere with specialty dining reservations. 

Just put in Jan 9th on your phone and you will see entertainment schedule

When your app opens, scroll down and click where it says Get  more details on ships we support.

then click the ship you want and the Jan 9th date, then filter to see all entertaiment that cruise

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just put in Jan 9th on your phone and you will see entertainment schedule

When your app opens, scroll down and click where it says Get  more details on ships we support.

then click the ship you want and the Jan 9th date, then filter to see all entertaiment that cruise

Thank you for your help. But where do I put in Jan 9 to see schedule. I can only see my cruises that are booked. 

9 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Thank you for your help. But where do I put in Jan 9 to see schedule. I can only see my cruises that are booked. 

look at the very bottom of that page, scroll down , slide page up all the way   with your finger

once you click that you can pick every ship in the fleet

Edited by Jimbo

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

look at the very bottom of that page, scroll down , slide page up with your finger

once you click that you can pick every ship in the fleet

OK found that now but when I click on Anthem then 1/9 it only shows what deck entertainment is on, no schedules. 

3 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

OK found that now but when I click on Anthem then 1/9 it only shows what deck entertainment is on, no schedules. 

click daily planners and then filter, then click entertainment.......mine shows everything.

Unfortunately, no compiled list of entertainment in the cabin. And the app seems to list everything individually so would be difficult to compile. But I will post the cruise compass every day. If there's a particular show you are interested in, let me know and I'll give you the details. 

We Will Rock You:

DAY 3 - 2:30PM and 8PM

DAY 6 - 8PM

Family Spectra:

DAY 4 - 7PM

Spectra's Cabaret (12+):

DAY 2 - 7PM and 9:15PM

DAY 4 - 9:15PM

2 minutes ago, PiperHolliday said:

Unfortunately, no compiled list of entertainment in the cabin. And the app seems to list everything individually so would be difficult to compile. But I will post the cruise compass every day. If there's a particular show you are interested in, let me know and I'll give you the details. 

We Will Rock You:

DAY 3 - 2:30PM and 8PM

DAY 6 - 8PM

Family Spectra:

DAY 4 - 7PM

Spectra's Cabaret (12+):

DAY 2 - 7PM and 9:15PM

DAY 4 - 9:15PM

Thank you. 

I forgot to mention, muster was extremely easy. We watched the video and listened to the horn in-app while waiting in line for check-in. Before we headed to Two70, we stopped by our muster station at Vintages to scan our set sail passes and we were go to go! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Megamixer said:

I'll be following your journey closely this week. We're scheduled to fly in from Arizona on the 19th for the next sailing. Still on the fence about cancelling.

Let me know if there's anything specific you need to know! I hope things stay on track so your cruise goes off without a hitch!