What happened to the Ovation April 2023 Transpacific cruise?

8 hours ago, saltbeetle said:

Booked this Sydney to Hawaii cruise a while back. Not showing on reservation planner any more. The Honolulu to Vancouver leg is still there.

Any reason to worry? Thanks!

The April 15, 2023 Ovation TP from Sydney to Honolulu is still showing on my Cruise Planner. 

6 minutes ago, lr657 said:

The April 15, 2023 Ovation TP from Sydney to Honolulu is still showing on my Cruise Planner. 

I think they meant to book it.

The way itineraries pop in and out doesn’t surprise me anymore. I just chalk it up to the infamous IT dept. 

Edited by crzndeb

Oh, no. Not again.

Points if you get the reference.

I wouldn't be surprised, but will still be disappointed if this gets pushed back another year. I literally just sighed as I was typing. We originally booked "this" in the fall of 2019 for 2020. Then 2021, then 2022. I'm still holding out hope for 2023. But just a little.

Sincerely,

the Bowl of Petunias

• Like 1

All Ovation cruises have disappeared for February, March, and April 2023. Cruises are still showing in my cruise planner, but I'm getting a sinking feeling. Hopefully they won't cancel, just continue to wait and see.... The cruises are more than a year out, after all, and a lot can change between now and then.

21 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

I can still see them for sale on the RC Australia  site….

Whew! Maybe they aren't selling them in the US right now because of the uncertainty around international visitors. Fingers REALLY crossed that by spring of 2023, they'll be ready to let us in down under. I'll test, quarantine, do a silly walk.... 

Thanks for sharing. That's super helpful.

40 minutes ago, cruisin from florida said:

Whew! Maybe they aren't selling them in the US right now because of the uncertainty around international visitors. Fingers REALLY crossed that by spring of 2023, they'll be ready to let us in down under. I'll test, quarantine, do a silly walk.... 

Thanks for sharing. That's super helpful.

I think it will be ok, and I will see you onboard 😁

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

I think it will be ok, and I will see you onboard 😁

You and I, and several others, have been waiting for these cruises for a few years now..LOL They better not postpone them again.

38 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

OMG Deb I would cry, that one is the best cruise deal I have ever had ever 😁

I know. As a solo, the TP started off as a great deal, and adding the 2 NZ ports for 2023 made it even better. I will keep moving it as long as I can keep the original price, although I hope we don’t have to. I’m not getting any younger either. 😂

8 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I know. As a solo, the TP started off as a great deal, and adding the 2 NZ ports for 2023 made it even better. I will keep moving it as long as I can keep the original price, although I hope we don’t have to. I’m not getting any younger either. 😂

Price protection has been so good on this one. I hope we don't have to move it again either! 

• 2 years later...

We were notified today it is cancelled.  They've offered us the Quantum at the same rate however we booked so far in advance we had our pick up cabin. We have the same cabin booked all the way from Sydney to Vancouver, midship, on the hump so we have a larger balcony. Unless we can get the same or better we will cancel this. It's the trip of a lifetime for us and we will only do it once so we want to do it right. 

Pretty disappointing

• Like 1