Odyssey My Time Dine?

jonj

I have seen on the app for upcoming cruises (sailing Jan 29) My time Dine is 6:45pm which puts a lot of the events we may want to go to smack in the middle of dinner. Can we get an earlier time onboard or because of Covid they are only doing 6:45pm or later?  For example a lot of the trivia or some music bands have sets at 7, 7:15 or 7:30pm.  

Thanks 

2 minutes ago, jonj said:

I have seen on the app for upcoming cruises (sailing Jan 29) My time Dine is 6:45pm which puts a lot of the events we may want to go to smack in the middle of dinner. Can we get an earlier time onboard or because of Covid they are only doing 6:45pm or later?  For example a lot of the trivia or some music bands have sets at 7, 7:15 or 7:30pm.  

Thanks 

Your only other option is to change to early dining.  No other MTD slots open up earlier on board

9 minutes ago, jonj said:

Thanks 

When you first board the ship head to the MDR for MTD and ask. This close to your sail date possibly what you see in your CP is the earliest due to all the earlier times are already reserved. There's always the option for no reservations for MTD. Two different lines at the entrance. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

When you first board the ship head to the MDR for MTD and ask. This close to your sail date possibly what you see in your CP is the earliest due to all the earlier times are already reserved. There's always the option for no reservations for MTD. Two different lines at the entrance. 

Thanks, it hasn't given me any earlier times, have been checking since October. 

21 minutes ago, jonj said:

Thanks, it hasn't given me any earlier times, have been checking since October. 

Most likely Odyssey is using the newer MTD system (one I dislike, BTW). On some ships it started before the covid shutdown, so expect it will continue after covid fades into the background.  To optimize the use of seats early in evening, seats in what will later be the MTD section are instead used for early traditional dining.  As those those early diners finish their meals and depart (or if they never came to the main dining room that night), the now vacant tables are used for MTD diners.  The rest of the evening, MTD uses that section as diners come and go.   As you can understand, using this system, there are no early seats available for MTD (somebody else is expected in that chair).  If you want to make those shows, change to early dining or dine late after the show.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

Just got off Odyssey on Saturday, and we had my time dining.  On the first night, we saw the sign saying that my time did not open until 6:45, so we turned around to leave. The maitre’d actually chased us down and told us to come on in. We never had to wait, and ate as early as 5:30. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rodandhope said:

Just got off Odyssey on Saturday, and we had my time dining.  On the first night, we saw the sign saying that my time did not open until 6:45, so we turned around to leave. The maitre’d actually chased us down and told us to come on in. We never had to wait, and ate as early as 5:30. 

Good to hear, thanks for sharing.  The things people worry and stress about before even getting board...

1 minute ago, jonj said:

Thank you Rodandhope. 

LGW59, we are not stressing over it was simply inquiring as last time we had My Time we could choose earlier times. 

Realize that what @rodandhopeshared is likely only possible due to the extremely low capacity the ship is sailing at - with higher capacities, you could very well be turned away (or more likely asked to wait) if you show up at say 6. 

What they did was turned the lower level of the restaurant into three seatings.  Early, Mytime, Late. That is why Mytime does not start until 6:45pm.  They also put people right next to each other, without any social distancing, no wonder there are more cases on the ship.