On Reflection now and it is Incredible

1620rock

6 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

Great photo!  I believe our cabin faces the front of the ship?  This looks like the rear. I've been looking for side photos of cabins facing the front.  Thanks

This one is the bump out towards the Bow, does it help?

123101385328396.webp

Thanks for all the photos!  Let's just hope they don't cancel the sailing!  I am thinking it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to sail on a less than full ship.  Unfortunately, the airlines are consolidating flights right now and we are on a full flight.  With a couple of the Celebrity ships cancelled, it will be interesting to see what happens in April.

Like 1620 rock, sptrout, capsplace, and others, DW and I were on this cruise ( along with our cruising couple from Albuquerque wearing our sky blue T-shirts with our H & P Cruises logo). As they mentioned, ship felt deserted with only 841 passengers ( capacity 3200 or so). Crew very helpful and friendly. Entertainment one-sided as almost all acts performing in the main theater were music acts ( one comedian who did a 20 minute show on Opening Night and 1 adult-themed show late night in Celebrity Central). We thought most acts were stellar ( we go for these shows for entertainment and we were entertained). Even a group called 5 O-Clock Somewhere ( couple performing mostly 20 seconds of rock hits in a back-and-forth competitive style). Other acts included a virtuoso pianist ( Hyperion Knight) who did several other shows on other nights throughout the ship, Domenick Allen ( soloist who has performed with Liberace and Foreigner, among others), Boy Band Evolution ( 4 guys singing 50-60's hits), Jacob the violinist ( cannot remember last name - Czech), Jared Freiberg and the Vagabonds ( 50's style rock and roll with Freiberg as Jerry Lee Lewis), and a soprano named Barbie McCulloch. Food was mostly very good, service at dinner excellent, service at breakfast in the main dining room overzealous ( too many waitstaff servicing few passengers - 4 different people coming around for coffee topoffs). Fantastic weather throughout, good excursions in all ports. All in all, a fantastic way to spend 10 nights on a ship...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

50's and 60's... well, Celebrity is slowing getting there (to my wheelhouse, lol). When we first sailed with them in 2008, they had a Polka band outside of the MDR  🙂

Tom

When we sailed one of the Edge Inaugural cruises in 2018 one of the production shows featured a singer, who by the way was excellent, singing contemporary hits. One of the songs was a cover of a Shawn Mendes hit. I was remarking to myself that probably 95% of the passengers had never heard of the song and wouldn't know who Shawn Mendes was if you told them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The 40 - 50s band and mainly their lead singer, Jared Freiberg, were unbelievable, and I don't even like that type of music. If Jared Freiberg and the Vagabonds are on your cruise don't miss them, you will be stunned that they are not headlining somewhere in Las Vegas.

The same for Domenick Allen, extremely talented with a long back ground in all things music including: Liberace, Sammy Davis, Frank Sinatra, and modern rock music. He tells some great behind the scenes stories also.  

• Thanks 2

I was also on this sailing and had an amazing time!  Like our September Edge cruise, we had a small # of passengers and were outnumbered by crew.  Love, love, love the reduced capacity.  My desired cabin location is SV; and when I booked this cruise back in October, the price for a SV was $1k more than a standard balcony so I booked standard on deck 7!   But on day one of the cruise, I went to Guest Services and asked if I could switch (there were about 6 empty SVs spread out on different decks when I checked on embarkation morning before leaving the hotel).  Once it was verified that my chosen cabin was clean and ready, I was allowed to move at no additional cost.  That's excellent customer service!!!  And it was all uphill from there. 

I met amazing people and had the time of my life.

Let's do it again!!!

Susan

• Like 1

Hi all,

Back in chilly snow-covered MA and back on CC for the first time since our day in St. Kitts. Thankfully our DH alerted us to the snow forecast for Saturday and we were able to move our Delta flight to Sunday and reserve a room at the Marriott Airport.  The rest of cruise was wonderful and we were so happy to be back at sea and just enjoy the warm weather and excellent service onboard.  We were sad to leave Saturday morning but leaving the ship and customs was a breeze and we were in a taxi and on the way to the hotel by 8:30. 

We had a great stay at the Marriott.  They were very nice and welcoming and we were able to get in our room well before the 3 p.m. check-in time.   The hotel still has that brand new feel and the room was very modern and spacious.  Unfortunately the unusally cold and windy weather prevented us from using the nice rooftop pool.  Instead we spent the morning resting and catching up on some streaming on the huge flat screen.  We loved the location next to Dania Pointe center to do a little shopping and dining.

Thanks to all who stepped up and answered questions while I was offline.   The Stream package didn't work well on Reflection.  I will try to answer any remaining questions after work today.

2 minutes ago, 1620rock said:

Thanks to all who stepped up and answered questions while I was offline.   The Stream package didn't work well on Reflection.  I will try to answer any remaining questions after work today.

Welcome home!

Regarding the internet - did you run any speed tests? Was the quality of the internet service about the same around different parts of the ship?

Tom

As Retreat passengers, we got unlimited premium Internet for two devices. We were in a corner aft cabin so far back and one more step and we would have been fish bait. No real problems with our Internet service. My DW used it for Facebook and I used it for everything but Facebook, but no streaming of movies.

I did not measure the speed, but I am sure that it would vary a lot depending on passenger loading/usage and location. We use it from the back to the front, and the bottom to the top, and cannot complain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Welcome home!

Regarding the internet - did you run any speed tests? Was the quality of the internet service about the same around different parts of the ship?

Tom

Sorry that was a typo we only had the Surf package so did not do a speed test.  We usually try disconnect on cruises so this was adequate for our needs.  The only issue was for the first few days there were issues with iMessaging but the iLounge staffed helped with that issue and then as the cruise when on iMessaging worked fine.

• Like 1