Anthem of the Seas LIVE 1/9

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

Thank you. We’re in 8652 B2B. When I booked not too many JS available that I could get for 2 cruises. Not a fan of switching cabins. 

I’m currently booked in 8652 for the 1/20 sailing.  Presuming we are able to go, I will try to remember to post about any noise related issues.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Reservations for Windjammer, well that is a HUGE hassle. Damn !! That would be final straw for me.

@PiperHollidayWe didn't have to make reservations in WJ.     I was there at 8 am for breakfast and walked right in and I just had a snack with no reservation.     Where did you hear a reservation was required?

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@PiperHollidayWe didn't have to make reservations in WJ.     I was there at 8 am for breakfast and walked right in and I just had a snack with no reservation.     Where did you hear a reservation was required?

It says right in the cruise planner that reservations are required for Windjammer. Allisonb22 also stated in her thread that when they went to WJ this morning, they were told reservations are required. 

It seems like it shouldn't be an issue on this sailing since we are such low capacity but I don't see much availability in the app. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PiperHolliday said:

It says right in the cruise planner that reservations are required for Windjammer. Allisonb22 also stated in her thread that when they went to WJ this morning, they were told reservations are required. 

It seems like it shouldn't be an issue on this sailing since we are such low capacity but I don't see much availability in the app. 

Reservations were "required" for our September Oasis cruise and they never asked  for them.  They did require us to scan our cards as we left

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PiperHolliday said:

Must have missed that when I glanced over cruise compass. 

That's odd as noone said anything when I walked in WJ at  8 am for breakfast or little before noon for a lite snack.  And my DH just went there and said he was able to walk right in too.

I guess we will just continue as we have been doing and see if anyone tells us we need a reservation.  Maybe that will happen if too busy.

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Must have missed that when I glanced over cruise compass. 

That's odd as noone said anything when I walked in WJ at  8 am for breakfast or little before noon for a lite snack.  And my DH just went there and said he was able to walk right in too.

I guess we will just continue as we have been doing and see if anyone tells us we need a reservation.  Maybe that will happen if too busy.

Our friend is headed there right now for lunch so I'll report back on his findings, as well. I'm guessing it's a 'flexible' rule. 

• Like 2

We had lunch in the MDR (American Icon) and I enjoyed it. I'm not sure if this is typical for RCCL, but service in the restaurants seems to be very quick. I'm used to cruise dinners and sometimes even lunches taking two hours. I don't mind, just an observation. 

Mimosa to start, since this is essentially my breakfast. 

IMG_20220110_121838_Bokeh__01.thumb.jpg.cc7da1993896a9630ebfac69efa2000e.jpg

Wedge salad. 

IMG_20220110_122610_Bokeh.thumb.jpg.a4c584c8c1199ec27de5536e3df3957d.jpg

Loaded potato soup with chorizo and garlic. I actually enjoyed this quite a bit, but I love garlic. 

IMG_20220110_122627_Bokeh.thumb.jpg.0cdc9db6431fe67a3d32fc44b1f3f43e.jpg

Mediterranean Lamb Pita. 

IMG_20220110_123851_Bokeh.thumb.jpg.fcc9177e5122b46f3d4d4d502341890c.jpg

Butternut Squash Risotto. 

IMG_20220110_123901_Bokeh.thumb.jpg.7dc5344ca4e7f6cbb3f1c83aeff71ba1.jpg

• Like 10

Hi, & thanks for taking time out of your vacation to keep us updated. Do you know if there are large tables at dinnertime, or are they restricting  dining to those in the same party. We have fixed early seating dining, but enjoy large table in order to meet new friends. Thank!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, richsea said:

Hi, & thanks for taking time out of your vacation to keep us updated. Do you know if there are large tables at dinnertime, or are they restricting  dining to those in the same party. We have fixed early seating dining, but enjoy large table in order to meet new friends. Thank!

We aren't doing traditional dining so I'm not really sure. I can try to ask our wait staff when we go back to My Time dining in a few days or when we go for breakfast or lunch. I'm not sure if servers at the specialty restaurants would have that information tonight. 

Edited by PiperHolliday
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, PiperHolliday said:

Hey, some days a can of soup is the perfect meal! Especially when cold outside. 

It’s so cold out here my eyes were watering in minutes. I almost poured the soup into my eyes. 😂

• Haha 6

I forgot to mention earlier that the captain made a reminder announcement about mask policies and specifically stated that it ESPECIALLY applies in the Solarium. 

We have not noticed anyone breaking the mask policy so far and elevators are usually empty. I plan to go to the Solarium in a bit and I'll report back about the situation later. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Piper, Thanks for taking time to keep us posted, its greatly appreciated. We will be sailing Jan 31st and are getting excited!   IF by any chance, you see if Tuxedo Rentals are available, that would make me even more grateful! I know its not always listed in the Compass, and increasingly over the years its just a phone call and they come up and measure etc.   Thanks in advance!    

I've been marinating in the outdoor hot tub for a couple of hours now. We went to the Solarium and it was pretty full but most people were in chairs, relaxing and sleeping. It seemed that people were abiding by the mask policy but we did not stay for long so I can't say for certain. It felt humid so we opted for the outdoor. I love getting in a hot tub when the air is cold. 

Although, there is a cherry dancing around in here that tickles my foot every so often. I can't seem to fish it out. IMG_20220110_160453__01.thumb.jpg.26a73bbc92f7135fcc6d158246e7e07f.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, irelandvegas said:

Piper, Thanks for taking time to keep us posted, its greatly appreciated. We will be sailing Jan 31st and are getting excited!   IF by any chance, you see if Tuxedo Rentals are available, that would make me even more grateful! I know its not always listed in the Compass, and increasingly over the years its just a phone call and they come up and measure etc.   Thanks in advance!    

Apparently, tuxedo rentals should be arranged ahead of time via this website:

https://tuxedorentals.rccl.com/tuxedo/tuxrental.nsf

On 1/9/2022 at 4:17 PM, PiperHolliday said:

We Will Rock You:

DAY 3 - 2:30PM and 8PM

DAY 6 - 8PM

Family Spectra:

DAY 4 - 7PM

Spectra's Cabaret (12+):

DAY 2 - 7PM and 9:15PM

DAY 4 - 9:15PM

I have never heard of / seen a "Family" Spectra.  I wonder what they do to the show.................

So, in regards to the toilet noise from our room...

The toilets I heard all night were actually only one toilet. Our neighbor. And he's been throwing up a lot. I'm guessing his stomach does not agree with the motion of the ocean. So I don't think this cabin is abnormal, it's just circumstance. 

• Like 1