No response from NCL regarding FCC

nolatravelgirl

We had to cancel our NYE Breakaway cruise as multiple people in our party had positive Covid tests before we left. I called NCL and they cancelled and said to fill out an online case form. It has been nearly a month and have heard nothing. I am not expecting a refund but I was expecting FCC. There seems to be no way to reach an actual human. I have tried all avenues and nobody can give me an actual human to contact for follow up. The only thing I have received is the generic "Your email was submitted successfully. Please allow up to 30 days for a response. To avoid further delays, please do not submit multiple requests for the same concern.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. Norwegian Cruise Line Guest Relations"

They are telling you to allow up to 30 days for a response. 

I can only imagine how busy they are with FCCs and other pandemic related issues.

Edited by DinaS

• 1 month later...

Any recent timelines to receive FCC for Covid (positive test) cancellation?

I tested positive and had to cancel our booking in early Feb.   The refund for port charges posted to my credit card in less than a week.   No FCC issued yet (and called NCL, basically just got the "can't do anything until it's been over 30 days" line).   It's now been almost exactly 3 weeks.    I get they were probably inundated by cancels, just can't understand the thinking to allow the backlog to stay so high for so long.   We'd like to make a new reservation, but can't do that until FCC is issued.

Yes it is really troublesome that you can not talk to a person about issues. Every thing has to be handled by submitting a case! I am not going into details but I am really disappointed in the way NCL has handled any of mine and my agents submitted cases!!! Even after submitting information that came from NCL and the case workers going completely against what the information says. 

On 2/22/2022 at 12:10 PM, Frankf3 said:

We'd like to make a new reservation, but can't do that until FCC is issued.

Are you sure this is accurate?  Back in December, I cancelled a cruise that had FCC applied.  To ensure I got the cabin I wanted on a different cruise, I was able to go ahead and book it before the FCC was returned to my account.  Once the FCC did show up, I then called my TA and had them apply the FCC with no problem. 

My experience has been that you don't have to apply the FCC at the time of booking and can add it later... that said, I assume you might want the security of having the FCC in hand when you make your new reservation to make sure it's applied immediately.

Edited by lgdesign

• 7 months later...

We had to cancel on May 9 for a May 14, 2022 embarkation on the Dawn due to positive COVID tests. We filed our case with NCL and with our travel insurer promptly. We are now caught (hopelessly??) between travel insurer and NCL.  NCL won't perform per their published policy to grant us FCC, pending a response from our insurer.  Insurer won't close out the claim, which included air travel and lodging expenses also, until NCL follows their policy.

There is NOTHING in NCL's policy requiring insurers to adjudicate claims first. So they lie like a rug, IMHO.  I am filing a consumer fraud complaint against NCL with the Colorado Attorney General's office because I see no other way to proceed.

NCL COVID Cancellation Policy.png