Transfer question

mina

Hi all.  First celebrity cruise is coming up in Sept 2022 to Croatia.  We booked our airfare to Bologna for the cruise through Celebrity air.  We arrive two days before the ship leaves Ravenna.   Celebrity indicated they are offering transfers on the embarkation day from Bologna airport to the port in addition to form VCE.  I called to get these added to my trip as it would be cheaper than hiring a private transfer.  The Celebrity air representative said I can NOT book transfers since I am not arriving the day of the cruise.  This makes no sense to me.  Why would I not be allowed to take Celebrity transfer just because I fly in early?  

I have read, that other cruisers in your same predicament, have been able to get around this…

The celebrity agent was understanding of the situation & was able to input on the transfer request, a different airplane arrival date.

keep us informed on how it goes for you, as I too will be in the same situation.

Edited by lasekeye

2 minutes ago, lasekeye said:

I have read, that other cruisers in your same predicament, have been able to get around this…

The celebrity agent was understanding of the situation & was able to input on the transfer request, a different airplane arrival date.

Thank you.  I will follow up with our Celebrity cruse planner instead of calling direct.  

13 minutes ago, lasekeye said:

We are sailing from Ravenna on the 17th….what about u?

Same!  Very excited our first cruise with Celebrity and we have been trying for three years to get to Croatia, but keeps getting cancelled.  Big GOT fans here.   We are elite with Princess, but want to try a new line and this itinerary was perfect.  We arrive on Thursday and are spending Friday night in Bologna.  I am actually thinking I may just bite the bullet and do a private transfer as we always wanted to see Imola and the Sforza castle that is there - and its right on the way.  

44 minutes ago, mina said:

Hi all.  First celebrity cruise is coming up in Sept 2022 to Croatia.  We booked our airfare to Bologna for the cruise through Celebrity air.  We arrive two days before the ship leaves Ravenna.   Celebrity indicated they are offering transfers on the embarkation day from Bologna airport to the port in addition to form VCE.  I called to get these added to my trip as it would be cheaper than hiring a private transfer.  The Celebrity air representative said I can NOT book transfers since I am not arriving the day of the cruise.  This makes no sense to me.  Why would I not be allowed to take Celebrity transfer just because I fly in early?  

Celebrity offer bus transfers on the day of the cruise and have reps at the airport to greet and hand out stickers like a tour.   They only have these in place for the day of the cruise.   You could probably arrange a transfer if you were staying at the airport and wanted to arrange transfers back to the airport on the day of the cruise.

One exception is that if you also booked a Vacation Stay via Celebrity at about 2x the price per nite they provide Transfers and often tours regardless of when you arrive.

Edited by Jim_Iain

Thank you, just talked to our planner.  The transfers from the central city are sold out for people arriving early.  Only those arriving by plane on the same day can take the airport transfers.  As such, we will just do the private transfer tour and stop in Imola.  Its more expensive, but will let us check off a bucket list item.  Thanks your the responses! 

35 minutes ago, mina said:

Thank you, just talked to our planner.  The transfers from the central city are sold out for people arriving early.  Only those arriving by plane on the same day can take the airport transfers.  As such, we will just do the private transfer tour and stop in Imola.  Its more expensive, but will let us check off a bucket list item.  Thanks your the responses! 

What are you doing after the cruise, to get back to Rome?  Thinking of private transfer again?  Interested in 2 travel buddies?

Celebrity won’t let us transfer with them, as we are staying extra days pre&post.

1 hour ago, mina said:

Thank you.  I will follow up with our Celebrity cruse planner instead of calling direct.  

Easier to take the train.  Celebrity only has organized as Jim said for date cruise arrives/departs.  Trains in Europe are clean, relatively cheap, lots of options time wise and on time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Easier to take the train.  Celebrity only has organized as Jim said for date cruise arrives/departs.  Trains in Europe are clean, relatively cheap, lots of options time wise and on time.

Celebrity will supply their transfer, IF you are using their air program AND flying in /out the same day…..OR book a hotel with them too, but they will only allow 3 days at the hotel. The price I was quoted for a hotel in Venice (Grand Canal location…breakfast & transfer) for 3 days was over $1100 pp.  💸💸

21 minutes ago, lasekeye said:

Celebrity will supply their transfer, IF you are using their air program AND flying in /out the same day…..OR book a hotel with them too, but they will only allow 3 days at the hotel. The price I was quoted for a hotel in Venice (Grand Canal location…breakfast & transfer) for 3 days was over $1100 pp.  💸💸

Thank you all.  We will either go inexpensive and take the train or we will do the transfer tour to Imola and spend a bit more.   That is outrageous for the hotel, Lasekeye!  I think my 200 euros for a private transfer tour pales in comparison.

Yes we are staying in Rome for four days, would be happy to have some travel buddies - I will respond with more info on the roll call thread.  

Edited by mina